Orient squad test positive for Covid

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Orient squad test positive for Covid

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

spen666 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am
BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 am I presume it was the EFL who called the game off ??
Orient couldn't put game on as ground was closed and PHWF wouldn't allow it to be used
Wheres that from?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

BTW - does this mean we might be in the QF draw?
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:32 am BTW - does this mean we might be in the QF draw?
Yes :8
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 am I don't think it's that easy , people tell me you can't just turn up and get a test even if you have symptoms 🤔🤔 I personally have had 2 tests ( ongoing illnesses ) All clear , my wife can't even get a flu jab cos she's 64 and they reckon they only have a flu vaccine for over 65s ☹ they say they have run out of under 65 vaccines , apparently there are 2 different vaccines 🤔🤔
Ron if she had underlying health issues she can get the flu jab at any chemist that are advertisong flu jabs without charge.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 am
BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 am I presume it was the EFL who called the game off ??
Orient couldn't put game on as ground was closed and PHWF wouldn't allow it to be used
Wheres that from?
Nigel Travis
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Wheres that from?
On this occasion I think Spen is correct that PHWF would not sanction the opening of the ground until checks can be made, I think the ground was fully deep cleaned yesterday as was the training ground but local health authorities will need to check they are now clear and Covid compliant.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ornchurch wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 am

They are a lot colds around at the moment and people with flu like symptoms.
Are there?

There really shouldn't be seeing as we're all social distancing.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

OyinbO wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:35 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:32 am BTW - does this mean we might be in the QF draw?
WELL DONE R--OSS
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am
OyinbO wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:35 am
WELL DONE R--OSS
Innit. When you don't have to play any actual football, then you'll see how much of a good manager he actually is!
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 am

Are there?

Yes. There are.

The kids are back at school and colds are being passed around as normal.

My son currently has a cold and has passed it on to my wife. They both have snotty noses so no worries.

I also know of other kids that are down with the sniffles.

As for you're comment on social distancing; you must be naive if you think that it is being adhered to in all situations.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 am I don't think it's that easy , people tell me you can't just turn up and get a test even if you have symptoms 🤔🤔 I personally have had 2 tests ( ongoing illnesses ) All clear , my wife can't even get a flu jab cos she's 64 and they reckon they only have a flu vaccine for over 65s ☹ they say they have run out of under 65 vaccines , apparently there are 2 different vaccines 🤔🤔
I know of someone in the Enfield area who looked to book a test and were asked to go to Cardiff.

I also have a relation in Kent who was told that the nearest test site was 195 miles away.

Its easy to say just get tested but people have to join the real world and realise that it is not that straightforward.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ornchurch wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am

Are there?

Yes. There are.

My son currently has a cold and has passed it on to my wife. They both have snotty noses so no worries.

As for you're comment on social distancing; you must be naive if you think that it is being adhered to in all situations.
But the kids are all in bubbles and what not, washing hands regularly etc. And of course social distancing isn't being adhered to in all situations, but it is in a lot.

Given all of these attempts to prevent the spread of covid germs, you would have thought a knock on benefit would have been a reduction in number of colds and flu cases right now compared to a normal year. Thats pretty logical, isn't it? It's worrying if we're not seeing that.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:27 am
Ornchurch wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am

Are there?

Yes. There are.

But the kids are all in bubbles and what not, washing hands regularly etc. And of course social distancing isn't being adhered to in all situations, but it is in a lot.

Given all of these attempts to prevent the spread of covid germs, you would have thought a knock on benefit would have been a reduction in number of colds and flu cases right now compared to a normal year. Thats pretty logical, isn't it? It's worrying if we're not seeing that.
Maybe there aren't as many as normal but there are still a number.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Given all of these attempts to prevent the spread of covid germs, you would have thought a knock on benefit would have been a reduction in number of colds and flu cases right now compared to a normal year. Thats pretty logical, isn't it? It's worrying if we're not seeing that................................................................................................................................................................................................Remember that not all diseases have the same infection rate. Some bacterial diseases depend on how many bacteria are ingested.Viruses can be similar. It seems that you need to get a fair bit of Covid 19 virus to become infected. I know that you only need a microscopic crystal or so of Norovirus to get the trots & be throwing up- That is why it is so contagious
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 am
Ron if she had underlying health issues she can get the flu jab at any chemist that are advertisong flu jabs without charge.
The wife has no health issues and has never been ill in her life 👍 she just wanted the flu jab as a precaution and was told it will be weeks before the jab for her will be available 🤔🤔
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Ornchurch wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:25 am
I know of someone in the Enfield area who looked to book a test and were asked to go to Cardiff.

I also have a relation in Kent who was told that the nearest test site was 195 miles away.

Its easy to say just get tested but people have to join the real world and realise that it is not that straightforward.
I know from my brother trying to book a test a couple of weeks ago that the online system is not accurately reflecting the availability of local testing sites, but if you phone up they will give you a local one
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:46 am
Top of the JES wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 am
The wife has no health issues and has never been ill in her life 👍 she just wanted the flu jab as a precaution and was told it will be weeks before the jab for her will be available 🤔🤔
She can still get it at Boots £10 I believe, well worth it if she's concerned.
Ralphs Coate
Fresh Alias

Post by Ralphs Coate »

UpminsterO wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:54 am
Ralphs Coate wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 am
Adz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:31 am

So I just checked the NHS website you only get tested if you have covid symptoms.

Coronavirus symptoms are:

a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste

I cannot believe how irresponsible the UK govt/nhs is, no wonder things are so bad in the UK. Compare to Australia's stance:

If you have cold or flu like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose, even if these are mild, you should get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible. People with mild symptoms can still spread the virus. To help stop the spread of COVID-19, anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms should get tested.

I'm also perplexed by the lack of rules around testing in the professional sporting sphere. But when your leaders are so laxed about it I guess it just filters down to everyone else.
Exactly, We Downunder have managed to keep this Covid b*stard in check.
UK and England in particular have made an absolute Pigs Ear out of it.
I am Leyton born, English and proud to be. But I aint arf glad I am living in Australia.
From this far away I am able to see how far the UK has fallen.
What with the Governments handling of Covid, Brexit, and the fact that H.P Sauce is now made in Holland ;)
I am saddened and I can't believe I was seriously considering moving back after 51 years just before the last election. I love Orient and England and the Pubs and Pie and Mash etc etc but FFS what a mess it is.
I agree to much of this you have written
I miss uk / orient / Essex etc and like you are down here

I want the U.K. political decisions made for the benifiet of all there - from here and speaking to family there they are shell shocked with the government
I was back for 3 months last year for a good look around the election and to visit friends/family.
The Papers and the BBC news were atrocious. The bias and misinformation was mind boggling.
People were so ignorant of what was going on there and elsewhere in the world. Even France with the Yellow jacket protests going on at the time Not many of the locals anyway. I'd talk about this and other matters and most had never heard about the current affairs happening at the time.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 am

Wheres that from?
On this occasion I think Spen is correct that PHWF would not sanction the opening of the ground until checks can be made, I think the ground was fully deep cleaned yesterday as was the training ground but local health authorities will need to check they are now clear and Covid compliant.
I dont think it was a case of they wouldnt sanction.

Orient Closed the ground ,
There was no Communication between the club & Public Health
The O's left messages but were not replied to until very late in the day &
therefore testing was not able to be done quickly.enough to prevent the cancelation &
Re-opening of the ground after inspection