Should ST holders get a refund?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Yes
11%
No
73%
Partial
16%

Total votes: 64

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Say we're in January and we still can't attend matches, I'm going to feel pretty cheated. I'd like a partial refund I think. What say you?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Should ST holders get a refund?

Post by Mistadobalina »

Obviously can't speak for anyone else but I bought my ST knowing that there was a chance I wouldn't be able to use it this season and there was an implicit charity element to shelling out. All clubs at our level are in a really dangerous moment.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Anyone who bought a ST should expect the same as anyone who bought a plane ticket after the air corridors opened.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Absolutely not.

You’d have to be a total bellend to expect a refund when the circumstances were made explicitly clear at the time of booking.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Providing I get to watch home league games via streaming without additional fees then I’m OK with that. I knew the risks when buying and accepted it may be live or stream viewing. In fact that will save on my travel costs, which are generally more than the ticket price.

So not a big issue for me, assuming as I say, I get to watch the streams instead.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I don't know how much a streaming pass is but you'd be happy to have paid season ticket price but to receive only streaming? The difference in price could be £100 or more.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:52 pm I don't know how much a streaming pass is but you'd be happy to have paid season ticket price but to receive only streaming? The difference in price could be £100 or more.
If only someone had mentioned that you wouldn’t get a refund, just a streaming pass, at the time you paid for your season ticket, eh?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

The risks of taking out a season ticket for this season were well known ( because of the covid 19 virus ) before people made the decision to buy them. All professional football clubs have been put in a terrible position because of the virus so this is a time to support the club in any way you can to provide some money to support its finances. On the plus side, the club are going to give free streaming of the home and away matches to all season ticket holders. Let us hope that later on this season, some or even all season ticket holders will be able to watch the Os play, albeit in a vastly reduced attendance to that we get in normal times.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Don't think away games are included Sid.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:08 pm Don't think away games are included Sid.
If not, then they should be !
In these troubled times things need to change in many ways, so why not give free streaming for season ticket holders for home and away matches for those times when they are unable to go and watch the clubs home matches ? Football and other sports ( especially Cricket ) need to think up different ways for people to watch their teams matches when grounds are not allowed to admit paying spectators and internet streaming of the matches is a good idea.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Like others I knew it was a risk but wanted to help club out.Will do so again next season, if God forbids things aren't better .hope owners never want their money back or we will be up sh1t creek.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:10 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:08 pm Don't think away games are included Sid.
In these troubled times things need to change in many ways, so why not give free streaming for season ticket holders for home and away matches for those times when they are unable to go and watch the clubs home matches ? Football and other sports ( especially Cricket ) need to think up different ways for people to watch their teams matches when grounds are not allowed to admit paying spectators and internet streaming of the matches is a good idea.
They're not.It was in the Monday Q&A, Danny explained the reasons why.

I went for option 1 and didn't ask for a refund on the 4 games that were void last season. I applied for 20/21 season card knowing that not being able to go to the games was a possibility
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 pm

I went for option 1 and didn't ask for a refund on the 4 games that were void last season. I applied for 20/21 season card knowing that not being able to go to the games was a possibility
So what were the reasons given for not allowing free viewing of away games via internet streaming to be given to season ticket holders for when they are unable to attend home games due to virus restrictions on spectator attendances.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 pm
y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 pm

So what were the reasons given for not allowing free viewing of away games via internet streaming to be given to season ticket holders for when they are unable to attend home games due to virus restrictions on spectator attendances.
Here

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Partial to bring it in line with streaming prices. I think it’s silly that people who supported the club by committing to a ST despite not knowing if they could attend matches, shouldn’t be worse off than people who didn’t. And that’s coming from someone who didn’t buy a ST.
JamesdixonO
Fresh Alias

Post by JamesdixonO »

No not for me I bought my season ticket knowing it could be a while before we would be allowed in.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 pm
y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 pm They're not.It was in the Monday Q&A, Danny explained the reasons why.

Here

What part of this video are they talking about the subject we are discussing, e.g free streaming of away matches for season ticket holders during the Covid 19 crisis.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Never bought a season ticket this time cos of the Pandemic , I feel sorry for people who have forked out for one but they knew the score when they purchased em , maybe a partial refund 🤔🤔
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:56 pm Partial to bring it in line with streaming prices. I think it’s silly that people who supported the club by committing to a ST despite not knowing if they could attend matches, shouldn’t be worse off than people who didn’t. And that’s coming from someone who didn’t buy a ST.
No.

They knew the score when they purchased their season tickets.

These people will still have priority access once we are allowed back in. That’s what they’re paying for.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:56 pm Partial to bring it in line with streaming prices. I think it’s silly that people who supported the club by committing to a ST despite not knowing if they could attend matches, shouldn’t be worse off than people who didn’t. And that’s coming from someone who didn’t buy a ST.
Call it silly if you like or blind faith or loyalty or more money then sense or your club needs you now.

There is a minority (large minority) that don't attend every game,some attend less then half the home games,so the cost per game for them is not EG £350 ÷ 23 but in some cases £350 ÷ 10 . So for some streaming would be better value for money.
Also with this current board don't you think they may have already thought about how to show their appreciation to the fans that have purchased season cards. It's something they won't commit to now for many reasons (the season of the unknowns) but I guess they will offer some kind of discount off of next year may be?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:10 pm
No.

They knew the score when they purchased their season tickets.

These people will still have priority access once we are allowed back in. That’s what they’re paying for.
Well they didn’t know the full score now it looks like October is in doubt.

But your point is the opposite of what usually happens. ST holders get priority every year regardless. The whole point is they front the club money in the months when there’s no games and as a reward they get a reduced price per game.

In this case they helped out in an even more difficult time and are paying about 4 quid more per game than me, who didn’t. The club are charging their most loyal customers 40% more than everyone else.

Football supporters are a different type of customer but still a customer and there’s a line where you know their loyalty is so strong you can take the piss a bit because you know they won’t go and support someone else. But there’s also a right thing to do, being a ‘family club’ and all that.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

:o
y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:26 pm
Call it silly if you like or blind faith or loyalty or more money then sense or your club needs you now.

There is a minority (large minority) that don't attend every game,some attend less then half the home games,so the cost per game for them is not EG £350 ÷ 23 but in some cases £350 ÷ 10 . So for some streaming would be better value for money.
Also with this current board don't you think they may have already thought about how to show their appreciation to the fans that have purchased season cards. It's something they won't commit to now for many reasons (the season of the unknowns) but I guess they will offer some kind of discount off of next year may be?
Yeah fair. I’m sure they will be rewarded.

But your calculations slightly off consider a lot people buy more than one ticket for partners or kids, and they are effectively being charged 3/4 times but only need one stream.

Not everyone are affluent and in my humble opinion, the club shouldn’t use their loyalty to charge them more than non loyal fans.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 pm :o
y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Yeah fair. I’m sure they will be rewarded.

But your calculations slightly off consider a lot people buy more than one ticket for partners or kids, and they are effectively being charged 3/4 times but only need one stream.

Not everyone are affluent and in my humble opinion, the club shouldn’t use their loyalty to charge them more than non loyal fans.
Yeah fair point. Understand peoples circumstances or different.
One game a season or all games per season, we are all equal fans.
Danny did say that families could pass the access code on to a friend :o in the Q&A
Infradex
Fresh Alias

Post by Infradex »

Got 4 ST's for myself and sons but obviously will only need 1 streaming pass.

Obviously I knew of Covid issues on renewal but do feel a little out of pocket.Happy for club to get the money but perhaps something can be done for multiple family ST holders in 2021/22 ? Perhaps a free limited edition kit ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:12 pm Obviously can't speak for anyone else but I bought my ST knowing that there was a chance I wouldn't be able to use it this season and there was an implicit charity element to shelling out. All clubs at our level are in a really dangerous moment.
I agree . My only thought is supporting the club , come what may .