Essex CCC

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Re: Essex CCC

Post by Top of the JES »

cymruO wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:52 pm 37 wickets in 2 days - wasn't that long ago Somerset were preparing spinner's wickets. Our second innings was rather poor. Yes it was a bowlers' wicket but some of our batters were out to poor shots eg Elgar - 10 runs for the whole match. Top until next weekend, be great if Surrey lose.
I think Somerset got caught out by the weather. I don't think they were able to fully prepare the pitch and take off as much grass as they normally would. But you comment about our batters is spot on, some very ugly dismissals. Still overall a promising start to the season.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

cymruO wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:52 pm Top until next weekend, be great if Surrey lose.
Even better if it was rained off entirely and they got "Nul Points", but that's as unlikely as snow in London in June :lol: :lol: :lol:
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

This week's match against Warks is already a must win with Surrey now 21 points clear. Members Lunch on Saturday to look forward to. And I'll be trying to get there on other days too.
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Weather looks dodgy at Chelmsford - and the Oval.