Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Israel

Post by Disoriented »

Real Al wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:22 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:29 pm Every occupying force in history has had to leave eventually, and Israel will be no different
The Normans are still royally f*cking it up over here though.
Not as bad as 40 years ago with Tebbitt and Lamont.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

We know the BBC is a government controlled organization, these days, but if one thing showed this, its the complete lack of even a squeak of reporting the terrible bombings of Gaza by Israel for 10 nights on the trot.
The establishments complete whitewashing of every bad thing Israel does is sickening, and frankly, obscene
Last edited by ComeOnYouOs on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

But it's such a regular occurence it has become quite mundane (unless you happen to be on the receiving end of the shellacking, of course) and therefore not "newsworthy". A bit like the ongoing stuff in Yemen (and other hotspots elsewhere, no doubt). I think you can read too much into the lack of coverage.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

slacker wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:04 am But it's such a regular occurence it has become quite mundane (unless you happen to be on the receiving end of the shellacking, of course) and therefore not "newsworthy". A bit like the ongoing stuff in Yemen (and other hotspots elsewhere, no doubt). I think you can read too much into the lack of coverage.
Whilst I partly agree, given the apparent peace deal last week (according to Thor, the masterpiece of the orange one), I think it's an extremely relevant news story right now.

However, Media (and the Governments that control them) are clearly so scared of Netanyahu and the corrupt, murdering Israeli Government, you really have to ask yourself 'Why'?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Isn't the latest bombing campaign in retaliation to Hamas sending incendiary devices over on balloons? That's what I'd read anyway.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dunners wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 pm Isn't the latest bombing campaign in retaliation to Hamas sending incendiary devices over on balloons? That's what I'd read anyway.
If so, it sounds like the Israeli response is totally proportionate to that threat...........
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:59 am We know the BBC is a government controlled organization, these days,
Ah, is the BBC a tool of the current Tory government, or run by lefties? I can never remember.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:59 am We know the BBC is a government controlled organization, these days, but if one thing showed this, its the complete lack of even a squeak of reporting the terrible bombings of Gaza by Israel for 10 nights on the trot.
The establishments complete whitewashing of every bad thing Israel does is sickening, and frankly, obscene
Are the beeb the only news meda outlet that is struggling to put this all across ?
Maybe tbey need you to name & shame them to for political control of there content
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Dunners wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 pm Isn't the latest bombing campaign in retaliation to Hamas sending incendiary devices over on balloons? That's what I'd read anyway.
Do you consider that commensurate retaliation........Seriously?

FFS!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/ ... 38833.html
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Hamas were only formed in 1984, so what was Israels excuse for their atrocities before that date?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:42 pm
Do you consider that commensurate retaliation........Seriously?

FFS!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/ ... 38833.html
No. And I wasn't questioning whether the retaliation was commensurate. Not sure why you feel posting laughing emojis in respone to posts with questions is a good look either.

But as you've brought it up, what do you think would be a commensurate response? Float the balloon bombs back? Use harsh language? What response from Israel would have you think "ah well, that's fair enough, as that Hamas group were being a tad reckless too?"
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:32 pm Hamas were only formed in 1984, so what was Israels excuse for their atrocities before that date?
Good point, and I've no idea.

But how long would you suggest is reasonable for Israel to take a few slaps from Hamas before the score is settled sufficiently, and it would be fair game for any Israeli retaliation?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Dunners wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:32 pm Hamas were only formed in 1984, so what was Israels excuse for their atrocities before that date?

But how long would you suggest is reasonable for Israel to take a few slaps from Hamas before the score is settled sufficiently, and it would be fair game for any Israeli retaliation?
My opinion is, that as Israel 'stole' the Palestinians land, evicted their people, and basically practised ethnic cleansing, even before the term ethnic cleansing was being used, it isnt hard to understand why the Palestinians, feel they need to make a 'statement' to show their frustration at such injustice.
They feel no one is on their side, and the world sits by, turning their backs, and allowing Israel to basically do what ever they want.
Hamas's actions pale into insignificance compared to the absolute pasting they get on a regular basis, from Israel.
No other state in the history of the world, has been able to get away with what Israel gets away with, so they should suck up a few rockets coming over the border
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:26 am Eight days of continual bombing in Gaza.........yet the BBC remains silent.

The British Broadcasting Company doesn't consider it newsworthy. Ask yourself why that is?

Oh hang on. I can't seem to find it covered in any of the UK media.

Now why is that?

I wonder whether it would be considered a 'newsworthy' story though, if just one rocket was sent from the other direction?

http://rachaelswindon.blogspot.com/2020 ... ce-of.html
You actually linked to Rachel Swindon LOL
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm

My opinion is, that as Israel 'stole' the Palestinians land, evicted their people, and basically practised ethnic cleansing, even before the term ethnic cleansing was being used, it isnt hard to understand why the Palestinians, feel they need to make a 'statement' to show their frustration at such injustice.
They feel no one is on their side, and the world sits by, turning their backs, and allowing Israel to basically do what ever they want.
Hamas's actions pale into insignificance compared to the absolute pasting they get on a regular basis, from Israel.
No other state in the history of the world, has been able to get away with what Israel gets away with, so they should suck up a few rockets coming over the border
Fair enough. Thanks for replying.

I'd politely suggest that there are some people on their side. I'm thinking those fair minded rulers in Iran and sections of the left in Western democracies (I.e. Corbyn, AOC etc). However, I take your point that nobody who matters thinks their actions are justifiable, which must be disappointing.

But, just so I'm clear on your last statement: Are you saying that, should an Israeli child have their arms blown off by a Hamas balloon bomb, the parents should shrug it off with a "oh well, that's kama" and not expect their elected government to do anything?

(I'm not defending Israeli actions against civilians BTW, especially if unprovoked)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:06 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Fair enough. Thanks for replying.

I'd politely suggest that there are some people on their side. I'm thinking those fair minded rulers in Iran and sections of the left in Western democracies (I.e. Corbyn, AOC etc). However, I take your point that nobody who matters thinks their actions are justifiable, which must be disappointing.

But, just so I'm clear on your last statement: Are you saying that, should an Israeli child have their arms blown off by a Hamas balloon bomb, the parents should shrug it off with a "oh well, that's kama" and not expect their elected government to do anything?

(I'm not defending Israeli actions against civilians BTW, especially if unprovoked)

Dunners watch this Documentary
It was an ITV/LWT special

Israeli Guy lost his daughter to Palestine
Yet still asks the question
What has Israel done to cause it .

Take Northern Ireland .

Stop the Killing
People then have a chance to heal there souls & minds
Keep on killing & breed it for generations to come .

Before Hamas
There was the PLO & Yasser Arafat

Have people forgot that much about the world in the last 20 years ?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

John Pilger has always been a friend to oppressed peoples, but Im sure this documentary, wouldnt have been aired today
thanks for posting
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:59 am We know the BBC is a government controlled organization, these days, but if one thing showed this, its the complete lack of even a squeak of reporting the terrible bombings of Gaza by Israel for 10 nights on the trot.
What news outlets do you suggest for balanced reporting on Arab/Israeli conflict?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:46 am
What news outlets do you suggest for balanced reporting on Arab/Israeli conflict?
Do you think that the BBC is a fair unbiased news reporting organisation then?
Genuine question!
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:56 am
Genuine question!
Some of their programming is, some you can see latent biases from time to time

Anyway, what news outlets would you recommend as an unbiased alternative?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ah, they were asking for it then.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:30 am

Genuine question!

One of those owned by a psychopathic billionaire.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedO wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:30 am
Genuine question!

One of those owned by a psychopathic billionaire.
You're going to have to be a little bit more specific
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

No I’m not.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7