Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Israel

Post by NuneatonO's »

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:09 pm
Seen this many times. It reinforces what ive said many times...Israel has been condemned many times by the UN, but nothing ever comes of it...they know they can get away with whatever they like.....and they do.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm
HeyO wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:13 pm
Still pontificating piously.
Who ?

I didnt write it or film it
I didnt put it on itv in its
Original schedule then re-visit it
25 years later.
Im not Jewish & wasnt
one of the jewish people interviewed
who had lost a child , yet still managed to find
reason in there mind to ask , is it something
we may have done .

Im also not palestinian or of Jewish origin
that believes Palestine does not deserve to be here.

I JUST WATCHED IT & POSTED IT.

Pious pontification is in your own head chap
not mine.
Why the insults?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

HeyO wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:02 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm
HeyO wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm

Still pontificating piously.
Who ?

I didnt write it or film it
I didnt put it on itv in its
Original schedule then re-visit it
25 years later.
Im not Jewish & wasnt
one of the jewish people interviewed
who had lost a child , yet still managed to find
reason in there mind to ask , is it something
we may have done .

Im also not palestinian or of Jewish origin
that believes Palestine does not deserve to be here.

I JUST WATCHED IT & POSTED IT.

Pious pontification is in your own head chap
not mine.
Why the insults?
What Insult ?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Decent people in Israel speaking out for their Palestinian friends and neighbours:

WELL DONE!
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

So, Bibi has put the West Bank annexations on hold, as Trump doesn’t give his blessing, domestic Israeli dissent grows on the issue, and even Our Idiot PM has done a Sgt Wilson and written a “is this wise, sir?” article for an Israeli rag.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... er-article
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

My understanding of middle east geopolitics is limited, to say the least, but isn't annexation pretty much an inevitability?

Now that Israel is cosying up to the Saudis, they're going to feel more emboldened to make such a move. And with the Iranian regime sponsoring agitators in Lebanon, Gaza and throughout the Palestinian territories, I can see the logic in Israel consolidating its territory sooner rather than later.

Obviously, all of this ignores the impact on ordinary people and whether any of this is legal, but then that's never been much of a factor behind such moves in the past? Everyone's pretty much accepted Russia moving into Crimea.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Perhaps when Hamas and Hezbollah declares that they no longer wants to push Israel into the sea, there will be some sort of peace. Also perhaps they can stop paying money to families of 'heroes' who kill an Israeli person.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

IMHO - This thread has absolutely no place on a football messageboard. Could Admin start a section under the board index for "Political Claptrap"
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 am IMHO - This thread has absolutely no place on a football messageboard. Could Admin start a section under the board index for "Political Claptrap"
Its always been like this though. Have you only just noticed? :)
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

DuvB wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:45 am
Top of the JES wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 am IMHO - This thread has absolutely no place on a football messageboard. Could Admin start a section under the board index for "Political Claptrap"
Its always been like this though. Have you only just noticed? :)
It's getting worse though DuvB, People with clear political agenda's starting political threads which often turn quite nasty, Be better if they had there own section of the board.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

As far as I can remember, you've contributed to many non-football related topics on this forum in the past.

It therefore begs the question, why you have chosen this particular non-football related thread to vent your dissatisfaction exactly?

As for football (in particular the O's); not sure whether you've noticed but there's not exactly a lot to talk about at the moment, is there.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Made very limited contributions mainly when the Coronavirus thread started getting political. Why would you want to start a thread about Israel on a football messageboard though? There must be some spicy political boards for you to pedal your beliefs. Failing that let's just have a political section of the board where Lefties and Righties can slug things out and leave the rest of us to enjoy the trials and tribulations of supporting the Os.

No football at the moment - it's like any other close season still plenty of speculation about clubs, players, transfers.loys to keep people talking.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 pm Made very limited contributions mainly when the Coronavirus thread started getting political. Why would you want to start a thread about Israel on a football messageboard though? There must be some spicy political boards for you to pedal your beliefs. Failing that let's just have a political section of the board where Lefties and Righties can slug things out and leave the rest of us to enjoy the trials and tribulations of supporting the Os.

No football at the moment - it's like any other close season still plenty of speculation about clubs, players, transfers.loys to keep people talking.
No-one’s forcing you to read it though, are they?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:17 am My understanding of middle east geopolitics is limited, to say the least, but isn't annexation pretty much an inevitability?

Now that Israel is cosying up to the Saudis, they're going to feel more emboldened to make such a move. And with the Iranian regime sponsoring agitators in Lebanon, Gaza and throughout the Palestinian territories, I can see the logic in Israel consolidating its territory sooner rather than later.

Obviously, all of this ignores the impact on ordinary people and whether any of this is legal, but then that's never been much of a factor behind such moves in the past? Everyone's pretty much accepted Russia moving into Crimea.
I thought Israel consolidated its territory & then moved in on others.

Does the UN still hold that, Israel should return to its 1967 territory?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES - are you anti-Palestine? Is that the issue here?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedO wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:05 pm Top of the JES - are you anti-Palestine? Is that the issue here?
No.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

To be fair to JES, this is one topic where EVERY thread will descend into all out nuclear war.

It's a shame because I do like trying to learn and understand the different viewpoints people have on what is a tragic and complex issue. And, obviously, I'd much rather do that on here than read a book or research for myself online.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

This is a good article by Vivian Wineman, who was chair of the British Board of Deputies from 2009-15. I’m unsure what his political alignment is, but he was always one for inter-faith/community conciliation when in post, and clearly isn’t afraid to criticise the Israeli State when it deserves it now. Sadly, I can’t imagine the current supine BoD ever having the gumption to do the same these days.

https://vashtimedia.com/2020/07/17/if-b ... hould-too/
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

slacker wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:18 pm This is a good article by Vivian Wineman, who was chair of the British Board of Deputies from 2009-15. I’m unsure what his political alignment is, but he was always one for inter-faith/community conciliation when in post, and clearly isn’t afraid to criticise the Israeli State when it deserves it now. Sadly, I can’t imagine the current supine BoD ever having the gumption to do the same these days.

https://vashtimedia.com/2020/07/17/if-b ... hould-too/
That's a good article.

It's always difficult to look at the other side of the argument (just look at this board).
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

It is an interesting read showing the divides that exist between Jewish people in this country.

Mikero
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thanks for posting Slacker.
Great article. If I , or most people were to say the things Mr Wineman said, they would immediately been labeled anti semites.
when a former BoD chairman says it, it takes on a whole new meaning.
Brave man indeed
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

"Perhaps when Hamas and Hezbollah declares that they no longer wants to push Israel into the sea, there will be some sort of peace. Also perhaps they can stop paying money to families of 'heroes' who kill an Israeli person."

On the other hand without Hamas and Hezbollah the Isreal forces would have marched in and taken over the whole country years ago, leaving thousands of displaced people crammed into a tiny corner of what once had been their own country. Every subjugated people have a right to organise to try and protect their people. Are you saying that the resistance movements in Europe should not have resisted the Germans and their allies or you just trotting out the same old platitude without thinking?

Mikero
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Hamas, didnt form until 1984, 36 years after Israel first occupied Palestine.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Mikero wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pm
On the other hand without Hamas and Hezbollah the Isreal forces would have marched in and taken over the whole country years ago...
Israeli forces are among the most well equipped and technologically advanced in the world. Hamas and Hezbollah wont be, and never would have been, too much of a problem for them.

Also the two groups get their funding from Iran. Iran has never been the most cash rich state, but right now and for the foreseeable future it's going to be proper broke.