Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Harlow
Fresh Alias

Re: Israel

Post by Harlow »

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/inc ... ael-639491

Being a terrorist is a full time job; if they allow peace they lose their jobs. Also they are big fish in Palestine, Lebanon etc. Again peace could reduce their status. In my uninformed view they have no consideration for the people they "represent. They cannot change the past so should look forward, I think a lot of money would be chucked at Palestine by USA if a peace deal was achieved

Suspected Islamist militants kill 13 in eastern Congo villages (something else not reported by BBC)
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:14 pm Well thanks for trying anyway

Hopefully COYOs can give me some recommendations
Unable to help, mainly because the mainstream media is owned by right wing Zionists, who are always biased in favour of the apartheid racist state.
If by some miracle, I find an unbiased media outlet, I shall make a point of letting you know, but dont hold your breath, you might have an awful long wait
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

BoniO wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Dunners wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 pm Isn't the latest bombing campaign in retaliation to Hamas sending incendiary devices over on balloons? That's what I'd read anyway.
If so, it sounds like the Israeli response is totally proportionate to that threat...........
So if they sent incendiary devices back on balloons, that makes it okay?

What IS proportionate in this never ending killing field.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:29 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:14 pm Well thanks for trying anyway

Hopefully COYOs can give me some recommendations
Unable to help, mainly because the mainstream media is owned by right wing Zionists, who are always biased in favour of the apartheid racist state.
If by some miracle, I find an unbiased media outlet, I shall make a point of letting you know, but dont hold your breath, you might have an awful long wait
That's unfortunate

Are their any other sources I could seek outside the mainstream media?
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:46 am What news outlets do you suggest for balanced reporting on Arab/Israeli conflict?
My recommendations would be Haaretz (an Israeli equiv of The Grauniad with a mix of neolib to leftish opinion pieces), and for the wider MENA region Middle East Eye is decent.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

slacker wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:37 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:46 am What news outlets do you suggest for balanced reporting on Arab/Israeli conflict?
My recommendations would be Haaretz (an Israeli equiv of The Grauniad with a mix of neolib to leftish opinion pieces), and for the wider MENA region Middle East Eye is decent.
Cheers Jeepster, will take a look at Haaretz
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:37 pm UK Govt. complicit in muder:

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... ing-israel
Morning star

Al Jazeera

Rachel Swindon's blog

Since yesterday..... Spectacular
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Morning star

Al Jazeera

Rachel Swindon's blog

I've not had the chance to check the latest objective reporting from these fine publications. But do you happen to know if they apportion any blame to Hamas, by any chance?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Morning star

Al Jazeera

Rachel Swindon's blog

I've not had the chance to check the latest objective reporting from these fine publications. But do you happen to know if they apportion any blame to Hamas, by any chance?
Are you saying Hamas are Responsible for when Israel fire missiles
That kill Children as well as Adults Dunners ?

Are you happy people ( some of them kids) lose there lives with state of the art weapons ?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Morning star

Al Jazeera

Rachel Swindon's blog

The Morning Star piece doesn't even mention Hamas

The Rachel "Here's my PayPal details" Swindle piece uses the word Hamas in the context that she'll get abuse on social media for writing about the situation (She's so brave).
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Morning star

Al Jazeera

Rachel Swindon's blog

Are you happy people ( some of them kids) lose there lives with state of the art weapons ?
Of course I'm not happy that anyone has been injured or killed. What a stupid question.

But if Hamas know Israel will retaliate if they lob explosives into Israel, and Hamas still lobs explosives, then surely the deserve at least some criticism? Surely they should be held responsible for the known consequences of their own violent and reckless actions?

And why does the fact that weapons are "state of the art" have any significance when weighting the value of a human life? If Israel killed a civilian by lobbing back the Hamas bombs would you suddenly think, "oh well, that's fair enough I suppose"? What response from Israel would you consider to be commensurate?

For some reason nobody seems to want to answer these questions. It just seems like all critical thinking and logic has gone out the window.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

RedO wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:41 am
Dunners wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 pm Isn't the latest bombing campaign in retaliation to Hamas sending incendiary devices over on balloons? That's what I'd read anyway.
Ah, they were asking for it then.
Well, yeah, to a degree. They knew what reaction they'd get. And yet they still did it. Der...

I'm not trying to make out that it's a good thing, but I just don't understand why Hamas don't get just as much flak as Israel. Holding them accountable and responsible for their actions is a perfectly reasonable position to take.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 pm

Of course I'm not happy that anyone has been injured or killed. What a stupid question.

But if Hamas know Israel will retaliate if they lob explosives into Israel, and Hamas still lobs explosives, then surely the deserve at least some criticism? Surely they should be held responsible for the known consequences of their own violent and reckless actions?

And why does the fact that weapons are "state of the art" have any significance when weighting the value of a human life? If Israel killed a civilian by lobbing back the Hamas bombs would you suddenly think, "oh well, that's fair enough I suppose"? What response from Israel would you consider to be commensurate?

For some reason nobody seems to want to answer these questions. It just seems like all critical thinking and logic has gone out the window.
So its only Hamas fault then ?

Nothing to do with Israel

Stupid statement indeed, this time by you dunners
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Unable to answer the questions then? Righto.

And, for what it's worth, yes, Israel has plenty to answer for.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:19 pm Unable to answer the questions then? Righto.

And, for what it's worth, yes, Israel has plenty to answer for.
Well there were 3 questions so i didnt answer any

Put them as individual questions ill give you proper answers
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Do the crank left hate Israel because they're a Jewish state?

Or are they antisemtic because of Israel?

A real chicken and egg scenario
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

I love it when the Rabid right see questioning of policy as HATRED .

The rabid righties are so full of the stuff they can never see decency & honesty
to ones fellow man , instead of hating they ne learn something NEW
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:18 pm Do the crank left hate Israel because they're a Jewish state?

They hate Israel for similar reasons they hated south Africa in the 70s, 80, & 90s, ie because they are a rogue racist apartheid state. Why is that so hard for right wingers to comprehend?
Added to that, the brutality, and the ethnic cleansing, its not really hard to understand.
The Zionist, will always put it down to anti-semitism, which is plain lazy.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:41 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:18 pm Do the crank left hate Israel because they're a Jewish state?

They hate Israel for similar reasons they hated south Africa in the 70s, 80, & 90s, ie because they are a rogue racist apartheid state. Why is that so hard for right wingers to comprehend?
Added to that, the brutality, and the ethnic cleansing, its not really hard to understand.
Well at least you're honest about being a crank
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:09 pm

A cheap shot, from someone running out of constructive critical argument
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Any suggestions as to what the Palestinians could do to stop their land being stolen then? A strongly worded letter of complaint, perhaps? Or an online petition?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:09 pm

A cheap shot, from someone running out of constructive critical argument
I apologise, I assumed your clichéd argument defending the crank left was genuine
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

RedO wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Any suggestions as to what the Palestinians could do to stop their land being stolen then? A strongly worded letter of complaint, perhaps? Or an online petition?
There are options and geopolitical strategies open to them (which I'm just not going to list at this hour - but it's all out there), but they've decided to vote for parties that are openly funded by the theocratic Iranian regime (which has no interest in there being any stability in the region) and has stated aims of being violent and aggressive. That is their right, of course, but they then need to accept the consequences of their actions.

The Palestinians are f*cked, as they are collateral to bigger geopolitical games that are afoot (this is bigger that Israel's expansion). And unfortunately it's always the common folk who suffer the most. There's no perfect outcome for them, so they will need to ultimately decide between ideological/superstitious glorious failure or pragmatism. I don't see this ending well for them.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

I mean the Palestinians voted for Hamas in 2006, there hasn't been a vote since and they refuse to hold elections

But yeah they definitely represent the Palestinians or at least the old white men in the UK who are pro-Palestine