BURNLEY TONIGHT

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

BURNLEY TONIGHT

Post by AckneyAwks »

versus Man City...10 Englishman in the starting eleven!
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: BURNLEY TONIGHT

Post by The Mindsweep »

2 goalkeepers on the bench, Burnley taking no chances against City.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

They’ll probably need to have two Goalkeepers in goal to have a chance.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Shithole in 1987 and clearly remains one now!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

City were good value tonight.

What was the plane thing all about? I guess from Micah’s interview it must have said white lives matter. Did the tv show it? I didn’t see all the game only from 40 mins onwards.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

It said "White Lives Matter Burnley"

https://news.sky.com/story/burnley-cond ... h-12012848
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

It cannot be right that a Lives Matter placard/ protest of one skin colour is acceptable but a Lives Matter placard/ protest of another skin colour isn’t, for that is totally illogical.

And that is exactly why I won’t support any group based on skin colour, for I see it as divisive.

All lives matter equally remains my starting point.
Milo_T
Fresh Alias

Post by Milo_T »

EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:55 am It cannot be right that a Lives Matter placard/ protest of one skin colour is acceptable but a Lives Matter placard/ protest of another skin colour isn’t, for that is totally illogical.

And that is exactly why I won’t support any group based on skin colour, for I see it as divisive.

How can showing support for people who have endured systematic racism be divisive?

It's like having a row of houses where only ones on fire and telling the firemen "all houses matter". If course they do that's inherent and understood but not all of them need the same level of support or attention.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

People get frightened when it's not them that get highlighted. Black people are not treated equally in society and that's a fact but there is not a finite amout of equality around, no one loses. Women got the vote, men didn't lose out.

Is it easier being black skinned or white in society?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

AckneyAwks wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 pm versus Man City...10 Englishman in the starting eleven!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A 5-0 tonking .

Damn , best get some foreigners in the side.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Milo_T wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:11 am
EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:55 am It cannot be right that a Lives Matter placard/ protest of one skin colour is acceptable but a Lives Matter placard/ protest of another skin colour isn’t, for that is totally illogical.

How can showing support for people who have endured systematic racism be divisive?

It's like having a row of houses where only ones on fire and telling the firemen "all houses matter". If course they do that's inherent and understood but not all of them need the same level of support or attention.

We all know that but it’s not about black lives. If you think it is then you is stupid.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The Mindsweep wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 am People get frightened when it's not them that get highlighted. Black people are not treated equally in society and that's a fact but there is not a finite amout of equality around, no one loses. Women got the vote, men didn't lose out.

White. But we all know that. It’s middle class whites and woke millennials driving this agenda. They can’t win elections but they are using black lives matter as a political tool. Do you honestly think they care about blacks on housing estates in inner cities. They would run a mile if they saw one. Cnuts.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:26 am
Milo_T wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:11 am

We all know that but it’s not about black lives. If you think it is then you is stupid.
Next time there is a Cancer research collection at The O's
I hope you protest with british heart foundation matters too .

Or if you see a mother with a child in hospital you protest
To her " your other childrens Health matters too .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Is what they did illegal?

Why the police investigation and threats of lifetime bans from Turf Moor?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Love the irony of the PL bending over backwards to BLM who have as one of their goals the dismantling of capitalism.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

White lives matter = racist
Black lives matter = not racist

It’s truly baffling how people can’t notice the inconsistencies in their position
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:59 am White lives matter = racist

It’s truly baffling how people can’t notice the inconsistencies in their position
Im not sure if you genuinely dont know, or are just being a tw*t.......I suspect youre intelligent enough to know, so its the latter

BLM doesnt mean all lives dont matter....of course they do, its to draw attention to the fact black people suffer racism still in 2020, in all sorts of ways in everyday life, and the campaign is to draw attention to it, and for that situation to change
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 am
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:59 am White lives matter = racist

Im not sure if you genuinely dont know, or are just being a tw*t.......I suspect youre intelligent enough to know, so its the latter

BLM doesnt mean all lives dont matter....of course they do, its to draw attention to the fact black people suffer racism still in 2020, in all sorts of ways in everyday life, and the campaign is to draw attention to it, and for that situation to change
Got it, so a fly past with a banner stating "Jewish Lives Matter" would be alright in the current climate as it draws attention to the racism they receive in every day life?
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:49 am Love the irony of the PL bending over backwards to BLM who have as one of their goals the dismantling of capitalism.
Really? Where did you find that goal? Can’t see it on their website https://blacklivesmatter.com/blms-whatm ... and-focus/
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:32 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 am

Got it, so a fly past with a banner stating "Jewish Lives Matter" would be alright in the current climate as it draws attention to the racism they receive in every day life?
He's definitely gobbling that one up, to be fair expertly executed by you.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 am
The Mindsweep wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 am People get frightened when it's not them that get highlighted. Black people are not treated equally in society and that's a fact but there is not a finite amout of equality around, no one loses. Women got the vote, men didn't lose out.

White. But we all know that. It’s middle class whites and woke millennials driving this agenda. They can’t win elections but they are using black lives matter as a political tool. Do you honestly think they care about blacks on housing estates in inner cities. They would run a mile if they saw one. Cnuts.
Beradogs would you say England is a racist country?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

slacker wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:37 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:49 am Love the irony of the PL bending over backwards to BLM who have as one of their goals the dismantling of capitalism.
Really? Where did you find that goal? Can’t see it on their website https://blacklivesmatter.com/blms-whatm ... and-focus/
That being a link to the American BLM movement.

It's a stated aim on the UKBLM official fundraising page.

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Yes agree and what is wrong about ''All lives matter'' As surely all lives DO matter, regardless of the colour of the persons skin or what country the people happen to live in ?
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

In the context of an arena where footballers, some of whom have been vocal for BLM, are collectively showing their support it can only be seen as a calculated racist insult.

Mikero