Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Thor »

If Boris gets the top job he would unite the grassroots of the party, he may even bring the party together although that's gonna be a big ask considering the divisions that they have right now.

One thing I can guarantee is that he will absolutely take Corbyn apart. I also think he will take on and beat the EU at their own game. Things could get interesting.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I have always regarded Johnson as a buffoon, and an embarrassment, and it would be shameful if this man were to be our Prime Minister.
He has a very iffy past too.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm If Boris gets the top job he would unite the grassroots of the party, he may even bring the party together although that's gonna be a big ask considering the divisions that they have right now.

One thing I can guarantee is that he will absolutely take Corbyn apart. I also think he will take on and beat the EU at their own game. Things could get interesting.
:lol:

You can fool some of the people some of the time ...
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

😂

Look how he took on and beat the EU earlier in this process. 😁
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:29 am 😂

My three hero's Trump, Boris, Farage, If only all three could be in power at same time, so much fun, none of them got any truck with the snowflake lefties or PC Brigade. So what if they open there gob before thinking, take it all with a pinch of salt, Boris and Farage EU bashing together great fun. Bring it on
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Boris was the best mayor London has had so far.

He might have some dubiousness in his history, he might lack attention to detail, he might have grandiose plans, but he gets stuff done. I’d say we need a PM that gets stuff done right now.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Thor wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 pm Boris was the best mayor London has had so far.

He might have some dubiousness in his history, he might lack attention to detail, he might have grandiose plans, but he gets stuff done. I’d say we need a PM that gets stuff done right now.
It's true. He got the cablecar built with taxpayers money when it wasn't supposed to be, spend loads on a failed garden bridge, spent loads on water cannon that were then scrapped, took credit for bikes that weren't his idea. The man's a genius.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thor wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 pm Boris was the best mayor London has had so far.

Im surprised to hear you say that. As a tory, I guarantee if a Labour Mayor would have wasted so much tax payers money, you would have been critical in the extreme
Boris bought Water Cannons for £322,834.71p....they were never used, and finally they were sold for scrap for £11,025, meaning he wasted over £300,000 of London tax payers money

Then we have the Garden Bridge scheme....another bright idea from boris, that was scrapped, but not untill he had wasted £53 million, of our money.
Boris was a disaster as Mayor. He wasted so much more money than I have listed here
Check the link below for a breakdown of the garden bridge costs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47228698
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 am

My three hero's Trump, Boris, Farage, If only all three could be in power at same time, so much fun, none of them got any truck with the snowflake lefties or PC Brigade. So what if they open there gob before thinking, take it all with a pinch of salt, Boris and Farage EU bashing together great fun. Bring it on
Reads like a random gammon quote generator.

If I were a Brexiteer, Gove would be the only plausible option, in that he's able to present an intellectual case for leaving the EU, recognises that the Tory party needs to modernise to win a majority again and isn't a pathological liar on the Johnson scale. I suspect and hope that Johnson's terrible standing with Tory MPs will mean there's no way he's making it to final two in a vote.

People overestimate what a mayor can do in London. But vanity projects aside, Johnson's great failings were making a mess of housing delivery (both as an overall figure and the amount that was affordable) and screwing up on air pollution. Livingstone's reforms in 2008 to expand and strengthen the congestion zone were in retrospect really necessary. Johnson effectively did nothing on air quality, which is now being recognised as a disaster.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 am

If you’re an organ donor I doubt they’ll find a use for your brain....
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Im surprised to hear you say that. As a tory, I guarantee if a Labour Mayor would have wasted so much tax payers money, you would have been critical in the extreme
Boris bought Water Cannons for £322,834.71p....they were never used, and finally they were sold for scrap for £11,025, meaning he wasted over £300,000 of London tax payers money

Then we have the Garden Bridge scheme....another bright idea from boris, that was scrapped, but not untill he had wasted £53 million, of our money.
Boris was a disaster as Mayor. He wasted so much more money than I have listed here

I am staggered that the contractors were paid £21m for not doing anything. That must rest with the public servants who negotiated the contract.

I don't think Boris decided we needed water cannons, it would have been police that asked & sourced.

If Boris was such a disaster - Why was he re-elected?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dont forget his double decker busses that came in at a cost of £1million quid per bus.

He promised to scrap the congestion charge ,
He didnt , as for a waste of Money.

Mini Holland in the 5 olympic boroughs.
Blame Boris.

Best London Mayor ever ?

F Cough !
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Real Al wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 pm

It's true. He got the cablecar built with taxpayers money when it wasn't supposed to be, spend loads on a failed garden bridge, spent loads on water cannon that were then scrapped, took credit for bikes that weren't his idea. The man's a genius.
Whatever you think about Boris, he is the only Tory to be a London mayor snd he has done so twice. He also spearheaded the leave campaign, which again he won.

I tend to like winners running our country, because there are very few of them around. They understand what is needed to bring about good results.

Please compare our last 2 chairman/CEO.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

When people start talking about failed projects and money wasted to attack one party its a dangerous strategy. Look at failed projects and wasted money and you will see both parties have skeletons in their cupboards. In the case of Labour and IT systems it runs into billions. This route of attack is let’s say stupid.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Wrong thread, dohy.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:07 pm Wrong thread, dohy.
Exposing the incompetence of our politicians is fair game on any thread.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Just a shame that zip wire didn't break
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 pm

When people start talking about failed projects and money wasted to attack one party its a dangerous strategy. Look at failed projects and wasted money and you will see both parties have skeletons in their cupboards. In the case of Labour and IT systems it runs into billions. This route of attack is let’s say stupid.
There's a difference between failed infrastructure projects and failed vanity projects.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Real Al wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:39 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 pm

There's a difference between failed infrastructure projects and failed vanity projects.
Really. Straw clutching gone mad. Me. I’d sooner lose a million on a vanity project than 20 billion on an infrastructure project. Defending massive losses, for whatever reason. Jeez. Now I’ve heard everything. Incompetent politicians spending tax payers money on feck ups is not ok and I don’t give a shot what Party is guilty. I’m not interested in the party colour, just incompetence.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Where is the £20 billion figure on failed infrastructure projects coming from?

And what has this got to do with Corbyns government in waiting?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 pm Where is the £20 billion figure on failed infrastructure projects coming from?

1. Made up

2. Absolutely nothing

Happy to clarify.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 pm Where is the £20 billion figure on failed infrastructure projects coming from?

1. Made up

2. Absolutely nothing

Happy to clarify.
Labours computer blunders cost an alledged estimated. £26billion.
If people learn to read I was criticising all parties, not digging at Corbyn
Any Government whether in power now or in the future waste money.
Got everything to do with a previous post

Lazy boarding Dis, not like you. Oh, hang on, exactly like you.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Link please, doh nut. When you get a moment.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 am
Disoriented wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 am

1. Made up

2. Absolutely nothing

Happy to clarify.
Labours computer blunders cost an alledged estimated. £26billion.
If people learn to read I was criticising all parties, not digging at Corbyn
Any Government whether in power now or in the future waste money.
Got everything to do with a previous post

Lazy boarding Dis, not like you. Oh, hang on, exactly like you.
As stated above, where is your evidence?

Dishonest boarding Prez, not like you. Oh hang on ... (you get the drift?)
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The NHS systems blunders was billions in cost and never worked.