Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tory Watch

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:28 pm I would like to know how Johnson or any one else can circumvent Parliament and take this country out of the EU on a no deal against the wishes of MPs
If anyone knows how this is possible could you let me know
General Election and drain the swamp.
Blackadder
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 pm Boris as PM. Time to emigrate to the jungle like his dad.
God forbid that this nightmare ever comes to fruition. Everything he has ever done has fallen to pieces, He was bombed out of the
Foreign Office for things he said. As the Mayor of London he wasted millions of pounds on Water Cannons which were eventually sold off at a ridiculously low price. Then there were the bendy busses, immediately got rid of by Kahn when he became mayor.
The world would be laughing at us if this fat fek ever gets in.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Blackadder wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:17 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 pm Boris as PM. Time to emigrate to the jungle like his dad.
God forbid that this nightmare ever comes to fruition. Everything he has ever done has fallen to pieces, He was bombed out of the
Foreign Office for things he said. As the Mayor of London he wasted millions of pounds on Water Cannons which were eventually sold off at a ridiculously low price. Then there were the bendy busses, immediately got rid of by Kahn when he became mayor.
I want Boris to win. If he does it will be the end of the Tories and we will have a Labour Govt for three generations.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 pm
I want Boris to win. If he does it will be the end of the Tories and we will have a Labour Govt for three generations.
A sociopath like Johnson could do quite a lot of damage between now and 2022. I'd never wish for that. I'm not especially enthused by three generations of Labour government either to be honest.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Just look at the state of other world leaders.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 pm
Just look at the state of other world leaders.

Don’t need to look outside our own countries for poo poo leaders. A low that has the potential to go even lower.
Blackadder
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder »

Max, it was not about an agenda to guarantee victories for the Labour Party, although I have no love for them, it's because
I think the bumbling idiot is not fit for purpose for the PM position,
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Wasn't the bendy buses down to Ken Livingston.?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

No it wasnt bendy busses it was his new route masters that stood us in a milllion quid a bus

Wastage of money
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Blackadder wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Max, it was not about an agenda to guarantee victories for the Labour Party, although I have no love for them, it's because
Oh! Ok. I too think he's a bumbling fukwit.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 pm
Blackadder wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Oh! Ok. I too think he's a bumbling fukwit.
Mehhhhhh, I think a lot of that is a front. The bloke is a proper wrongun. It suits him to be seen as an affable oaf but given a sniff of power and he'd turn into a greasy spoon version of Trump, the national strongman who talks crap and "proves" himself through set-piece provocations on the domestic and international stage. God knows who he'd pick a fight with but it'd be the rest of us that would suffer.

I also don't buy this argument that the definitive proof of the Tories' utter villainy would see them banished from power. That's not how it works.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:37 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:28 pm I would like to know how Johnson or any one else can circumvent Parliament and take this country out of the EU on a no deal against the wishes of MPs
If anyone knows how this is possible could you let me know
General Election and drain the swamp.
There will not be a general election. Also draining the swamp in USA worked a treat didn't it. Although I do agree it needs to be drained!
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Probably worth checking your facts before posting.

Boris Johnson is a tw*t. However, he wasn't responsible for bendy buses, that was Livingstone.

The water cannon was around a 300k loss, not millions. It was also the met police that wanted them, and Theresa May who decides to ban them on the same basis our police do not routinely carry guns.

Amazing that May has rightly or wrongly received flack for limiting our police, however this water cannon issue goes down as Johnson error. Water cannon looked extremely successful in the past in dealing with football hooliganism in Europe, but not deemed fit for use in the UK. No wonder we voted to leave.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

On the plus side, I have already bagged tickets for Theresa May's " Ethnic Dance Extravaganza" coming to a theatre near you!
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:05 pm No it wasnt bendy busses it was his new route masters that stood us in a milllion quid a bus

Wastage of money
Not a million, no.

£354,000 per bus for an initial bulk consignment in 2012 of 600, and approximately £325,000 for an additional 200 in 2014.

That meant each bus was around 50k more then the previous standard bus for the first batch, around 30k for the second.

Saddiq Khan, who cancelled further purchases of the new routemaster above is introducing a new electric bus that comes in around 500k per bus for the 20 ordered.

And for what it's worth Khan, Johnson and Livingstone have all been pretty terrible mayor's for one reason or another and none are remotely likeable.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Politicians suck

All of em

Where’s Wolfy or Rick when you need them most
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:56 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Wastage of money
And for what it's worth Khan, Johnson and Livingstone have all been pretty terrible mayor's for one reason or another and none are remotely likeable.
Personally anything Ken did i was ok with
Not much i can see that khan has done wrong either .
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Disoriented wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm
Thor wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:48 am

The Torres got what they deserved. However, what’s funny is the people still don’t want Labour to run their councils, cos let’s face it the ones they do run are useless.
Really? Name one?
I’d start with those regions where they lost councillors. Beggars belief that this was possible given the utter shambles that are the Tories. Then I would look at those councils where Tories lost out but people preferred anybody else but Labour. Not difficult really. Want names? Go look up the results, enough of them.
Lazy Prez. The onus is on those who fabricate facts to put up or shut up. As you have been found out in this way in the past, I am not surprised your Tory bias has come back out.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:43 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Disoriented wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Really? Name one?
I’d start with those regions where they lost councillors. Beggars belief that this was possible given the utter shambles that are the Tories. Then I would look at those councils where Tories lost out but people preferred anybody else but Labour. Not difficult really. Want names? Go look up the results, enough of them.
Lazy Prez. The onus is on those who fabricate facts to put up or shut up. As you have been found out in this way in the past, I am not surprised your Tory bias has come back out.
Tory bias. You not been looking at my Boris comments. BoJo being PM scares me as much as JerCo does.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Celtient wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:51 pm On the plus side, I have already bagged tickets for Theresa May's " Ethnic Dance Extravaganza" coming to a theatre near you!
Looking forward to the compromise Tango.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:29 pm
Celtient wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:51 pm On the plus side, I have already bagged tickets for Theresa May's " Ethnic Dance Extravaganza" coming to a theatre near you!
Looking forward to the compromise Tango.
Slow slow quit quit go
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:56 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:05 pm No it wasnt bendy busses it was his new route masters that stood us in a milllion quid a bus

Wastage of money
Not a million, no.

£354,000 per bus for an initial bulk consignment in 2012 of 600, and approximately £325,000 for an additional 200 in 2014.

That meant each bus was around 50k more then the previous standard bus for the first batch, around 30k for the second.

Saddiq Khan, who cancelled further purchases of the new routemaster above is introducing a new electric bus that comes in around 500k per bus for the 20 ordered.

I loved Ken back in the 80's when he slashed the fares to make going to work affordable for working class people.

Then the Tory controlled Bromley Council took the GLC to Court and raised the fares.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Obviously the over indulgent and filthy rich and well-to-do of Henly on Thames must think Boris is ok as they voted for him to be their MP.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Of course the Hoy poloy in Henley voted for him
There very much the same as him
Arrogant publicly educated & real life limited
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

I'm sure the people of Henley would love to vote for Boris Johnson, however i wouldn't think many of them would feel sp strongly about it that they'd move to his constituency of Uxbridge and South Ruislip to do so.