Team for Newport

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Team for Newport

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Vigaro

Judd
Coulson
Marvin
Happe

JMD
Cisse
Marsh (or ideally Hector but I know Ross ain't brave enough to do that)
Brophy

Angol
Wilkinson

Get back to 4-4-2 and stop this desperate, never ending tampering with the formation.

Sarge's wobbles first half last night should be enough to warrant the change and get the new guy in. Judd should never have been dropped so is back in, allowing Marsh to go in alongside Cisse. I'd rather have Hector, I like the way he always shows for the ball and collects from the back 4 but can't see that happening. Brophy back to the wing, so he doesn't have to run 40 yards when collecting the ball to get into an advanced position. JMD looked a bit shaky when he first came on last night but eventually got up to speed and showed he shouldn't have been left out.
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Re: Team for Newport

Post by eppingo »

would like to see ross be able to pick his own side
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Same as last nights first half.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Start with the side that finished last night plus Cissè to replace the suspended Dayton. And tell them to play at the high tempo they played for the last 30 mins last night
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Post by Orient till I die M »

Marsh was best player on pitch for us last night why would you play Judd right back who is below average. But also you want a young hector who’s played about 3 games and passed sideways a few time’s to replace him if he does revert back to cm.

You also want to bring Lee Angol back who has scored 4 goals all season which is half of the goals our cdm has scored.

You should become a manager you would be much better than Ross 😂😂
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

RedO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:40 am Vigaro

Judd
Coulson
Marvin
Happe

JMD
Cisse
Brophy

Angol
Wilkinson

Get back to 4-4-2 and stop this desperate, never ending tampering with the formation.

Sarge's wobbles first half last night should be enough to warrant the change and get the new guy in. Judd should never have been dropped so is back in, allowing Marsh to go in alongside Cisse. I'd rather have Hector, I like the way he always shows for the ball and collects from the back 4 but can't see that happening. Brophy back to the wing, so he doesn't have to run 40 yards when collecting the ball to get into an advanced position. JMD looked a bit shaky when he first came on last night but eventually got up to speed and showed he shouldn't have been left out.
Totally agree with you. Get back to 442 . Unfortunately he won’t because he scared to. Negative tactics won’t provide much needed win
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

moonwalk19 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Judd
Coulson
Marvin
Happe

JMD
Cisse
Brophy

Angol
Wilkinson

Totally agree with you. Get back to 442 . Unfortunately he won’t because he scared to. Negative tactics won’t provide much needed win
You agree with dropping George marsh and bringing back angol over ruel who has nearly as many goals as him in 5% of the games angol has played.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

I reckon at least some of the improvement second half was derived from Northampton sitting back..... any formation apart from a defensive one may have worked.

We have to go for this game really. I'd hope to get a win on the board before playing Stevenage, otherwise that will be a really tense affair. Restoring a 8 or 9 point cushion over them would certainly mean losing that is not a disaster.

Sargeant is clearly out of the side now to my mind (in the same way that Judd got dropped after nearly being sent off in the previous match).

There is just no way Wright will be dropped. 8 goals this season makes him sound like a really important player for us, but to my mind if the game gets scrappy he becomes unable to impose himself on it, and there have been loads of scrappy games recently.

Hoping another full-back signs before the game, it would help a lot with the formation. It's poor that for so many games we're playing square pegs in round holes. I get that there are injuries, but that is what the transfer window is for.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Orient till I die wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:48 am Marsh was best player on pitch for us last night why would you play Judd right back who is below average. But also you want a young hector who’s played about 3 games and passed sideways a few time’s to replace him if he does revert back to cm.

You also want to bring Lee Angol back who has scored 4 goals all season which is half of the goals our cdm has scored.

You should become a manager you would be much better than Ross 😂😂
Barely noticed young George, to be honest. I know it's not his fault as it's not his natural position but he's definitely not a wing back. Not once did he push on, try to go past someone with or without the ball. Judd does give you that.

I would absolutely give Hector the chance. I can understand Ross being scared of giving kids the chance given how perilous his position is but I don't think he will let him down.

And yes, obviously Angol as target man with Wilko feeding off him is our best striking partnership.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

eagwgw wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:18 pm I reckon at least some of the improvement second half was derived from Northampton sitting back..... a
Of course, same as every week.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Orient till I die wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:48 am
Hold up, have you just referred to Wright as a CDM?
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

RedO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Yea mate I did what’s the problem ? He has sat in front of the back 4 most of the season. Which makes him a cdm, centre defensive midfielder it stands for just incase you didn’t know.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I said on here the other day we would take 3/6 over these two games and I’m hoping that the second half performance can be translated to a full game and have a right go at the other side from the start.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

moonwalk19 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Judd
Coulson
Marvin
Happe

JMD
Cisse
Brophy

Angol
Wilkinson

Well if that's the case he's going to need to grow a pair and be more attacking if he wants to keep his job . Go 4-4-2 and stop worrying about other teams . Let them worry about us for a change . We've got to start winning . I'm an Orient fan and used to us losing but we simply can't lose all the time with the occasional draw thrown in and hope to survive in this league .
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Orient till I die wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Yea mate I did what’s the problem ? He has sat in front of the back 4 most of the season. Which makes him a cdm, centre defensive midfielder it stands for just incase you didn’t know.
Other than the fact he hasn’t sat in front of the back 4 all season, I totally agree with you 😀
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

UpminsterO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:42 pm When a team is not scoring goals
8 is a very large number
Yes I know some are penalties - however a good proportion last year scored were from pen
And that inflated the top scorers goal tally last year

It takes a person to have a lot of courage to bury a pen particular in a important game very late
And he was humble enough to admit he was stressed taking it -remember he missed the last one too

I have never seen him play but from the outside he doing quite well

Also I read about his sideways passing well we had the man united and England player doing that for a long time - ray Wilkins he too got criticised - but different managers kept picking him
Very humble in that interview, where he bigged himself up about how stressful it is and even the likes of Vardy miss them but not Josh.
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

RedO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 pm
Orient till I die wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Other than the fact he hasn’t sat in front of the back 4 all season, I totally agree with you 😀
Haha ok pal. If you zoom in on the stream you watch then your see he has played there a number of time’s. But the stream can freeze so I understand it’s brexit and not everyone can get to the games.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Wright is not a CDM (God, I hate using this nonsense jargon). He is an offensive midfielder. His job is to link up with the striker(s).

This is getting embarrassing now.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Code: Select all

Vigouroux
     Ekpiteta   Coulson    Happe
Judd        Cisse      Wright      Brophy
                  JMD
         Wilkinson   Angol
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

RedO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm Wright is not a CDM (God, I hate using this nonsense jargon). He is an offensive midfielder. His job is to link up with the striker(s).

Josh prefers to play more attacking but has spent most of his playing time sitting in front of the back 4. Yes this is getting embarrassing for you now your correct.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Vigouroux
                  JMD
         Wilkinson   Angol
That formation looks good and is worth a go
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Vigouroux
                  JMD
         Wilkinson   Angol
Not keen on playing Wright as a CDM, to be honest.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Sarge - don’t drop the kid for a few bad kicks, it would damage his confidence massively.

Play full backs as full backs and play our two best cbs
Sweeney
Marv
Happe
Judd

Wingers as wingers. Jmd is our most skilful player, don’t drop him, it’s not hard. One defensive mid and one who can get forward or pick a pass.
Brophy
Cisse
Wright
JMD

We have a young striker who’s about the only player who’s scored for us (not pens) in last 10 games.
Sotiriou
Angol
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 pm Sarge - don’t drop the kid for a few bad kicks, it would damage his confidence massively.

Play full backs as full backs and play our two best cbs
Sweeney
Marv
Happe
Judd

Wingers as wingers. Jmd is our most skilful player, don’t drop him, it’s not hard. One defensive mid and one who can get forward or pick a pass.
Brophy
Cisse
Wright
JMD

We have a young striker who’s about the only player who’s scored for us (not pens) in last 10 games.
Sotiriou
Angol
As above with Wilko for Angol.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

RedO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm Wright is not a CDM (God, I hate using this nonsense jargon). He is an offensive midfielder. His job is to link up with the striker(s).

I have spoken to Wright and he was very pleasant. Not offensive at all