RE Interview Post Northampton Town Match

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

RE Interview Post Northampton Town Match

Post by Lovejoy »

A longer than normal interview.

Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: RE Interview Post Northampton Town Match

Post by Lovejoy »

Josh Wright interview also.

Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

O'h dear, he (Embleton) looks so uncomfortable and unsure of himself. I just do not have any faith in him as our manager. Sorry Ross, don't want you out of a job, but better you revert to your old coaching role.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Just watched the interview and yes, his honesty is refreshing but he is not a manager (yet). You never got a sense throughout the game that he had any influence other than making substitutions.

I watched the game on the stream and there was a hold up mid way through the first half and Dave V and his oppo noticed that the Cobblers players were immediately called over by Curle. We then saw Ross amble over to our boys, said a couple of things and play resumed. So...the team that was in the ascendancy were given more tactical advice and ours players, under the cosh, got nothing. Sums up his style of management which worries me.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:18 am O'h dear, he (Embleton) looks so uncomfortable and unsure of himself. I just do not have any faith in him as our manager. Sorry Ross, don't want you out of a job, but better you revert to your old coaching role.
What a load of rubbish. If you want uncomfortable, watch a few Carl Fletcher interviews.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:36 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:18 am O'h dear, he (Embleton) looks so uncomfortable and unsure of himself. I just do not have any faith in him as our manager. Sorry Ross, don't want you out of a job, but better you revert to your old coaching role.
What a load of rubbish. If you want uncomfortable, watch a few Carl Fletcher interviews.
Being a better interviewee than Fletcher is hardly the most ringing of endorsements.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Thanks RedO, you've more or less said it for me.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

“Something to the sublime” :)

Well, Ross, if you will set us up at the start with those 3 CMs + Brophy only when we’ve got the ball (reverting to a back 5 when we haven’t) you can expect us to look nervy, unsure, paceless, unbalanced and with limited options. At least Cisse looks like he could be ok when he gets up to speed. Harrold was easily marshalled so the long ball wasn’t working either.

We were much better 2nd half, especially after the 3rd sub came on, but Noton will be disappointed not to have punished us on the break when we go chasing games gung-ho like that.

But let’s see if the players can take some confidence from the end of the game and lose the nerves. And if Embleton can start picking balanced sides from the start with players in their best positions that can work as a unit more proactively & effectively than recent weeks :off
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Nothing to indicate he is uncomfortable. He talks calmly and at length everytime. Call yourselves supporters? Stop trying to dig him out over every little thing.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

slacker wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 am “Something to the sublime” :)

Well, Ross, if you will set us up at the start with those 3 CMs + Brophy only when we’ve got the ball (reverting to a back 5 when we haven’t) you can expect us to look nervy, unsure, paceless, unbalanced and with limited options. At least Cisse looks like he could be ok when he gets up to speed. Harrold was easily marshalled so the long ball wasn’t working either.

We were much better 2nd half, especially after the 3rd sub came on, but Noton will be disappointed not to have punished us on the break when we go chasing games gung-ho like that.

But let’s see if the players can take some confidence from the end of the game and lose the nerves. And if Embleton can start picking balanced sides from the start with players in their best positions that can work as a unit more proactively & effectively than recent weeks :off
I too was disappointed that he didnt seem to acknowledge that his silly 532 formation 1st half was our downfall.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

His current contract does not allow him to return to his previous role as no 2.
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Post by Orient till I die M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 am Nothing to indicate he is uncomfortable. He talks calmly and at length everytime. Call yourselves supporters? Stop trying to dig him out over every little thing.
This is half the problem of the club at the moment, uneducated idiots with no job sitting on the message board judging everyone else.

I witnessed a fan swearing and shouting in the FAMILY stand last night towards Josh Wright. Yet will cheer and clap when he scored the equaliser.

If your going to moan about a league 2 club every week then go get a job so you can afford to go to West Ham.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Some have dug Ross out on this thread and eslsewhere. Whilst I was not there the reaction conveys a mess in the first half relating to personnel, where they were being asked to play, the shape and tactics all of which seem to have been bad and not fit for purpose.

However, credit must be given as it would appear again from the comments I’ve read, he addressed it, changed the players, the shape, formation and tactics and we salvaged a draw which did not seem possible reading through the match day thread. I did not know the result either at that point. So credit where credit is due.

I’m sure someone will say well he should have done that from the start and maybe you might have been proved right with that call. However, he dealt those cards and rearranged them when it was clear it was not working. That is a positive from a negative.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Yeah, as a one-off, maybe.

But look at this:
https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime.as ... e=england4

21st in the first-half table, with the worst goals conceded record. We could drop to 23rd if Carlisle and Grimsby just draw their games in hand. In almost 50% of our games (13 from 28) we are losing at half-time.

Yet, we are 11th in the second-half table.

This phenomenon of being crap in the first half and being better in the second is nothing new.

Personally I think the club should bring out others to take the pressure off Ross. Seem to remember Webb and Jobi doing post-match interviews when Justin was boss.... have either given one this season? Can't remember the last time I heard from them.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Interesting link. We are the worst home team in the division at half time (W1-D6-L7). The fact we then can't score enough goals to overcome the defecits leads to the level of fan discontent that we presently have.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

eagwgw wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:04 pm
Personally I think the club should bring out others to take the pressure off Ross. Seem to remember Webb and Jobi doing post-match interviews when Justin was boss.... have either given one this season? Can't remember the last time I heard from them.
Think we could do that in better times. With things as they are every little thing is being overanalysed by those looking for any stick they can use to beat the club with. So if McAnuff did the post game you'd get fans criticising Embleton for sending someone else out to face the music. Or people inventing farcical rumours like Embleton has given up doing interviews because we didn't like the ones he did do. Or paranoid geriatrics claiming it's propaganda because the person doing the interview says everyone is behind the management team. Not the right time IMO.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

As with fletcher I couldn’t care a less about his interview technique, the only thing that concerns me is what happens out on the pitch , and results. Judged that way he thus far fails miserably.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I thought Josh came across well in that interview.
Tenerife
Fresh Alias

Post by Tenerife »

The player is the more articulate.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Redcard wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:43 pm As with fletcher I couldn’t care a less about his interview technique, the only thing that concerns me is what happens out on the pitch , and results. Judged that way he thus far fails miserably.
It's confirmation of his inexperience. And inexperience is not what we need right now.
An experienced manager, I'm convinced, will get a lot more out of this team.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

He loves to talk does our Ross..
southendo
Fresh Alias

Post by southendo »

I dont come on here much to post, only read. However, after 50 years of watching the O's it seems to me we are to complacent, we are in a position where everyone seems untouchable. Where is the menace, the desire, the need to do well. Not getting into a slanging much, just voicing my opinion, until it becomes obvious that everyone is expendable we are going no where.
I just recently lost my dad, but you know life goes on, we have grieved for Justin, but we must now get on with the business of trying to turn things around, if that means change of personnel, at every level, then so be it.
I will never stop supporting the club, but i cant support the current creche mentality.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I know where you're coming from.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 am Nothing to indicate he is uncomfortable. He talks calmly and at length everytime. Call yourselves supporters? Stop trying to dig him out over every little thing.
This. The level of nitpicking over a few words in an interview immediately after a game when people haven’t had much time to reflect on things is bizarre.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Tell Fletcher that.