It’s Embleton

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: It’s Embleton

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:22 pm Simply put, appointing a caretaker manager who oversees a terrible run of form over the course of months - after the previous incumbent gets fired after 5 matches - this does not happen at a well run club. Travis and Teague deserve all the goodwill they have built up, they seem like they care deeply for the club, but this season they have fairly wrecked the idea that they have a well thought out plan for the future.
Yep, I'm seriously doubting this plan they have.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

It’s difficult to imagine that the initial reaction of the fans to a Head Coach appointment could have as bad as the one that greeted Carl Fletcher but sadly the Board seemed to have managed it!😳
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

It's usual that when a club appoints a caretaker manager, if he does well, they may appoint him on a permanent basis, as Ole was at Man United, but I've never heard of a caretaker manager getting the job permanent when he's lost nearly every game!!!
The board, (or Ling ), simply are clueless.
I too wish they would sell up and f*** off, as they are screwing up my club big time
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:42 pm It's usual that when a club appoints a caretaker manager, if he does well, they may appoint him on a permanent basis, as Ole was at Man United, but I've never heard of a caretaker manager getting the job permanent when he's lost nearly every game!!!
I too wish they would sell up and f*** off, as they are screwing up my club big time
Agree. We have simply substituted evil incompetents with amiable ones.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

Can't bring myself to look at the Ling and Ross interviews but I assume they are 'buzzing'
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:42 pm It's usual that when a club appoints a caretaker manager, if he does well, they may appoint him on a permanent basis, as Ole was at Man United, but I've never heard of a caretaker manager getting the job permanent when he's lost nearly every game!!!
Ah here he is😂😂
Oforever
Fresh Alias

Post by Oforever »

Sad day. I had hoped that common sense would prevail but it hasn't. Travis and Teague saved this club and I will be forever grateful to them but this is a poor decision. I would love to be proved wrong, but I won't.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Sad day? 😂😂😂

Jeez
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Your Club ?

God that is a Selfish attitude

Obviously you feel you are the most
important O's Fan in existence .

Jog on
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Awarded the job he didn't want and couldn't handle earlier in the season. Awarded for a total incompetent clueless management performance.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

RoryRocks wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:59 pm Awarded the job he didn't want and couldn't handle earlier in the season. Awarded for a total incompetent clueless management performance.
Financial reasons are the only way you explain away such a p*ss poor decision, because it certainly isn't for footballing reasons.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Well good luck Ross. Important transfer window coming up.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Correct decision/appointment.

Up the Os.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:37 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:22 pm Simply put, appointing a caretaker manager who oversees a terrible run of form over the course of months - after the previous incumbent gets fired after 5 matches - this does not happen at a well run club. Travis and Teague deserve all the goodwill they have built up, they seem like they care deeply for the club, but this season they have fairly wrecked the idea that they have a well thought out plan for the future.
Yep, I'm seriously doubting this plan they have.
Right on..
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Was the only decision they were ever going to make, sadly. Whenever a new manager is appointed there is always uncertainty. You can never know how things are going to go. There are times when the fanbase are totally wrong, just look at Russ. There was absolutely nothing pointing to him being the success and entertainer that he was. The problem I have with Ross' appointment (that's Ross not Russ) is that he's not an unknown quantity. We know what he brings to the table and it hasn't delivered. At all. The football's been drab and the results have been poor. The morale isn't great and there's been little sign of progress. I'm only interested in how much fun the players are having during the week if we're playing well so its no consolation to talk about smiles back on faces.

If the board have written off this season safe in the knowledge that we can't possible out-crap Macclesfield then they're forgetting something important which is that fan good will, atmosphere, attendances and our attractiveness as a club to potential new recruits are definitely depreciable commodities. Take the piss until May and they might find that the buzz that greeted their purchase of the club and the euphoria that JE managed to bring us has well and truly evaporated.

I'm extremely mindful that coming into this season everything went to absolute sh*t just as it did in their first season. Some latitude is absolutely warranted but that latitude is wearing painfully thin. Result need to pick up. Auti-pilot isn't going to cut it. Ross is carrying the can now. Everything needs to improve. Everything.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:55 pm
Your Club ?

Jog on
Course its my club, I've been supporting them for 53 years.
Why do you consider it selfish to say Orient is my club?
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Apparently the Board have made it plain that there will be no further “ safety net” afforded to Ross in terms of being able to revert to the role of Assistant Head Coach this time around if things do not pan out as hoped.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:06 pm
Your Club ?

Jog on
Poundshop 60 years it’s his club not yours😂😂
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:06 pm
Your Club ?

Jog on
Because it isnt yours 😁

It may be the club you support love adore etc

But it has never been yours.
Unless you're Barry Nigel Kent or Francesco or Brian .

But i doubt you are any of them its Our club as fans
It doesnt dissapear when we do .
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

Players come and go
Managers come and go
Owners come and go
Clubs move to new stadiums.
Through all this the fans are what stays the same (within reason).
Therefore every fan has the right to say "it's my club" or "it's 1/6000th my club"
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Did Ross sign a new deal before the summer?

Seems to have moved from a National League assistant salary to an 'above average' League Two managers salary.

Might explain why he suddenly became interested in a job he didn't want beforehand.

I doubt it's because Fletcher was bad. You don't see loads of fans trying to suddenly go semi pro after watching Alabi for a few games.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

If we appointed anyone else with a record of P 28 W 6 D 9 L 13 you'd have thought the board have lost the plot.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Adz wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:49 pm If we appointed anyone else with a record of P 28 W 6 D 9 L 13 you'd have thought the board have lost the plot.
Well they said they don't look for win ratio, or indeed proven winners now so they're certainly sticking to their word at going for the polar opposite :|
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Adz wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:49 pm If we appointed anyone else with a record of P 28 W 6 D 9 L 13 you'd have thought the board have lost the plot.
There's no conceivable way that his points to game record or the entertainment value of the football we've played came into it at all. He has been given the job because of a combination of Ling's patronage, the board's distrust of outsiders after the Davis and Fletcher fiascos (rememember JE had an in with Ling as they played together at Southend and Danny Webb's dad was JE's mentor) and imvho a kind of paralysis at board level in terms of our plan going forward. I don't see how anyone can look at Ross and see someone who can lead the club to bigger and better things, holding all the competing interests together, leading the way, being the inspiration and leader, making the big decisions and taking all the setbacks on his chin. Some people make you feel in safe hands and some don't. Ross doesn't.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

eagwgw wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:41 pm Did Ross sign a new deal before the summer?

Seems to have moved from a National League assistant salary to an 'above average' League Two managers salary.

Might explain why he suddenly became interested in a job he didn't want beforehand.

I doubt it's because Fletcher was bad. You don't see loads of fans trying to suddenly go semi pro after watching Alabi for a few games.
Yeah, imagine being attracted by the prospect of earning a lot more money!