It’s Embleton

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: It’s Embleton

Post by Beradogs »

What we need is some more Embletons and Lings at the club! We can register Leyton Orient as a commune/cult.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

I always LOFC was a community club but it seems to have turned into an old boys network.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:18 pm What we need is some more Embletons and Lings at the club! We can register Leyton Orient as a commune/cult.
Will they be allowed to wear sandals ?
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

We should have appointed a new manager straight away after Justin's death
Said it then and got told it was disrespectful, needed someone totally unconnected to come in and start afresh

I'm not pleased with this appointment and find it hard to believe what I thought were sensible owners have done this.
If we go down again I fear that will be over and out, what is the rationale behind this decision?
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:20 pm I always LOFC was a community club but it seems to have turned into an old boys network.
Your getting Leyton Orient confused with this message board
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:21 pm We should have appointed a new manager straight away after Justin's death
Said it then and got told it was disrespectful, needed someone totally unconnected to come in and start afresh

I'm not pleased with this appointment and find it hard to believe what I thought were sensible owners have done this.
If we go down again I fear that will be over and out, what is the rationale behind this decision?
Well it was Disgraceful
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:21 pm We should have appointed a new manager straight away after Justin's death

It wasn't the wrong idea to put Ross in charge in the interim period. What Ling and the board did after he was named is shocking. Clueless.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Yeah stiff upper lip lads your boss and friend has just died don’t worry you have just a few days to get over it cos Huntingdon said a new boss needs to be installed more or less straight away and your not allowed to lose a game even a draw will result in sanctions

Do me a favour Huntingdon

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo off in the nicest of ways
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Lucky7 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Yeah stiff upper lip lads your boss and friend has just died don’t worry you have just a few days to get over it cos Huntingdon said a new boss needs to be installed more or less straight away and your not allowed to lose a game even a draw will result in sanctions

It wouldn't have happened straight away because the club has a process to go through when appointing HCs. But it should have been what the club did. All that interim bs with a man who didn't want the job was ridiculous.

Stop being so abusive.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Look at you, keyboard hero, mouthy little w*nker
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm

It wouldn't have happened straight away because the club has a process to go through when appointing HCs. But it should have been what the club did. All that interim bs with a man who didn't want the job was ridiculous.

Stop being so abusive.
What's that process then?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Stop being so abusive.
Seriously? Ask the owners.
Allways Westside
Fresh Alias

Post by Allways Westside »

One win in the last nine ? well Ross you need to show us some action now you to turn this all around results sugguest the team is not good enough,need a couple to be brought in also play a couple of the young players,you need to up the tempo at home from the off ,putting pressure on teams when two down keeps on happening,my other worry is there any money to bring any players in .
yumyumO
Fresh Alias

Post by yumyumO »

As it is now all done and dusted, it is perhaps time to get fully behind Ross and see how it goes. Provided he is able to strengthen the side in the correct areas with players of proven and better than we have ability, Provided that they, and the remainers are able to play to their highest levels, and give the manager their full support. And with a fair crack of the luck whip we should see a marked improvement on the dross served up so far.
Let's see
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:36 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Stop being so abusive.
Seriously? Ask the owners.
That's my point, they either don't know or it changes
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

yumyumO wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:44 pm As it is now all done and dusted, it is perhaps time to get fully behind Ross and see how it goes. Provided he is able to strengthen the side in the correct areas with players of proven and better than we have ability, Provided that they, and the remainers are able to play to their highest levels, and give the manager their full support. And with a fair crack of the luck whip we should see a marked improvement on the dross served up so far.
Let's see
He’s just extended marsh’s loan deal. That tells you all you need to know about our plans on strengthening our weakest area.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Lucky7 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:12 pm
Tent Keague wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:10 pm Ross is basically on a hiding to nothing. He'll always be Ling's puppet whether it's true or not. Even after a win the knives will be out after the first defeat. Absolutely zero grace period.

Come the Stevenage game if we ain't managed a couple of points the board may have some big questions to ask.

And I actually dread to think what happens next. I have no real idea where we go from here.
How about the novel idea of actually getting behind RE now he is the official Manager of Leyton Orient I mean that is the team the usual bleaters on here follow isn’t it?
Quite a predictable post coming from you. People are reacting and expressing their opinions on a major event that's s just happened at their football club. What's your problem with that. Or is it just that you want to say something different..
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Tent Keague wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:14 pm I'm all for Ross to do well and back him but this just isn't what the club needed right now.

Someone with a bit of something about them. A bit of standing in the game. Someone to pull us out of the lull we're in.

I'm totally shocked that the board have made this decision. They're extremely sensible people. So why would you do it?
This is exactly how I feel. Grimsby on a Saturday with the Wiley Holloway and a revitalised fan base where as we have the likeable but inept Embleton and a board of directors who are going to lose the fan base pdq if they haven't already.

I'm amazed at the decision but I Will get behind the club as always hoping for the best. If it doesn't work out though Ling should fall on his sword.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The fact the club had to announce Embleton's appointment after a weekend with no game being the most positive result he was capable of bringing just about sums it all up.

Just got to keep hoping Macclesfield go bust before our own team implodes on the pitch.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

If they were desperate to do this, why not do it till the end of the season, then gives six months+ to find a potential long term sucessor they really want
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

essexfootball wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:18 pm If they were desperate to do this, why not do it till the end of the season, then gives six months+ to find a potential long term sucessor they really want
Far too obvious and sensible for this club of ours it would appear. Yet we're told they're at the cutting edge of international business. Therefore I can only summise that there's no money left. which is the bigger worry for me. Nothing else could explain the ineptitude of this decision. Basically there wasn't ever any alternative to Embleton .
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:52 pm
yumyumO wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:44 pm As it is now all done and dusted, it is perhaps time to get fully behind Ross and see how it goes. Provided he is able to strengthen the side in the correct areas with players of proven and better than we have ability, Provided that they, and the remainers are able to play to their highest levels, and give the manager their full support. And with a fair crack of the luck whip we should see a marked improvement on the dross served up so far.
Let's see
He’s just extended marsh’s loan deal. That tells you all you need to know about our plans on strengthening our weakest area.
Correct and as stated by many now, shows the clueless nature of those in charge.
Luckybay1969
Fresh Alias

Post by Luckybay1969 »

I hardly ever post, but I hate to agree with the majority but all I can see is a closed shop and a job for the boys ! We tried Fletcher did not like what he said - got rid and we are showing a real lack of ambition and blind faith in the current structure that has proven to not be good enough - as the results have shown I am afraid - I think Ross is a great guy and has been class in dealing with what has happened in the summer and it is not his fault but we are crying out for an experienced nbr 1 - but are going for the easy option and relying on the fact that we will not be bottom come May. Players have it easy as well and are not being pushed we are just sleep walking through the season hoping by Magic things will suddenly improve ! Still not addressed a ball winner in midfield and we don’t score enough goals.. all very well trying to entice new fans and improving the commercial side, but no one wants to see us lose every week - I know we don’t expect much other than disappointment supporting the O’s but our home performances have been woeful.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Simply put, appointing a caretaker manager who oversees a terrible run of form over the course of months - after the previous incumbent gets fired after 5 matches - this does not happen at a well run club. Travis and Teague deserve all the goodwill they have built up, they seem like they care deeply for the club, but this season they have fairly wrecked the idea that they have a well thought out plan for the future.
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

This is an absolutely inexplicable decision based on footballing grounds. Inexperienced manager, never wanted the job, already turned it down once and a very poor record when he has been in charge. I honestly can't imagine any other club giving him a job in these circumstances. I really hope that it doesn't end in tears but I've got a terrible feeling that it might well do just that.