It’s Embleton

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: It’s Embleton

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

faith1234 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 pm What a f*cking joke back to the confence we go maybe not this season but i can see it next season.We might be safe this season all we need is a few wins but dont know where that is coming from
This is your best post,ever. :8
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

It's on the site now. https://www.leytonorient.com/2020/01/07 ... ead-coach/

You can still bet at Paddy Power, at 1.14 odds.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Ling has to go the recruitment progres is where the problems lie. Football is about money, no one thinks about the fans who keep the club going
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

faith1234 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 pm Ling has to go the recruitment progres is where the problems lie. Football is about money, no one thinks about the fans who keep the club going
I wonder if money is our problem.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:26 pm
faith1234 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 pm Ling has to go the recruitment progres is where the problems lie. Football is about money, no one thinks about the fans who keep the club going
I wonder if money is our problem.
Well there had better be money for Ross to bring in two or three bloody good new signings or we could find ourselves in a relegation battle come April, May time
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

What a f*cking joke , so much for learning from previous mistakes .
I would urge all supporters to boycott home games as a show of disgust and contempt of this decision.
I cannot believe that the owners have been so stupid, everyone knows we needed an experienced, proven Manager at this level to add to JE legacy. In my honest opinion I think this is a disgraceful way for the club to treat JE legacy and all he achieved.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Ling is our problem, and also why dont orient stop telling managers to apply because we will get 100 people apply for the job and dont go with any of them i bet the new orient manager will be the office cleaner not a proven manager but like to get right in there with the dirty stuff 😆
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

"The 38-year-old, who began his coaching career at the O’s Centre of Excellence, has won seven and drawn eight of his 26 matches in charge as Interim Head Coach this season"

29 points from 26 games, form that in previous seasons would have guaranteed us:

2018/19 - 20th
2017/18 - 18th
2016/17 - 19th
2015/16 - 17th
2014/15 - 19th

Nuff said.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

cockhat wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:47 pm Woe woe and thrice woe or no, no and thrice no!
Be lucky not to be back in the National League next season!
Doubt we will get any reinforcements for midfield, as I’m sure Ling-sorry-Embleton thinks they are fantastic!
This is another worrying factor that they still think our midfield is good enough
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Did LOFC really just send me an email that ended with a link saying "click here for more reaction to Ross' appointment"?

No thanks.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

TBH Ross is in a tough spot, I don't think he is gonna get the same forbearance a new manager would.

Getting a result against Grimsby is a must.... the games that follow are not easy:

Port Vale have only lost once at home.
Northampton are similar points to Colchester, not gonna be easy.
Newport could be a win but might feel confident following last months game
Crewe, enough said.

Next game after that is Stevenage away.... if we haven't won before then the gap might be only a few points and that becomes a really important game. If we don't win that, it's 1 win in 20 and I can't see how Ross can carry on.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

FFS - club run by amiable idiots.

Unbelievable Jeff.
Luna Tic
Fresh Alias

Post by Luna Tic »

Another really poor appointment . If he wasn’t the man 5 weeks ago then he isn’t now I’m afraid .

What does this actually mean ?

the board, alongside Martin Ling, have been very deliberate in the search for the Club’s new Head Coach and we are pleased to appoint Ross Embleton to that role.

Can’t see this taking us forward , we will just survive ....hopefully . Such a non creative decision and maybe not even safe choice . We’re we petrified to find someone new who had new impetus to rejuvenate the club or would that tread on too many toes?

Really important appointment but I think they have got it very wrong if they think we will progress very far.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Best I can says it’s underwhelming.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Can't see why people are surprised.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

I notice how Arteta says his number one job is to coonect the team with fans. Big task for Embleton now.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:31 pm What a f*cking joke , so much for learning from previous mistakes .
I would urge all supporters to boycott home games as a show of disgust and contempt of this decision.
I cannot believe that the owners have been so stupid, everyone knows we needed an experienced, proven Manager at this level to add to JE legacy. In my honest opinion I think this is a disgraceful way for the club to treat JE legacy and all he achieved.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

That was so nearly very funny

Keep trying
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

eagwgw wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:46 pm TBH Ross is in a tough spot, I don't think he is gonna get the same forbearance a new manager would.
Tbf he can’t get much less forbearance than Fletcher got can he?
The key - as always- is results. A home win on Saturday and a point away at Crewe will at least buy Ross some breathing space and has NT has said if the the existing squad is to be “ reinforced” in the transfer window then things may yet turn out ok. Not banking on it though!
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I have to say that I am now very disappointed with our owners. I can't believe they have taken this route. I thought they had a little bit more going for them about football, especially NT.
I can only conclude that Ling has had a big influence on this non ambitious decision, solely to preserve his own position.
The owners shouldn't be in the least bit surprised if gates now fall away.
I am absolutely gutted with this decision from the club. I just can't believe it..
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Ross is basically on a hiding to nothing. He'll always be Ling's puppet whether it's true or not. Even after a win the knives will be out after the first defeat. Absolutely zero grace period.

Come the Stevenage game if we ain't managed a couple of points the board may have some big questions to ask.

And I actually dread to think what happens next. I have no real idea where we go from here.
CockneyFlower
Fresh Alias

Post by CockneyFlower »

Love to get away from "this can only happen at Orient...." but.................
Negative tactics, continued dire results how on earth are you appointed full-time manager on back it is way beyond my understanding.....

Seen caretakers/interim managers not stepping up after a run of decent results,
We can't win a game for toffee, don't even look like winning a game but we appoint the interim manager.....Madness, utter, utter madness if not complete incompetence.....

Hope history proves us wrong but combined with;
DOF - only able to sign players from clubs strting with S & ending in N, player that call our DOF, due to we cannot call them ourselves....
"That's the way the game works, they call you, you don't call them" - err no, it's 2020...try Whats App'ing them or whatever, Tick Tocking them...

Nobody surprised but masses disillusioned......
Sincerely hope Ross proves us all wrong & turns out to a Pep in hiding.....
Good luck to him....... Please prove us wrong, I can't take much more,,,,,,
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Can't say I'm too pleased, either, as LOFC seems to being used as some sort of vehicle for polishing RE's career in the game, rather than considering the requirements and needs of LOFC.

Might as well get behind the geezer now though, and see how things pan out. I have little doubt as to the bloke's commitment and his intentions are certainly genuine.

Whether that will be enough, remains to be seen.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Tent Keague wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:10 pm Ross is basically on a hiding to nothing. He'll always be Ling's puppet whether it's true or not. Even after a win the knives will be out after the first defeat. Absolutely zero grace period.

Come the Stevenage game if we ain't managed a couple of points the board may have some big questions to ask.

And I actually dread to think what happens next. I have no real idea where we go from here.
How about the novel idea of actually getting behind RE now he is the official Manager of Leyton Orient I mean that is the team the usual bleaters on here follow isn’t it?
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

I'm all for Ross to do well and back him but this just isn't what the club needed right now.

Someone with a bit of something about them. A bit of standing in the game. Someone to pull us out of the lull we're in.

I'm totally shocked that the board have made this decision. They're extremely sensible people. So why would you do it?