Is Macklin the new DOF

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

eppingo
Fresh Alias

Is Macklin the new DOF

Post by eppingo »

seems to be the front man at the moment facing the fans as ling looks like he is doing a jacob rees mogg (keeping a low profile)
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Is Macklin the new DOF

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:52 am seems to be the front man at the moment facing the fans as ling looks like he is doing a jacob rees mogg (keeping a low profile)
What, because he was on the Orient hour when he does radio shows/podcasts every now and again?
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Post by eppingo »

orient half hour you mean
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What is Lingy doing?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 am orient half hour you mean
Ok, so he was on the Orient hour (or half hour, whatever) last Thursday but we haven't had a game since. So not surprising that we haven't heard from anyone else at the club. This thread was really just a way of having a cheap dig.

That said I do think Ling should do more of these types of shows. Think only one or two during his tenure when we hear from others more often.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

After his performance at the Q&A it might be a good thing he isn't on these shows.

Several poor decisions this season have been made such as Fletcher and the contract extensions. I can only see him getting aggy if a difficult question was put to him. Why was it that Judd had to wait until February and 20 good performances to get a new deal last year, but Sam Ling got one at the start of September? Also unclear why the likes of Coulson, Brophy, Brill got extensions so early on in the season when we were in no danger of losing their services.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

eagwgw wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:00 am After his performance at the Q&A it might be a good thing he isn't on these shows.

Several poor decisions this season have been made such as Fletcher and the contract extensions. I can only see him getting aggy if a difficult question was put to him. Why was it that Judd had to wait until February and 20 good performances to get a new deal last year, but Sam Ling got one at the start of September? Also unclear why the likes of Coulson, Brophy, Brill got extensions so early on in the season when we were in no danger of losing their services.
All very strange decisions.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

eagwgw wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:00 am After his performance at the Q&A it might be a good thing he isn't on these shows.

It makes sense to put others out if their skillsets are better suited but still only being on once or twice in two and a half years is pretty poor.

As for the questions...we don't hear tough questions with follow up probing if the response is vague with the other guests so doubt that would happen with Ling. The nezt fans forum could be interesting though.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Correct SF the podcast guys and the orient hour both give their guests easy rides. No tough questions get asked and no answer challenged or probed.

I understand the predicament with access being withdrawn, but surely the club is not so sensitive that a few probing questions or challenges couldn't be made?

I enjoy both shows so it's not a dig more or an observation. As a listener I want to hear the difficult questions get asked.

As for the fans forum, what a shower that is. If your a friend of the orient hour seems like you're in. Mins turn up months later, it's all seems contrived to me. Now I couldn't give two hoots what they do or say as I can't invest my time or energy in that formality so I'm out!
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:38 pm Correct SF the podcast guys and the orient hour both give their guests easy rides. No tough questions get asked and no answer challenged or probed.

I understand the predicament with access being withdrawn, but surely the club is not so sensitive that a few probing questions or challenges couldn't be made?

I enjoy both shows so it's not a dig more or an observation. As a listener I want to hear the difficult questions get asked.

As for the fans forum, what a shower that is. If your a friend of the orient hour seems like you're in. Mins turn up months later, it's all seems contrived to me. Now I couldn't give two hoots what they do or say as I can't invest my time or energy in that formality so I'm out!
Oops, meant "meet the manager/management team" rather than the fans forum. Can imagine some angry people posing the difficult questions and not giving their responses an easy ride.
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

The club is sensitive though, isn't it?

An off-the-cuff comment by someone unconnected to the club made them angry enough to phone up and voice their views and a humiliating subsequent come-down later.... wonder what happened to Sam Ling's 'telepathic' link-up play? Almost a gross as exaggeration as the one Dickenson said.

Somehow I can't imagine them having the same reaction if next weeks guest said Alabi couldn't score in a brothel....

Strictly speaking I think playing matters are not really the agenda for the supporters forum thing, I'd expect them to make that clear before starting to avoid the thing getting derailed.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

^ yep, I'd already corrected myself about fans forum (when I meant "Meet the 'management' ") before your post.

Wasnt the apology thing instigated by Andy Gilson though rather than the club?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The club pressured him into apologising though. It was apparent that Dicko was not allowed to voice his own opinion which funny enough corresponds to the views held by many fans.

Still the boy is certainly favoured and I wonder why...
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 pm ^ yep, I'd already corrected myself about fans forum (when I meant "Meet the 'management' ") before your post.

Yeah. Gilso went crawling to them cap in hand tugging his forelock whilst grovelling at their feet.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Macklin DOF and Ling Manager , who knows , Paddy Power have Ling in the top 4 to get the gig 🤣🤣
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:42 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 pm ^ yep, I'd already corrected myself about fans forum (when I meant "Meet the 'management' ") before your post.

Yeah. Gilso went crawling to them cap in hand tugging his forelock whilst grovelling at their feet.
Must be a contortionist!😁
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Danny is a massive positive in the club rebuilding itself after the calamity of what went before. The owners certainly got his appointment right.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

redintheface wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:10 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Must be a contortionist!😁
I can think of another word that begins with c that describes him to a tee. But in line with my new year resolution not to Board swear I will say no more.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Clown?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:28 pmClown?
No. I'm referring to a lady's front bottom.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

After the 2 conversations I’ve had with DM one regarding the East Stand roof the other regarding the wonky lettering on the club caps that are still sold at top dollar I also think he’s an old woman’s front bot
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:54 pm
You must be referring to Unlucky Strike “mouth almighty “ who I always think of as lady’s front bottom!😂😂
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

cockhat wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:59 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:54 pm
You must be referring to Unlucky Strike “mouth almighty “ who I always think of as lady’s front bottom!😂😂
Says the Agnes Brown of boarders 😋 🤡
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:19 am
eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 am orient half hour you mean
Ok, so he was on the Orient hour (or half hour, whatever) last Thursday but we haven't had a game since. So not surprising that we haven't heard from anyone else at the club. This thread was really just a way of having a cheap dig.

That said I do think Ling should do more of these types of shows. Think only one or two during his tenure when we hear from others more often.
Hi, we very much are trying to get Martin onto a show in the near future. He hasn't been available thus far this season, but tbf to him it should be noted that Martin has appeared on more Orient Hours than any other member of staff over the past 3 years. So we will continue to leave him with an open invite and hopefully he will find a free Thurs evening in the not too distant future.
As an aside, following the pretty catastrophic computer problems that befell the station last Thursday resulting in the loss of 2 hours broadcasting online and the recordings of programmes, I can inform you that new systems, Inc back up system have been installed. So hopefully such a situation won't be repeated.
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Post by eppingo »

make sure its not the same show as kevin dickensons on