Programmes

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

spen666
Regular
Regular

Programmes

Post by spen666 »

Curious as to how many people buy programmes still and in this day of digital technology why when more accurate and upto date information is available online. EG Teamline ups, up-to-date results, tables etc

Does the forum think printed programmes will still be being produced in 10 years time?
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Programmes

Post by RientO »

I only buy the odd programme on special games like Bromley at home this season commemorating WWI. Otherwise don't bother. May make an exception for FA Trophy final. Or Braintree at home. Once upon a time Orient used to hand them out gratis at the turnstiles. Last one I got prior to Bromley was when Os played Scunthorpe in the cup when I did the corporate hospitality.

I tend to go into BBC Sport to see line ups and so on. I suspect smaller clubs will stop producing programmes, but from what I saw at Arsenal last night there are plenty who do buy them.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

why spend your hard earned cash when you find hundreds on the floor after the game. :lol:
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

greyhound wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:51 pm why spend your hard earned cash when you find hundreds on the floor after the game. :lol:
Wouldn't know about that, always making a dash to the pub when final whistle goes.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Yes, I like to buy one and prefer to read it in full before the match starts, which annoys Mrs NES no end as typical woman she wants to "chat" before the match.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

EliotNes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:55 pm Yes, I like to buy one and prefer to read it in full before the match starts, which annoys Mrs NES no end as typical woman she wants to "chat" before the match.
Again, as I generally just about make kick off time after leaving the pub, not something I would know about :-) When I used to buy programmes I wouldn't open them, wanting to keep them pristine. Not sure when I stopped buying them regularly but must have been sometime in the 1990s. I worked abroad for a while and when I returned didn't feel the necessity.
East Surrey Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by East Surrey Orient »

£3 on top of a pricey day out is more than I can justify. That said the club's half-time entertainment is so wretched I always regret not getting one.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Don’t bother anymore. Quick read then into the bin.
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

I suspect that printed programmes will probably be gone in ten years time as Spen speculates.
However, only a few weeks ago I was told that Orient actually make a profit on programme sales.
Like RientO, "I only buy the odd programme on special games..". Eg. Last home game in L2 v. Colchester, 1st home game in the NL, home and away Trophy semi-final etc.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Don't bother anymore having collected hundreds in the past.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Pro

Post by Give it to Jabo »

I remember the big market for football programmers. Was a shop in Tottenham High Road. It was like Disneyland to me. Who remembers the Football League Review? There was a regular feature: who is the best-looking footballer in each club.
Infradex
Fresh Alias

Post by Infradex »

Don't understand why Barnet put their Programme online and then sold a teamsheet?

Then I find out you can purchase a hard copy of the online edition via m60footballprogrammes.com
East Surrey Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by East Surrey Orient »

Infradex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 pm Don't understand why Barnet put their Programme online and then sold a teamsheet?

Then I find out you can purchase a hard copy of the online edition via m60footballprogrammes.com
Reducing their (printing) costs?
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

East Surrey Orient wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:05 pm
Infradex wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 pm Don't understand why Barnet put their Programme online and then sold a teamsheet?

Reducing their (printing) costs?
Don’t be too critical, it was not that long ago when we had a fold out thing as we could not pay the printers? Wow, such short memories!
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

This subject stirred a thought I have been wondering about for a while. Anyone know what happened to the chap who sold the progs around West Stand for ages, up until about 3 years ago? Always wore blue baggy shorts come rain or shine. Nice man , worked enthusiastically.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

spen666 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:22 pm Curious as to how many people buy programmes still and in this day of digital technology why when more accurate and upto date information is available online. EG Teamline ups, up-to-date results, tables etc

Does the forum think printed programmes will still be being produced in 10 years time?
Hey fella, how is your insistence that crowds would be watching games in September looking?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Oiram wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:24 pm This subject stirred a thought I have been wondering about for a while. Anyone know what happened to the chap who sold the progs around West Stand for ages, up until about 3 years ago? Always wore blue baggy shorts come rain or shine. Nice man , worked enthusiastically.
Yes, was a real fixture down there.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 pm
Oiram wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:24 pm This subject stirred a thought I have been wondering about for a while. Anyone know what happened to the chap who sold the progs around West Stand for ages, up until about 3 years ago? Always wore blue baggy shorts come rain or shine. Nice man , worked enthusiastically.
Yes, was a real fixture down there.
I wonder what happened to him? The guy who sells the programs as his replacement is so enthusiastically vocal (off duty) that I worry about his blood pressure!