Coxy

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

OKPete
Fresh Alias

Coxy

Post by OKPete »

I couldn’t make our game today due to lack of trains so instead I went to watch my local side Dorking Wanderers vs Eastbourne Borough in the NL South with Deano playing for EB. Dorking won 4-0.

Deano’s still got a great touch and is a clean striker of a ball but physically he doesn’t look up to playing above the NL. I think he had Borough’s only two shots on target but honestly, if you didn’t know who he was, I don’t think you’d have marked him out as anything special. But he is playing in a really poor side and looked frustrated at times.

Still, great to see him again and he picked up a trademark yellow card for a petulant foul that made me smile!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coxy

Post by Thor »

One of my favourite Orient players, unfortunately the way he was treated was disgraceful by the club.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:27 pm One of my favourite Orient players, unfortunately the way he was treated was disgraceful by the club.
That for me was the moment people really turned against Beelzebub. Really disgusting way to treat a player messing with their career like that.
Baddo
Fresh Alias

Post by Baddo »

Same for me, I kept patience with 'he who shall not be named' longer than most but the treatment of Coxy was the final straw for me.
Was staggered at the level he dropped to in a very short space of time, he's still only 32 and probably would have kept himself in better shape if he hadn't dropped down the leagues. Real shame, club legend