Over to you Daniel Levy....

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

baldy123
Fresh Alias

Over to you Daniel Levy....

Post by baldy123 »

So yesterday a section of the Tottenham crowd disgracefully shouted out racist abuse (yet again!)
The club made three pleas over the P A system for them to stop.
The game was stopped 3 times.

It is a damn shame that the Chelsea players didn't walk off.

Some will blame society some will say that some football clubs have buried their heads in the sand when it comes to racist abuse.
Their is no finer example than Spurs who have ignored the vile "Y" word being shouted in and outside their old and new stadia for many years

"We use the "Y" word as a badge of honour" say some of their fans.
That is a disgraceful excuse.

Never forget the monsterous Nazi's used to shout it!!

I have written to Tottenham and I was told that they held a survey about it!
A survey? plain commonsense tells you that such an insulting word should NEVER be used anywhere.

Racism has no chance of ever being stopped when some fans of our North London neighbours scream out the "Y" word.

Over to you Daniel Levy.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: Over to you Daniel Levy....

Post by spen666 »

What a load of bollocks.

Tottenham fans are Yids, they are entitled to call themselves Yids.

They are proud to call themselves Yids.

You can't be racist against yourself
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Since Yiddish is the primary language of the state of Israel, I don't see that the shortened version (to Yid, as almost a nickname) is that much reason for hysteria, personally.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

If this sort of incident happened at Orient, you would like to think there'd be a form of self policing, in that the fans would clearly point out the perpetrator to security and get the silly sausage removed. But if he was surrounded by like minded moron mates, perhaps it'd be too intimidating. Guess all sorts of homophobic slurs get looked past all the time as well.

Gary Neville was very good on the subject last night. Time for the country to stop being so self congratulatory on how far it's come on racism, we must be into double figures for the number of racist incidents at games this season?
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

I think Neville has a point, also it drives down further into club level: fans of other clubs are quick to slag off others but IMO every club has its fair share of idiots.

Did we not have a supposed racist incident against Southend this season? The one that Travis made a statement about threatening bans? Sadly I feel if it could happen in London, it could happen at any club.

Robbie Earle was pretty good on that as well, I don't know if we'll ever have a watershed moment but punishments need to be harder. Too often we hear snippets and then it is all brushed under the rug.

I mean, look at this; https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -tottenham

Gotta laugh at the 'education' course stuff, probably a 1-hour tick-box exercise so the club can pretend they have done something.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 am If this sort of incident happened at Orient, you would like to think there'd be a form of self policing, in that the fans would clearly point out the perpetrator to security and get the silly sausage removed. But if he was surrounded by like minded moron mates, perhaps it'd be too intimidating. Guess all sorts of homophobic slurs get looked past all the time as well.

Gary Neville was very good on the subject last night. Time for the country to stop being so self congratulatory on how far it's come on racism, we must be into double figures for the number of racist incidents at games this season?
]/b]

So 10 incidents of racism ( which is 10 too many) out of how many million people attending football matches this season? It's an exceptional tiny % ( less than 1000th of 1 per cent).

Let's keep the reaction in proportion and not far every club and it's fans as racist because of the actions of such a tiny number of idiots.

A car higher percentage of professional footballers get convicted for drink driving each year, but I don't hear Gary Neville sounding off about that despite drink driving being more it's danger to life.

Racism is wrong, but the over reaction is also wrong
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Scuba Diver wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:54 am Since Yiddish is the primary language of the state of Israel...
It’s not. That’s Hebrew.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

spen666 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:17 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 am If this sort of incident happened at Orient, you would like to think there'd be a form of self policing, in that the fans would clearly point out the perpetrator to security and get the silly sausage removed. But if he was surrounded by like minded moron mates, perhaps it'd be too intimidating. Guess all sorts of homophobic slurs get looked past all the time as well.

]/b]

So 10 incidents of racism ( which is 10 too many) out of how many million people attending football matches this season? It's an exceptional tiny % ( less than 1000th of 1 per cent).

Let's keep the reaction in proportion and not far every club and it's fans as racist because of the actions of such a tiny number of idiots.

A car higher percentage of professional footballers get convicted for drink driving each year, but I don't hear Gary Neville sounding off about that despite drink driving being more it's danger to life.

Agree.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

slacker wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:24 am
Scuba Diver wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:54 am Since Yiddish is the primary language of the state of Israel...
It’s not. That’s Hebrew.
Apologies - I stand corrected in that case.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

spen666 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:15 am What a load of bollocks.

The more that they refer to themselves as Yids then so will opposition fans. Cant have it both ways.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

slacker wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:24 am
It’s not. That’s Hebrew.
Just shows you how much he knows, doesn't it.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:41 am

]/b]

Agree.

You're agreeing with a troll ffs.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What are you talking about? The vast, vast majority of the pricks that chant Yid Army, Who Let THe Yids Out etc are not Jewish. It’s not their word to reclaim.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:00 am

What are you talking about? The vast, vast majority of the pricks that chant Yid Army, Who Let THe Yids Out etc are not Jewish. It’s not their word to reclaim.
Have you uncovered a hoard of Anti-Semites as well as racists?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Someone threw a bottle that could have hurt someone. Barely gets a mention. Someone does a monkey chant or whatever and a meltdown. Usual liberal white guilt. Sticks and stones.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 am Someone threw a bottle that could have hurt someone. Barely gets a mention. Someone does a monkey chant or whatever and a meltdown. Usual liberal white guilt. Sticks and stones.
Great take on the days events.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Sky News have totally thrown that presenter under a bus. You can just imagine the producer screaming down his earpiece.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:43 am

Agree.
I couldn't give two monkeys whether he's a troll or an orc. What he said in the above I happen to agree with. .
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Yid is offensive and racist. To say otherwise is a nonsense.

The worst thing is that it then emboldens opposing fans to do even worse, like the Auschwitz chant or the gas noises.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Scuba Diver wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:54 am Since Yiddish is the primary language of the state of Israel, I don't see that the shortened version (to Yid, as almost a nickname) is that much reason for hysteria, personally.
Unless you were Jewish. Then its a goddam insult.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

DuvB wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:26 pm
Scuba Diver wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:54 am Since Yiddish is the primary language of the state of Israel, I don't see that the shortened version (to Yid, as almost a nickname) is that much reason for hysteria, personally.
Unless you were Jewish. Then its a goddam insult.

Can you imagine if someone tried to claim the word P*ki was just a 'nickname' for people from Pakistan?

Ignore, he's trolling. That or he's anti-semitic.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:10 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:43 am
Agree.
I couldn't give two monkeys whether he's a troll or an orc. What he said in the above I happen to agree with. .
What's the appropriate response then? We can let all the non white footballers who are getting racially abused how offended they should be.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Red_Army wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:22 pm Yid is offensive and racist. To say otherwise is a nonsense.

The worst thing is that it then emboldens opposing fans to do even worse, like the Auschwitz chant or the gas noises.
In their defence, this false reclamation of the word has been carried out in response to those chants.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 am Someone threw a bottle that could have hurt someone. Barely gets a mention. Someone does a monkey chant or whatever and a meltdown. Usual liberal white guilt. Sticks and stones.
Did you seriously just try to brush over monkey chanting with the old “sticks and stones” defence?

F*ck me, I know there is a broad spectrum of political opinions on this board but I didn’t realise we had full on racist apologists.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

RedO wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Red_Army wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:22 pm Yid is offensive and racist. To say otherwise is a nonsense.

In their defence, this false reclamation of the word has been carried out in response to those chants.
Really? Or could it be that those chants started because they refer to themselves as Yids?

As its being going on for 40 years or more I don't suppose anyone really knows one way or the other.