Tat men: Do not use

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Tat men: Do not use

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Just a friendly reminder that there will almost certainly be purveyors of Orient related tat in and around Brisbane Road tomorrow. Please do not buy their shoddy wares. If you want a scarf, pop into the club shop and make sure your money is going to the right place.

Is there anything the club can do to clampdown on these arseholes?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Re: Tat men: Do not use

Post by StillSpike »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:54 am Just a friendly reminder that there will almost certainly be purveyors of Orient related tat in and around Brisbane Road tomorrow. Please do not buy their shoddy wares. If you want a scarf, pop into the club shop and make sure your money is going to the right place.

Maybe the shop could offer a special discount if you bring in one of their fingers or an ear?
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Don't think so, not doing anything illegal, providing it's not official merchandise.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

StillSpike wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:59 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:54 am Just a friendly reminder that there will almost certainly be purveyors of Orient related tat in and around Brisbane Road tomorrow. Please do not buy their shoddy wares. If you want a scarf, pop into the club shop and make sure your money is going to the right place.

Maybe the shop could offer a special discount if you bring in one of their fingers or an ear?
:lol:
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

point nine one eight wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:02 am Don't think so, not doing anything illegal, providing it's not official merchandise.
That's a real shame.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

point nine one eight wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:02 am Don't think so, not doing anything illegal, providing it's not official merchandise.
The club could take action if any copyrighted material is used - but cost of litigating this is expensive

Police / Council could possibly take action for un licenced street trading, depending on local bylaws

What would be funny to see is Groups of Orient fans surrounding the traders and preventing anyone else seeing the stuff being sold and following traders wherever they went and repeating this everywhere. Sadly, not a realistic action, as likely to end up with police threatening to arrest Orient fans for harassment
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I've seen police turn a total blind eye to them.

I'd usually make some sarky comment as I walk past but they generally look quite rough so don't say it too loudly.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

I think it is a shame that all the rosette/scarf/badge sellers have disappeared down the years. All they seem to sell at games are half & half scarves. I used to collect enamel badges, but the club''s offering are pretty poor. Nothing like this...

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/w ... -l225.webp
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Dont see the harm in it.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Are you a tatman?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:26 am
The club could take action if any copyrighted material is used - but cost of litigating this is expensive

Police / Council could possibly take action for un licenced street trading, depending on local bylaws

What would be funny to see is Groups of Orient fans surrounding the traders and preventing anyone else seeing the stuff being sold and following traders wherever they went and repeating this everywhere. Sadly, not a realistic action, as likely to end up with police threatening to arrest Orient fans for harassment
Thanks Spen, now I'd like to hear what FatBaz has to say about the legal aspect.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I'm only buying official if the club are doing Orient/Braintree half and half scarves.

Besides I'm not sure we need to worry about Gilso selling tat at the game as he will be too busy sucking up to the owners who saved us and providing world class commentary to tenth rate images.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

Are you not down for the match Max ?
Pandy
Fresh Alias

Post by Pandy »

Fight fire with fire, set some stalls up in the park and on the corners.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:26 am

Talking utter nonsense, as usual.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

I remember back in the late sixties and early 70's rosette and badge sellers at the corners off the high road.
Loved all that along with the programme sellers and hot dog carts as a kid especially for the evening games.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Pandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm Fight fire with fire, set some stalls up in the park and on the corners.
You can't go burning people out just for selling a fully synthetic nylon/draylon mix fibre scarf. That just leads to anarchy.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:54 pm I remember back in the late sixties and early 70's rosette and badge sellers at the corners off the high road.
Loved all that along with the programme sellers and hot dog carts as a kid especially for the evening games.
Handy way of getting a dozen burger buns on a Saturday evening. Sellers used to leave boxes of them lying around.
All my old rosettes and pseudo silk scarves are in storage.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

I was going to say Emotion
But the quivering wrecks i have seen & spoken to in real life & online has changed my mind on that one
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:54 pm I remember back in the late sixties and early 70's rosette and badge sellers at the corners off the high road.
That's taken me right back - clutching dad's hand and walking into Brisbane Road with all that going on - especially the smell of onions from the hot dog carts. I must have had eyes like saucers with the sheer sensory overload.

I remember we had an American boy come with us one day (his dad was a visiting lecturer at the college, I think). My Dad bought him a rosette from one of the vendors, and the lad wouldn't put it on "in case he got beaten up" - wouldn't listen to us explain that didn't happen (much) at the Orient.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

And that little boy grew up to be Kent Rodney Teague the Second! What a story!!
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:27 pm And that little boy grew up to be Kent Rodney Teague the Second! What a story!!
:lol:
Delamod
Fresh Alias

Post by Delamod »

Yes yes Byron, Five Guys (& Lads), GBK etc.but there are times I could really do with one of those old, boiled, tinned (yes kids) burgers.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Delamod wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm Yes yes Byron, Five Guys (& Lads), GBK etc.but there are times I could really do with one of those old, boiled, tinned (yes kids) burgers.
:roll:
Delamod
Fresh Alias

Post by Delamod »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Delamod wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm Yes yes Byron, Five Guys (& Lads), GBK etc.but there are times I could really do with one of those old, boiled, tinned (yes kids) burgers.
:roll:
I'm slightly ashamed of myself to be honest.