Manifesto Launches

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

spen666
Regular
Regular

Manifesto Launches

Post by spen666 »

The important question is when are the Monster Raving Looney Party launching their Manifesto
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Re: Manifesto Launches

Post by Eat The Rich »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 am The important question is when are the Monster Raving Looney Party launching their Manifesto
CCHQ, as always.

Boom, boom.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Eat The Rich wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 am
spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 am The important question is when are the Monster Raving Looney Party launching their Manifesto
CCHQ, as always.

Boom, boom.
Erm ask an adult to read the post to you, before you reply.

The post asked WHEN, CCHQ is not a date
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:29 am
Eat The Rich wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 am
CCHQ, as always.

Boom, boom.
Erm ask an adult to read the post to you, before you reply.

The post asked WHEN, CCHQ is not a date
Creative licence.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Seems like the Conservative and Labour Party seem intent on getting the nation ever more up to its eyes in debt than it is already !
Nothing more than ''Money tree promises'' from both parties.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:45 am Seems like the Conservative and Labour Party seem intent on getting the nation ever more up to its eyes in debt than it is already !
Only if the investment never yields a return. If we invest in infrastructure, we can improve our economic output. Investing in schools means that we will have a more talented population, helping to improve economic output. Helping people at the bottom will mean that they are more likely to spend, increasing economic output and VAT returns to the Treasury, and will help them to earn more, increasing tax yield for the Treasury.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:45 am Seems like the Conservative and Labour Party seem intent on getting the nation ever more up to its eyes in debt than it is already !
Only if the investment never yields a return. If we invest in infrastructure, we can improve our economic output. Investing in schools means that we will have a more talented population, helping to improve economic output. Helping people at the bottom will mean that they are more likely to spend, increasing economic output and VAT returns to the Treasury, and will help them to earn more, increasing tax yield for the Treasury.
It's a worry when you have to explain to capitalists how capitalism actually works.

Its like building council houses. Everyone forgets that tenants pay rent and over the lifespan of the house it is paid for many times over. As well as providing jobs and and income for those who build them.

It seems like the people who invented the double entry system to account for capitalist profits only ever want to look at one side of the balance sheet.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

People just don't want to know. Every time I ask anyone if they want to try double entry, they just give me a strange look and walk away (quickly).
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

This
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Utopian vision where everything is fair free and wonderful.
So how shall Comrade Corbyn try to eliminate the black economy, a great loss of revenue to the UK government, but well loved by many people, be it whatever status, great or small, just pay your cash to avoid paying your tax and VAT etc !
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:45 pm
So how shall Comrade Corbyn try to eliminate the black economy, a great loss of revenue to the UK government, but well loved by many people, be it whatever status, great or small, just pay your cash to avoid paying your tax and VAT etc !
Fortunately it isn't the 1980s anymore and most people don't even carry cash.

It isn't utopian at all, it is a simple explanation of how spending things can bring more money back in return. For example, if I spend some of my money to but a house, which I then rent out, after some time I will end up making a profit on that. I might even borrow some money to make the purchase, knowing that the profits will be beneficial in the ling run. It is called investment.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 pm

It isn't utopian at all, it is a simple explanation of how spending things can bring more money back in return. For example, if I spend some of my money to but a house, which I then rent out, after some time I will end up making a profit on that. I might even borrow some money to make the purchase, knowing that the profits will be beneficial in the ling run. It is called investment.
So many people do not pay for a job cash in hand, really ? If you believe that one, then you really must be living in ''cloud cuckoo land''
And who will the first 100,000 new council houses be handed out to, hard working people who go to work, pay their taxes and have been waiting on the council list for years, single men especially ? No way, it aint going to happen !!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Great example.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:13 pm

So many people do not pay for a job cash in hand, really ? If you believe that one, then you really must be living in ''cloud cuckoo land''
And who will the first 100,000 new council houses be handed out to, hard working people who go to work, pay their taxes and have been waiting on the council list for years, single men especially ? No way, it aint going to happen !!
I mean some people still pay in cash, but its not really a major issue. I am more concerned about multi-nationals using loopholes to avoid paying corporation tax or tax on profits.

Why wouldn't it happen? That's the rules and is how it works currently.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yes red army exactly the point I made yesterday. What are the parties going to do? Labour ain't gonna do anything, the Tories have yet to release their manifesto so we will have to see, but I doubt they will do anything either.

Why do successive governments fail to tackle this issue? Its absolutely bang out of order.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I don't know why the tories have failed to tackle this issue in the past 9 years.

I just wish someone from Labour would talk about this issue and what they'd do about it.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:39 pm Yes red army exactly the point I made yesterday. What are the parties going to do? Labour ain't gonna do anything, the Tories have yet to release their manifesto so we will have to see, but I doubt they will do anything either.

Why do successive governments fail to tackle this issue? Its absolutely bang out of order.
Why are Labour not going to do anything? Please explain
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:02 pm
Thor wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:39 pm Yes red army exactly the point I made yesterday. What are the parties going to do? Labour ain't gonna do anything, the Tories have yet to release their manifesto so we will have to see, but I doubt they will do anything either.

Why are Labour not going to do anything? Please explain
Because they didn't when they had the chance between 1997 and 2008. Or something.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

It's not a labour problem its successive governments failing to get a grip on tax evasion by the big multi nationals.

It would in my eyes be a vote winner.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I agree. It's staggering that no one in the Labour party has been talking about this. You couldn't make it up.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:24 pm I agree. It's staggering that no one in the Labour party has been talking about this. You couldn't make it up.
Good spot. They're all suspiciously tight liped about this.