Ling out

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Ling out

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Banners and pitch invasion on Saturday?

Nb. for the hard of thinking, I’m not suggesting to do it.
Last edited by BiggsyMalone on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Re: Ling out

Post by Lucky7 »

is that the best you got Biggles
Jeez sad
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

UpminsterO wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:58 pm Bugsey grow up
I won’t be doing it, just asking if the usual elements of the support will be. I think that stuff and booing players off, is pathetic.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

I think we need to out the so called muppet fans who were so vociferous that Ross decided he didnt want the grief from them.

It is clear that some staff read Orients social media pages
The Vitriol towards Ross was Disgusting.

A bad appointment followed & all of a sudden
They are saying we should let the people who were in charge be back in charge.

Back the Whole Set up now Fletch has
gone & lets move .

Onwards & Upwards
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Ling got it wrong, big time, but I have little doubt he was involved in fixing his mistake, suffering huge embarrassment in the process.

But he needs to be judged overall, not on this cock up (though everyone and their dog could see it was wrong from the start) and to be fair he has done OK.

Ling out is a massive over reaction.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm I think we need to out the so called muppet fans who were so vociferous that Ross decided he didnt want the grief from them.

gone & lets move .

Onwards & Upwards
Don’t often agree with you but this is spot on. I don’t know whether it’s a societal thing or what. The feeling like the people at the club owe these fans something. Booing people off the pitch, approaching coaches wives and abusing them etc.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I don't believe Ross got much stick, despite things being as poor as they were. Indeed, he often commented on how touched he was by the support he got and fans singing his name.

There have been unconfirmed reports that 1 fan said some words to Ross's wife. That's 1 fan. And from what slacker revealed on here earlier in the week, I'm sure his wife would have just laughed at that individual.

Let's not make this into something it isn't.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Come on we all know there are so called Orient fans who take great delight in abusing those who they alone have decided they don't like, whether they play well or not. We have seen much of this in the past with, in one case, an Orient player being verbally abused even before the kick-off had taken place.

Why is Martin Ling to blame? The board collectivly made the decision not the Director of Football alone.
I swear that if the ground ran out of Onuts he would get the blame.

Mikero
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:10 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm I think we need to out the so called muppet fans who were so vociferous that Ross decided he didnt want the grief from them.

gone & lets move .

Onwards & Upwards
Don’t often agree with you but this is spot on. I don’t know whether it’s a societal thing or what. The feeling like the people at the club owe these fans something. Booing people off the pitch, approaching coaches wives and abusing them etc.
Im happy to boo a team off the pitch if they have had a stinker.

However taking it to the next level like happened with i think jobi 1st season in the conference , or on Social media is a bit overboard.

Having a piss take about things is one thing.

Abusing people who are employed by the club
Or someone like Ross who everyone
knows is An O's Fan is mad.

Especially following The death of JE

Like thats not tough enough to deal with as a club
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mikero wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:42 pm Come on we all know there are so called Orient fans who take great delight in abusing those who they alone have decided they don't like, whether they play well or not. We have seen much of this in the past with, in one case, an Orient player being verbally abused even before the kick-off had taken place.

Why is Martin Ling to blame? The board collectivly made the decision not the Director of Football alone.

Mikero
Oh come on, collectively we are the most tolerant (possibly just down to apathy) bunch of supporters you could wish to meet.

Of course Ling is to blame for this. He (with Porter) selected Fletcher. After all, that is his job, to appoint the man that reports into him. T&T merely signed off on it via a phone chat.

You can point the finger of blame at T&T for appointing/extending Lingy, I guess, but that's a different argument.

If we run out of Onuts, Macklin will get the blame, not Lingy, as it's an operational issue. I'm pretty sure Danny would also hold his hands up, come out and publicly accept responsibility and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

RedO wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:25 pm I don't believe Ross got much stick, despite things being as poor as they were. Indeed, he often commented on how touched he was by the support he got and fans singing his name.

There have been unconfirmed reports that 1 fan said some words to Ross's wife. That's 1 fan. And from what slacker revealed on here earlier in the week, I'm sure his wife would have just laughed at that individual.

Let's not make this into something it isn't.
Dickie gold alledegly said it.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:48 pm
Mikero wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:42 pm Come on we all know there are so called Orient fans who take great delight in abusing those who they alone have decided they don't like, whether they play well or not. We have seen much of this in the past with, in one case, an Orient player being verbally abused even before the kick-off had taken place.

Mikero
Oh come on, collectively we are the most tolerant (possibly just down to apathy) bunch of supporters you could wish to meet.

Of course Ling is to blame for this. He (with Porter) selected Fletcher. After all, that is his job, to appoint the man that reports into him. T&T merely signed off on it via a phone chat.

You can point the finger of blame at T&T for appointing/extending Lingy, I guess, but that's a different argument.

If we run out of Onuts, Macklin will get the blame, not Lingy, as it's an operational issue. I'm pretty sure Danny would also hold his hands up, come out and publicly accept responsibility and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Final say was with Kent Teague as he explained in his interview.

Bottom Line he pays the wages ,
He met Fletcher , He agreed with the others.

Stop The Ling Hatred Foolishness !
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

A collective few made a choice that to those outside the bubble, seemed hard to fathom out, right from the start.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Kent Teague knows nothing about football. Nigel Travis barely knows anything. They entrust Ling to make the footballing decisions. Like it or not, Ling’s opinion would have been the most important factor.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

gone & lets move .

Onwards & Upwards
Ross was an awful manager, played football as bad as Fletcher for 10 games but fluked a few wins at the end when the pressure was off and that's all that gets remembered. He also took us down to 20th in the table. Players not putting the effort in, tactically naive, much the same issues that have been levelled at Fletcher.

Really don't get the calls for Ross to take over until end of the season. Ling forced him into a job he wasn't suitable for but it appears that Ross, Webb and some players have equally been responsible for Fletcher's demise too.

Ling's poor decisions have been common in all this and ultimately buck stops with him. The rest don't come out of it looking particularly good either though.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm Kent Teague knows nothing about football. Nigel Travis barely knows anything. They entrust Ling to make the footballing decisions. Like it or not, Ling’s opinion would have been the most important factor.
Trouble is they over complicate the issue by talking about “fulfilling a legacy” “preserving stability” “ ticking all the boxes” etc.etc. The only box a football manager needs to tick is the one putting 3 points on the board at the end of 90 minutes. Hopefully this will be the single most important criteria used this time round.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:21 pm

gone & lets move .

Onwards & Upwards
Ross was an awful manager, played football as bad as Fletcher for 10 games but fluked a few wins at the end when the pressure was off and that's all that gets remembered. He also took us down to 20th in the table. Players not putting the effort in, tactically naive, much the same issues that have been levelled at Fletcher.

Really don't get the calls for Ross to take over until end of the season. Ling forced him into a job he wasn't suitable for but it appears that Ross, Webb and some players have equally been responsible for Fletcher's demise too.

Ling's poor decisions have been common in all this and ultimately buck stops with him. The rest don't come out of it looking particularly good either though.
Agree 100%. The only thing I would say in Ling’s defence in this instance is that it is possible that the template the Board apparently gave him re insisting the new man had to work with the existing coaching staff and apparently not wanting candidates who had been at multiple previous clubs would have tied his hands somewhat when it came to recruitment.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Possibly, although it now seems we have player & coach power in effect, which is equally concerning.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:21 pm

gone & lets move .

Onwards & Upwards

Id take lucky wins every day above negative defeats playing pretty football or not.

As for Ling forcing ross 😂🤣😂🤣😂

You're off your rocker if you think that.

Ross, Martin, Josh C & someone else who escapes me were all staying at Nigel Travis' place when it was discussed ( no doubt with Kents involment) after Justin had just died & out of respect to JE His family & anyone else.

F*ck this bullshit about
" we're a buisness & we should be run like one"
That some spouted on social media.

We are a place of people & close knit groups of staff players & fans that all go to make up this club.

When 1 of the most important leaves us tragically the way JE did , its only logical to stick together & find a way through it together.

Time to start focussing all our minds on what
we all are collectively ,

Which is LEYTON ORIENT FOOTBALL CLUB.

Back it & get it moving forward again.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:33 pm Possibly, although it now seems we have player & coach power in effect, which is equally concerning.
The “ coach power” factor ( if true) could stem from their status as being untouchable to change.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:03 pm As for Ling forcing ross 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Ling said it in an interview. He literally spoke about how he approached Ross and said "I think you should take the role on". Shortly after he then admitted that he could tell Ross wasn't suitable being #1 and more comfortable as an assistant.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Ling said it in an interview. He literally spoke about how he approached Ross and said "I think you should take the role on". Shortly after he then admitted that he could tell Ross wasn't suitable being #1 and more comfortable as an assistant.
Approaching is not Forcing
Its approaching , asking .

Where did he admit Ross wasnt suitable ?

Show evudence ,

Scandalous Slanderous babble !!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:42 pm
gshaw wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Approaching is not Forcing
Its approaching , asking .

Where did he admit Ross wasnt suitable ?

Show evudence ,

Scandalous Slanderous babble !!
Please hold caller while we try to connect you...

"I feel the best way forward would be for you to do it"
"his skillset is more suited to be assistant manager"
"I second guessed it"
"the job wasn't what he wanted it to be"
"he knows where his skillset is"

Enough there for you?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm Kent Teague knows nothing about football. Nigel Travis barely knows anything. They entrust Ling to make the footballing decisions. Like it or not, Ling’s opinion would have been the most important factor.
Exactly this.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 pm Ling got it wrong, big time, but I have little doubt he was involved in fixing his mistake, suffering huge embarrassment in the process.

But he needs to be judged overall, not on this cock up (though everyone and their dog could see it was wrong from the start) and to be fair he has done OK.

Ling out is a massive over reaction.
No it’s not.