Tomorrow’s War Day

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Tomorrow’s War Day

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Does anyone know if the club are doing anything for WarDay before the game tomorrow? Cheers.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Re: Tomorrow’s War Day

Post by Cheshunto »

I’d be very surprised if the club didn’t do anything bearing in mind the history associated with our great club.
Usually we have a band of musicians etc but I’m a bit surprised that nothing has been announced by the club as yet, as far as I know.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Macklin is doing donuts with a poppy on for £4 each.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

What the fxxx do you mean war day...it’s Remembrance Day, you silly sausage.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redcard wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm What the fxxx do you mean war day...it’s Remembrance Day, you silly sausage.
Any need for that? You know exactly what I meant.

Only asking as quiet a few people within the club are properly into the wars and it’s rare for us to be playing a game at home on the actual Sunday.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:27 pm Macklin is doing donuts with a poppy on for £4 each.
The other ones are normally only £2 or 3 for a fiver. You sure this pricing is correct?
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Red o, I knew exactly where you were coming from. Show some respect, and yes there is every need for what I said.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Reported, let’s see what Caca thinks.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Are we having a field artillery piece firing off at the side of the pitch?

Be really disappointed if we don't as Sevco Rangers had one last week at their war day

Sometimes they also have guys in uniform abseil down from the roof of the stands. Some say they are soldiers of some sort I think they are HMRC officers trying to collect the millions in tax that they owe. Tax that is required to pay for our armed forces.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

All clubs are holding a minutes silence. They all did today as well.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I wouldn’t be that juvenile to report anyone but were I like minded it’s you that deserves it. Referring to rememberance day as war day and suggesting people on here are into wars is about as disrespectful and low as you can get.
People lost their lives so that scum like you enjoy the liberties that you abuse. Now report me again.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

No surprise that max b. has posted in a similarly disrespectful way. Perhaps the pair of them should take time to consider the sacrifices made by our club in the First World War.....people like those two sicken me.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I reckon Steve Jenkins and co will be playing the last post before the minutes silence ...and rightly so 👍👍
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I dont wear a poppy because I believe it is militaristic & I hate wars etc. I observe the minutes silence because the soldiers who died in WW! were working class lads who were cannon fodder,.
Dont let anyone tell you it was about our freedoms etc....it had nothing to do with freedoms......it was all about powerful nations Empire Building
Thats it...im off to bed NN
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Come on you os, you are wrong on every count. Of course the Second World War was about freedom. Freedom from nazi rule, and you are stupid beyond belief if you think it was only working class lads that fought the fight. The majority of the r.a.f were upper class young lads who gave their all. Do you think they recruited pilots from down the pits.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Redcard wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:42 pm Come on you os, you are wrong on every count. Of course the Second World War was about freedom. Freedom from nazi rule, and you are stupid beyond belief if you think it was only working class lads that fought the fight. The majority of the r.a.f were upper class young lads who gave their all. Do you think they recruited pilots from down the pits.
My Great Uncle lies six feet under in The Netherlands because of some upper class tw*t taking liberties with the safety of his troops.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

And you were there to witness it no doubt. Sober up man.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

It’s not a day to argue about the rights and wrongs of war or the people responsible. It’s a time to remember those who died or were injured in conflicts.

Many were young men and women who never had the opportunity of a life beyond their early years.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

RedO wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:30 pm Does anyone know if the club are doing anything for WarDay before the game tomorrow? Cheers.
tw*t.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:00 am It’s not a day to argue about the rights and wrongs of war or the people responsible. It’s a time to remember those who died or were injured in conflicts.

Many were young men and women who never had the opportunity of a life beyond their early years.
It kind of is. Surely there’s no better time to question why those men died and if it was necessary, so as to learn from it and hopefully ensure it never happens again?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Also my apologies to any delicate little snowflakes I appear to have offended by using the wrong name for today.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I am going to wade in, as I did last year. This topic is not so simple as some jingoistic people would like us to believe. Remembrance started after World War I. My ancestors come from South Wales. Miners were not allowed to enlist as it was a special reserved occupation. This caused a lot of controversy at the time as there was a popular campaign against men who didn't enlist ( white feathers & all that baloney ). This caused much upset at the time, as miners felt hamstrung and in any case they were doing a very dangerous job ( many hundreds were killed 1900-1920 ).
Then in World War II my dad worked London Underground track maintenance, but above ground on what was then the Bakerloo Line. This was again a reserved occupation and extremely dangerous because of the bombing. He fell down a manhole which had the cover blown off by bomb blast and nearly drowned, it was pitch black. A train driver ran off in terror during a bombing raid, and my dad brought the train full of passengers into the next station. He had to go to various bombed stations in the immediate aftermath and he saw dreadful things. At the same time he packed my mum & siblings off to South Wales for safety and he endured this alone. He was expected as everybody else to keep a stiff upper lip.
Whilst I admire soldiers and acts of bravery ( I am reading about a POW escape at the moment ), War is not all about soldiers and bravery, there was a lot of suffering by Joe Public. This tends to be glossed over on days like today and gives the media an opportunity to focus our minds away from more immediate National and World problems.
World War ( which started today's focus ) was over 100 years ago, the Second one was 60 years ago. Isn't it time to let it go? If you say " no ", why not focus on the Napoleonic Wars 200 years ago, or perhaps The English Civil War or Agincourt, or Crecy? It starts getting ridiculous doesn't it?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Just watching match of the day and seen most, if not all, of the teams have a poppy printed on their shirts. Would be nice if given our history we could do the same. Probably need to to be a white one though, so it stands out.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

RedO wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:26 am
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:00 am It’s not a day to argue about the rights and wrongs of war or the people responsible. It’s a time to remember those who died or were injured in conflicts.

It kind of is. Surely there’s no better time to question why those men died and if it was necessary, so as to learn from it and hopefully ensure it never happens again?
I have no issues with people who question why wars happen, past and present. Let’s do that 364 days a year.

But just for one day, remembrance day, we should focus solely on those who were seriously injured and died. A few moments of our time thinking of them and remembering them is not too much to ask of people today is it?

We will remember them.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’m able to do both.