KSI vs Logan Paul

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

KSI vs Logan Paul

Post by Beradogs »

The numbers watching this fight will be staggering. IFL have over a million views 6 hours after uploading a WWE style coming together of Shannon Briggs (ex Boxer and training Paul) and Viddal Riley( training KSI). Anything with Paul and KSI are far greater still. The comments on YouTube (thousands) may as well be written in code for all the sense they make to me. So the question is, were previous generations an anathema to their parents to this extent or has the internet widened the gaps between generations even further. I have watched both KSI and Logan Paul’s channel and i just don’t get it. From any angle. Even if I imagine I am 18 again I still don’t get it. At 18 I was out there, living life. Anyone with kids want to give me some hope for the future that it is only certain types that watch this stuff or is everyone in on it. If so, stop the world, I want to get off.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: KSI vs Logan Paul

Post by Dunners »

Nope, me neither.

I can only guess my parents were just as bemused by me playing poo poo early 90s indie, jungle and watching late night rubbish TV such as Get Stuffed and The Word.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Youtubers are to youngsters what musicians and sport stars etc once were and even still are. It’s no different to a 14 year old girl in the 60s obsessed with the Beatles and Elvis.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:33 am The numbers watching this fight will be staggering. IFL have over a million views 6 hours after uploading a WWE style coming together of Shannon Briggs (ex Boxer and training Paul) and Viddal Riley( training KSI). Anything with Paul and KSI are far greater still. The comments on YouTube (thousands) may as well be written in code for all the sense they make to me. So the question is, were previous generations an anathema to their parents to this extent or has the internet widened the gaps between generations even further. I have watched both KSI and Logan Paul’s channel and i just don’t get it. From any angle. Even if I imagine I am 18 again I still don’t get it. At 18 I was out there, living life. Anyone with kids want to give me some hope for the future that it is only certain types that watch this stuff or is everyone in on it. If so, stop the world, I want to get off.
I have no idea about anything you’ve just written.
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

Nope - no idea.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thanks to google I now do.

I watched a bit of the first video on the American kids YouTube thing, one about bugs in his bed. Can’t say it appealed to me but I can see how school age kids might laugh.

I then tried to see the English bloke but couldn’t see a similar thing ended up watching one of his song videos, some really lame rap where he cusses someone’s family members, proper cringey stuff but hey ho.

Not for me but I’m not going to wet my nickers about it.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

It's the generation where they all walk down the street staring at their mobile phones watching this stuff.Probably why I don't get it,either.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I see Eddie Hearn has jumped on board promoting this “re-match”.

And no, I’d never heard of either of them. But then I don’t go searching youtubers or other social media platform celebs. It’s good that peeps can create content and find an audience independently, but then it’s ironic that so few of them become stars who get followed by millions of smartphone sheep (I guess that’s no different to musicians and celebs down the ages, I suppose - just a different platform for consuming their wares). The one’s I’ve seen are puerile, clunkily produced, and seem more about cynical monetizing rather than informing. But I’m not the target audience for either the “creators” or the ads/brand promoters.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Eddie who?