Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I also doubt the enthusiasm from Tory voters will return in 12 months especially without Brexit driving people to vote
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

I can't understand the likes of Comrade Maxy ( the supposed Ultra left-winger & supporter of proscribed international terrorist groups, in a sleight of hand manner ), would seemingly prefer a Tory Government to a Labour Government. I reckon he is scared Labour would clamp down on dodgy taxi drivers ( if he is actually what he purports to be ).
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:12 am
Even if people aren't enthusiastic about Labour, I'm still surprised by how deep the hate for the Tories seems to be going.
Boris Johnson's greatest achievement? Not saying that he planned it that way ...
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:00 pm I can't understand the likes of Comrade Maxy ( the supposed Ultra left-winger & supporter of proscribed international terrorist groups, in a sleight of hand manner ), would seemingly prefer a Tory Government to a Labour Government. I reckon he is scared Labour would clamp down on dodgy taxi drivers ( if he is actually what he purports to be ).
I'm not Ultra left nor do I prefer a Tory government.

Call me a supporter of terrorism again and I will go legal.

In the meantime you should apologise and delete your post and I will take no further action
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Please call him one again FoF so he can sue you, I’d personally be very interested to see Max’yyy happily setting a precedent for getting compensation after someone baselessly accuses someone of political allegiances that they don’t hold. Even if you are out of pocket in the short term, I’ll happily share my winnings with you.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:13 pm Please call him one again FoF so he can sue you, I’d personally be very interested to see Max’yyy happily setting a precedent for getting compensation after someone baselessly accuses someone of political allegiances that they don’t hold. Even if you are out of pocket in the short term, I’ll happily share my winnings with you.
It isn't about political allegiance.

It's an accusation that I support criminal activity. Try and keep up.

On the political point you clumsily make I merely observed that your favourite argument puts you in with some strange bedfellows.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Cool, well we’ll see if 1, FoF repeats his claim, 2, you call in your legal team, 3, you win, and then we’ll see whether it’s you who gets to decide what type of false accusation is A-OK. *rubs hands together*
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:30 pm Cool, well we’ll see if 1, FoF repeats his claim, 2, you call in your legal team, 3, you win, and then we’ll see whether it’s you who gets to decide what type of false accusation is A-OK. *rubs hands together*
My legal team have been contacted and are on standby should the accusation be repeated.

In the meantime they advise that an apology and deletion of the offending post would be an act of good faith and may head off further legal action.

They did mention a small donation to Medical Aid for Palestine would also be useful.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Not my joke, but...

RA(ctrl+C)HEL REE(ctrl+V)ES
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Admits being a copycat off of Wikipedia. She wants to be trusted with the purse strings. This will be her defining moment.
Last edited by Daily Express bot on Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:52 pm
Friend or faux wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:00 pm I can't understand the likes of Comrade Maxy ( the supposed Ultra left-winger & supporter of proscribed international terrorist groups, in a sleight of hand manner ), would seemingly prefer a Tory Government to a Labour Government. I reckon he is scared Labour would clamp down on dodgy taxi drivers ( if he is actually what he purports to be ).

In the meantime you should apologise and delete your post and I will take no further action
So are you saying you want a Labour government? Make up your mind. You are either red or blue? Which one is it?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

FrankOFile wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:14 pm

So are you saying you want a Labour government? Make up your mind. You are either red or blue? Which one is it?
I can only assume you preferred Jo Swinton as a PM last time round , she liked ti say ‘Bollo## ‘ to Brexit and Stop Brexit. Is that democracy for you?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:25 pm
FrankOFile wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:14 pm

I can only assume you preferred Jo Swinton as a PM last time round , she liked ti say ‘Bollo## ‘ to Brexit and Stop Brexit. Is that democracy for you?
I didn't mind Jo, although she certainly had her knockers.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Gets up at six am Sunday to make a sexist comment about a female politician. Again, very ianteresting
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

CEB wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:24 am Gets up at six am Sunday to make a sexist comment about a female politician. Again, very ianteresting
Did he not mean critics?
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Labour suspends MP Andy McDonald after speech at pro-Palestinian rally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67268154
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Ridiculous decision and overreaction from Labour. People have lost their minds.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Absolutely terrified party
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

faldO wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:28 pm Labour suspends MP Andy McDonald after speech at pro-Palestinian rally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67268154
And so Starmer's purge on anybody who was comfortable in working with Corbyn and his policies continues.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Absolutely crazy, the latest bout of in-fighting within the Labour Party. The simple fact is, as a World Power Source, the UK Labour Party is a non-entity. Their views on the World Stage are worth diddly squat. On top of that, the Covid Enquiry is showing us ( what we already knew ) that a bunch of moronic imbeciles has been running the country for the last 13 years. Brexit has been a huge social & economic disaster, one of the main causes in a lack of social & health care. Time people at the top of the Labour Party got a grip, and concentrated on what matters to the British people. Two tribes of belligerent, misogynistic & superstitious Middle-Eastern Nations, trying to wipe each other out, has little to do with the UK.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend or faux wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:11 am Absolutely crazy, the latest bout of in-fighting within the Labour Party. The simple fact is, as a World Power Source, the UK Labour Party is a non-entity. Their views on the World Stage are worth diddly squat. On top of that, the Covid Enquiry is showing us ( what we already knew ) that a bunch of moronic imbeciles has been running the country for the last 13 years. Brexit has been a huge social & economic disaster, one of the main causes in a lack of social & health care. Time people at the top of the Labour Party got a grip, and concentrated on what matters to the British people. Two tribes of belligerent, misogynistic & superstitious Middle-Eastern Nations, trying to wipe each other out, has little to do with the UK.

So you're saying Starmer's foreign policy on Israel is irrelevant as he's not in power? Be interested to know if you felt the same when Corbyn was in charge?
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

I am saying Labour needs to have a serious internal conversation to work out their policy. Public gesture Politics when you have no real influence is meaningless. This Middle-East spat is a perfect distraction from the horrible mess going on in our Country.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Admin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:26 am
Friend or faux wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:11 am Absolutely crazy, the latest bout of in-fighting within the Labour Party. The simple fact is, as a World Power Source, the UK Labour Party is a non-entity. Their views on the World Stage are worth diddly squat. On top of that, the Covid Enquiry is showing us ( what we already knew ) that a bunch of moronic imbeciles has been running the country for the last 13 years. Brexit has been a huge social & economic disaster, one of the main causes in a lack of social & health care. Time people at the top of the Labour Party got a grip, and concentrated on what matters to the British people. Two tribes of belligerent, misogynistic & superstitious Middle-Eastern Nations, trying to wipe each other out, has little to do with the UK.

So you're saying Starmer's foreign policy on Israel is irrelevant as he's not in power? Be interested to know if you felt the same when Corbyn was in charge?
For ‘Starmer’s Foreign Policy , read ‘Blair’s Foreign Policy’
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Corbyn is an irrelevance now. He lost his only chance. The moment has long gone.