Ross's Decisions are Mystifying

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Ross's Decisions are Mystifying

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Im trying to kid myself Ross is the guy for us, but some of his decisions today, were mystifying, and he needs to explain why he did these things

The most obvious was bringing on Alabi for JMD. my question to Ross is WHY????????

Alabi wasnt good enough for the National League, so why should he be good enough for a higher league?

What did Ross think Alabi was going to bring to the table? I would love to know.

when Joe is out, we're f*cked basically....someone else who isnt a left back, has to fit into Joes position. Ogie should be given a chance, as should Ruel up front......he would have been a better bet than alabi today, thats for sure.

Ill still stick to my previous line that Ross must be given 10 to 12 games, but its getting harder & harder to defend the guy
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ross's Decisions are Mystifying

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

His in game management was nonexistent today. Got all the praise for Tuesday, and rightly so and so must take a lot of the heat for the loss today.

Why did we bring in a holding midfielder if when we are winning by a goal with 15-20 to go, we aren’t going to use him.

As for Alabi, Ross has left him off the bench the last two, now all of a sudden he’s ahead of Harrold.

Sotiriou make as well hang up his boots if he’s not a better option than Alabi.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:21 pm Im trying to kid myself Ross is the guy for us, but some of his decisions today, were mystifying, and he needs to explain why he did these things

The most obvious was bringing on Alabi for JMD. my question to Ross is WHY????????

Alabi wasnt good enough for the National League, so why should he be good enough for a higher league?

What did Ross think Alabi was going to bring to the table? I would love to know.

when Joe is out, we're f*cked basically....someone else who isnt a left back, has to fit into Joes position. Ogie should be given a chance, as should Ruel up front......he would have been a better bet than alabi today, thats for sure.

Ill still stick to my previous line that Ross must be given 10 to 12 games, but its getting harder & harder to defend the guy
I agree about Ogie. If Widdowson's out we're targeted down our left hand side . Brophy is a good player but he isn't a left back and today it showed. At least two of those goals came down our left side .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Yup hard to disagree there. I'm glad he's not being slated for changing the formation as I think the football was much better overall and, as Ross says himself scoring two goals at home and leading twice should be bringing home 3pts.

That said the subs were baffling and the love in with Alabi even more so. Harrold proved last year he holds the ball up well at the end of a game and physically was the choice to have a bit of a battle with the Crawley defenders who battered Wilkinson all game.

The LB situation is ridiculous. Either play the youth players you've promoted to first team or loan them out and get someone in who can contribute. Can't rely on Widdowson being available for 100% of the season and dragging Brophy out of position isn't the answer either.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I think Alabi was brought on as a strong target up front, Coulson even joined him towards the end.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:21 pm Im trying to kid myself Ross is the guy for us, but some of his decisions today, were mystifying, and he needs to explain why he did these things

Unlike you to be so OTT.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Rookie manager makes some questionable decisions shocker
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:13 pm I think Alabi was brought on as a strong target up front, Coulson even joined him towards the end.
Harrold is stronger in the air though?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Alabi isn’t strong. Wish we could just clarify that once and for all.
Osmad
Fresh Alias

Post by Osmad »

Ross has to justify his decisions by results. Bad sloppy defensive mistakes were something Justin had to eradicate, now its returned. Needs some good coaching and a midfield defensive terrier.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:21 pm Alabi isn’t strong. Wish we could just clarify that once and for all.
If we bring in an experienced manager both Gorman and Alabi will be gone before next Summer .
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:05 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:21 pm Alabi isn’t strong. Wish we could just clarify that once and for all.
If we bring in an experienced manager both Gorman and Alabi will be gone before next Summer .
Justin wasn’t able to offload them either.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

I bet he could wipe you out in 1
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Same sh*t different day zzzz
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:09 pm

That said the subs were baffling and the love in with Alabi even more so. Harrold proved last year he holds the ball up well at the end of a game and physically was the choice to have a bit of a battle with the Crawley defenders who battered Wilkinson all game.

Holding the ball up was not required surely, as wilkinson is already on the pitch to do that
Angol & Dennis have the pace & Alabi was tried as the battering ram on the floor , if you like ( not that it worked) .

I really think they want him to get a few games in so he can hopefully score a couple & then maybe get him out on loan or sold at some point.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Alibi’s a character and I’m sure a top bloke, but he’s not League 2 standard. Even a bunch of numpties on a message board can see that. His continued inclusion is baffling.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

o-no wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 pm Alibi’s a character and I’m sure a top bloke, but he’s not League 2 standard. Even a bunch of numpties on a message board can see that. His continued inclusion is baffling.
He was part of a losing team today why the finger pointing at him

I do agree with your bunch of numpties comment though
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Lucky7 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:29 pm
I bet he could wipe you out in 1
You almost wiped me out with the Punto today :D
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Holding the ball up was not required surely, as wilkinson is already on the pitch to do that
Angol & Dennis have the pace & Alabi was tried as the battering ram on the floor , if you like ( not that it worked) .

I really think they want him to get a few games in so he can hopefully score a couple & then maybe get him out on loan or sold at some point.
Wilkinson was and did a good job on that front. However after the 4th or 5th whack in 10 minutes he seemed to be flagging somewhat (and understandably so, no criticism of him at all). Harrold would be fresh and he's wily enough to know how to use the dark arts back at those defenders.

I get the theory behind that Alabi idea but even when he gets the ball the end pass is poor and unpredictable.

I think they'll be waiting a long time for those goals. Do we not have a reserve side this year he can play in?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Wilkinson was and did a good job on that front. However after the 4th or 5th whack in 10 minutes he seemed to be flagging somewhat (and understandably so, no criticism of him at all). Harrold would be fresh and he's wily enough to know how to use the dark arts back at those defenders.

I get the theory behind that Alabi idea but even when he gets the ball the end pass is poor and unpredictable.

I think they'll be waiting a long time for those goals. Do we not have a reserve side this year he can play in?
Reserve team goals wont get him a contract somewhere else .
If he was to get a couple of goals coming off the bench he
becomes a more attractive option.

JE must have been mightly impressed with Alabi when he tonked his old club
back in the day.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Just get rid of the fella, ala big George last season.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Challenge him to an arm wrestle then.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

He’d probably beat me in an arm wrestle, but I’m not s league two defender, and we aren’t an arm wrestling team.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Lucky7 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Same sh*t different day zzzz
Well you would know lots about sh*t......you spout in every day non stop
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:54 pm Just get rid of the fella, ala big George last season.
Well, difference is Big George told JE to go f*** himself when he was substituted.