Would you take the draw?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Re: Would you take the draw?

Post by Fellowo »

Play to our strengths, notice how yesterday we didn't try and change our formation to keep the lead. Monday is no different and now is not the time to try anything different.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Byways1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:45 pm No No No.
We must go out and attack from the start and look to sew this game up.
We are in a great position and should grab this opportunity with both hands.
Play like the Champions we are.
I love your positivity but if somebody offered me the draw right now I would take it with both hands.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

With Fylde assured of 5th (and a “qualifying” home playoff tie) but almost zero chance of catching 3rd, I can see them taking their foot off the pedal at Salford and don’t expect any favours. I’d take the draw at Solihull, but actually think we may weather the pummelling Solihull are bound to unleash and nick the points on the break.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Yes a lot of "jonahing" going on here.What could possibly go wrong?Image
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

I would only take a draw if I knew Salford wouldn't win.
I really want 3 points & there's no reason why we can't win there.
Solihull will be desperate to win & taking risks. We must exploit that.
What we mustn't do is lose.
Rambling Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Rambling Man »

No
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

It's simple: avoid defeat and promotion is well and truly on, though not guranteed.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

I will be praying to the mighty god TheO.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

slacker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:41 pm With Fylde assured of 5th (and a “qualifying” home playoff tie) but almost zero chance of catching 3rd, I can see them taking their foot off the pedal at Salford and don’t expect any favours. I’d take the draw at Solihull, but actually think we may weather the pummelling Solihull are bound to unleash and nick the points on the break.
Agree with your thoughts about Fylde AFC. Their main incentives surely has to be the play offs and Fa Trophy final. Having said all that, I shall be delighted if they do nick a point against Salford.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:41 pm
slacker wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:41 pm With Fylde assured of 5th (and a “qualifying” home playoff tie) but almost zero chance of catching 3rd, I can see them taking their foot off the pedal at Salford and don’t expect any favours. I’d take the draw at Solihull, but actually think we may weather the pummelling Solihull are bound to unleash and nick the points on the break.
Agree with your thoughts about Fylde AFC. Their main incentives surely has to be the play offs and Fa Trophy final. Having said all that, I shall be delighted if they do nick a point against Salford.
What about if they deservedly earn a point?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:27 pm V Solihull?

I would.
No and you are an idiot.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I think some people here are a bit mad. Would you take the draw. Of course you would take the draw. It’s not even a debate.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Definitely take the draw.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:00 pm Definitely take the draw.
It must be horrible for you not being able come up with a positive comment supporting the club. We won, scored 2 goals, another clean sheet, still top of the league, good attendance, Sam Ling not playing your favorite player, not, Then to cap it all the Chairman cuts the ground from under your feet by saying Martin Ling is the third most important decision maker in the club, even higher than Justin Edinburgh, How my heart bleeds for you Ha Ha Ha, this guys other names were Martin Lings fan Club, FFS Ling,What a looser you are, Even now the only thing you can come up with is play for a draw
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:13 pm
It must be horrible for you not being able come up with a positive comment supporting the club. We won, scored 2 goals, another clean sheet, still top of the league, good attendance, Sam Ling not playing your favorite player, not, Then to cap it all the Chairman cuts the ground from under your feet by saying Martin Ling is the third most important decision maker in the club, even higher than Justin Edinburgh, How my heart bleeds for you Ha Ha Ha, this guys other names were Martin Lings fan Club, FFS Ling,What a looser you are, Even now the only thing you can come up with is play for a draw
Not sure there's any malice in Dissy's post. A lot of us would take a point.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

StillSpike wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:25 pm Do you really want this to go to the last game possibly needing a win?
At home to 23rd placed Braintree. Most definitely.

A draw would be fine, and a much better result for us than for them.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Errr. Old alias / been banned before alert.
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

I wouldn't say zero chance of catching 3rd. If we beat Solihull and Fylde beat Salford, then Fylde are 3 pts behind Solihull with a better GD. Fylde last game is home to Halifax, with Solihull away to Daggers. Wrexham also have a tough last one with Harrogate coming to them possibly needing something to guarantee a play-off spot. Lots of twists and turns still to come.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:46 pm
Errr. Old alias / been banned before alert.
Oh look poor little no one loves me disoriented running to the teachers again
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

No. Playing for the draw would be disastrous. Lets win it and put this title to bed.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Don’t want a draw, but would settle for one.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

EH16 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am No. Playing for the draw would be disastrous. Lets win it and put this title to bed.
Of course. The draw seems the least likely result, given that Solihull have to go for it, and we're pretty tasty on the break (and at set pieces). Also, this assumption that we will comfortably dispatch Braintree in front of a packed house seems a bit dangerous to me.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

EH16 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am No. Playing for the draw would be disastrous. Lets win it and put this title to bed.
On the face of it I would be happy with the draw. And yet, and you are partly right here, it 'could' be disastrous as it wouldn't be too hard to imagine Salford winning their last two matches... So yes, we must go for a win.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

If we are above Salford at 5pm, ill be happy and a draw will almost certainly achieve that. Of course, we are all sort of assuming Salford win but if they draw or lose then we have one foot in the league, whatever our result.

I'd take a draw but the issue is potentially setting the players up differently/different mindset to all the other 44 games we've played this season, could go against us. I think the team selection will be more defensively focussed but our style of play wont change that much.

Remember as well that Solihull and Salford pretty much have to win so the pressure is on them more than us and Solihull coming at us, might suit us by playing on the break.
69Chevy
Fresh Alias

Post by 69Chevy »

We need to win.
A draw and a narrow win against Braintree may not be enough.
Please do correct my maths, but if goal difference is equal (Salford to get 2-0 and 3-0 wins is not beyond the bounds of possibility) I think it then goes down to goals scored.
Having to get 2 or 3 goals against Briantree would be exciting, but I am still haunted by the Villa game.
Of course, we will win the play offs, but I quite fancy a proper Double.