Come on happy clappers

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Frogger
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Come on happy clappers

Post by Frogger »

Cheer us moaning lot up with some positives and other banter. I need it. Thanks in advance xxx
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Re: Come on happy clappers

Post by Reflecto »

Ling and Wellens need to move on...and quickly
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Reflecto wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 4:29 pm Ling and Wellens need to move on...and quickly
The former absolutely, the latter still has enough credit to be given a chance with someone else doing the recruitment
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Yeah, what does Ling get x amount of thousands of pounds a year for anyway?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

For argument sake, let's just say Richie and Lingy were handed twice the amount of budget they were given this season . Do you think we would be able to attract better players . The point I'm making is it's 100% the boards fault for refusing to compete for players . I know other clubs have more money than us but we have still gone too cheap . The club knew this would be a harder season than last season yet did previous little to bring in the quality players we needed .
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

I’m told many ‘millennials’ left early today. Our revenue for Season Cards next year is under severe threat, and would be decimated if we’re relegated
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:30 pm For argument sake, let's just say Richie and Lingy were handed twice the amount of budget they were given this season . Do you think we would be able to attract better players . The point I'm making is it's 100% the boards fault for refusing to compete for players . I know other clubs have more money than us but we have still gone too cheap . The club knew this would be a harder season than last season yet did previous little to bring in the quality players we needed .
Wellens yes he'll identify players but Ling no. Remember last Jan we missed out on a striker not because of lack of budget but because of slow processes. Failure not from the manager from from those above him
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:14 pm Yeah, what does Ling get x amount of thousands of pounds a year for anyway?
Two shocking transfer windows
A women's team subbed out to the player's dad
An academy that's produced nothing of note since 2017

Time to make change and I don't mean the manager
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Hard to defend. I still have some faith but for the first time in ages (I didn’t see the whole game) I’ve felt that we looked lost and without any sort of plan. Pass it around, into midfield and lose it or back to the defence and a hoof to our ineffectual front line.

Hopefully it’s a reset to try something new because we aren’t unlucky anymore. We look lost.

Not replacing el miz properly is a mental decision which is affecting us at the back, in the middle and up top
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

It’s not that we didn’t replace him as that was very difficult. It’s that we didn’t even try to replace him.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:53 pm Hard to defend. I still have some faith but for the first time in ages (I didn’t see the whole game) I’ve felt that we looked lost and without any sort of plan. Pass it around, into midfield and lose it or back to the defence and a hoof to our ineffectual front line.

Hopefully it’s a reset to try something new because we aren’t unlucky anymore. We look lost.

Not replacing el miz properly is a mental decision which is affecting us at the back, in the middle and up top
El Miz replacement with a youth who barely gets on the bench
New RB playing CDM because of the above then ends up injured
GK shambles throwing away the first 4 games
Relying on Ball who is trying to complete pre season in October
Perkins signed because Ling knows him from the academy

It's a real mess and not acceptable if all the blame ends up being dropped on the manager. We've been here before with Jackett.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

gshaw wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:00 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:53 pm Hard to defend. I still have some faith but for the first time in ages (I didn’t see the whole game) I’ve felt that we looked lost and without any sort of plan. Pass it around, into midfield and lose it or back to the defence and a hoof to our ineffectual front line.

It's a real mess and not acceptable if all the blame ends up being dropped on the manager. We've been here before with Jackett.
Agree to a point. And I say this as Wellens biggest fan but he’s said time and again that he’s part of the recruitment process, has thanked ling multiple times and signed a new contract where he must have known the budget - he has to take some blame for recruitment. But it’s lings primary job and as I’ve said elsewhere, he’s reached the very top of his ability.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Agree to a point. And I say this as Wellens biggest fan but he’s said time and again that he’s part of the recruitment process, has thanked ling multiple times and signed a new contract where he must have known the budget - he has to take some blame for recruitment. But it’s lings primary job and as I’ve said elsewhere, he’s reached the very top of his ability.
Like I've said already , the blame goes higher up than those two . Richie and Lingy can only work with the budget they have been given . Blame the clubs board for that .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:12 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Like I've already said , the blame goes higher up than them two . Richie and Lingy can only work with the budget they have been given . Blame the clubs board for that .
There’s a lot of waste with that budget. Of course they are restricted but they’ve wasted a good portion of it without actually addressing key areas
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

We have 5 goalkeepers on the books for starters
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 4:31 pm
Reflecto wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 4:29 pm Ling and Wellens need to move on...and quickly
The former absolutely, the latter still has enough credit to be given a chance with someone else doing the recruitment
Hard to disagree but how much better the recruitment would actually be the available budget I’m really not sure.🤔
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:17 pm We have 5 goalkeepers on the books for starters
Exactly and only two proper strikers . It's crazy .
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:17 pm We have 5 goalkeepers on the books for starters
Wow! I really hadn’t picked that up until you mentioned it.😳
Frogger
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Frogger »

The keeper situation is an embarrassment. If the players that have come in on loan are better than what we had here already, then what the f*** has the coaching and youth team management been doing? The players that we have loaned in, in this area have been poor at best. The keepers we have should be released or like Howles be loaned out where they are likely to play.

If we are all honest the same could be said for the defence midfield and attack. We didn’t replace the players we lost with the same calibre or experience.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

can we play them all at once?
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:59 pm It’s not that we didn’t replace him as that was very difficult. It’s that we didn’t even try to replace him.
We did try to replace him. It’s just that we replaced him with crap.

Now, letting Sotiriou go and not attempting to replace him was far more unforgivable.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:50 pm
Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:59 pm It’s not that we didn’t replace him as that was very difficult. It’s that we didn’t even try to replace him.
We did try to replace him. It’s just that we replaced him with crap.

Now, letting Sotiriou go and not attempting to replace him was far more unforgivable.
Kelman has more goals than Sotiriou so I'd say we did replace him

No replacement for Drinan I e. a senior pro with some physical presence
No replacement for Pigott i.e. a senior pro striker of amu description
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:48 pm
can we play them all at once?
Probably have more joy putting one of them upfront
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Frogger wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 4:12 pm Cheer us moaning lot up with some positives and other banter. I need it. Thanks in advance xxx
Orient won a football match, just 4 days ago.

We are not in the bottom 4. Though granted by the histrionics on here you'd think we'd just been relegated to the Essex Senior League, but we have not

We have a slightly easier run of games coming up.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

gshaw wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:49 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:30 pm For argument sake, let's just say Richie and Lingy were handed twice the amount of budget they were given this season . Do you think we would be able to attract better players . The point I'm making is it's 100% the boards fault for refusing to compete for players . I know other clubs have more money than us but we have still gone too cheap . The club knew this would be a harder season than last season yet did previous little to bring in the quality players we needed .
Wellens yes he'll identify players but Ling no. Remember last Jan we missed out on a striker not because of lack of budget but because of slow processes. Failure not from the manager from from those above him
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:14 pm Yeah, what does Ling get x amount of thousands of pounds a year for anyway?

Your an idiot ,do you not listen to RW interviews . He thanked Ling publicly for his support this season . The buck stops with RW ,he picks the players who play .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

soloman wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 9:23 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:49 pm

Your an idiot ,do you not listen to RW interviews . He thanked Ling publicly for his support this season . The buck stops with RW ,he picks the players who play .
That is the club PR machine in full force, we're also told this is a great squad, do you believe that too?