Idris Saying Goodbye ?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Idris Saying Goodbye ?

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:34 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:22 am If he goes he goes. When one door shuts another opens. Having pushed Gailbraith into midfield its increased our attacking options which we badly need from that area of the pitch.
Even by your standards, this is so bad.
I don’t really care what you think or even who you really are? However one man does not make a team as good as El Miz is there’s alway a replacement. If people on here think that loosing El Miz is irreplaceable then you might as well right next season off now.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:38 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:22 am
Long slender neck wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:09 am No way i am spending 24 minutes watching this
At last some sanity. If he goes he goes. When one door shuts another opens. Having pushed Gailbraith into midfield its increased our attacking options which we badly need from that area of the pitch.
I don't dispute that Galbraith scored a few goals and had a few good games against the likes of Shrewsbury. What I do know, is that once El Miz was injured, our season went downhill, getting completely overrun in midfield by the likes of Peterborough and Derby. Personally would rather lose Galbraith and keep El Miz any day of the week.
Absolute rubbish
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:09 am No way i am spending 24 minutes watching this
And yet you probably spend longer than that reading the tripe posted on this message board…
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

At last some sanity. If he goes he goes. When one door shuts another opens. Having pushed Gailbraith into midfield its increased our attacking options which we badly need from that area of the pitch.
“If he goes he goes” - well, can’t argue with that but if he does go he’ll leave a gap that will be hard to fill. He’s been running the midfield for us, with support of course, but Galbraith isn’t capable of doing the same job. I struggle to see how anyone can’t see that El Miz leaving would be a huge blow.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:38 am

I don't dispute that Galbraith scored a few goals and had a few good games against the likes of Shrewsbury. What I do know, is that once El Miz was injured, our season went downhill, getting completely overrun in midfield by the likes of Peterborough and Derby. Personally would rather lose Galbraith and keep El Miz any day of the week.
Galbraith had arguably his best game of the season at Shrewsbury (yes, I know it was only Shrewsbury) playing in the 10 role.

Would love to see him playing there again next season, ideally with Idris behind him.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:09 pm
“If he goes he goes” - well, can’t argue with that but if he does go he’ll leave a gap that will be hard to fill. He’s been running the midfield for us, with support of course, but Galbraith isn’t capable of doing the same job. I struggle to see how anyone can’t see that El Miz leaving would be a huge blow.
Let’s get this straight, I’m not suggesting that Miz isn’t a good player and wouldn’t be missed however how many players over the years have supporters said that a player is irreplaceable and yet they have been. The argument that Miz is better than Galbraith doesn’t hold water, there different types of player. But what I would say is that imo Galbraith is more adaptable but lacks the physicality of Miz and as I’ve said scores far more goals which at the end of the day wins games.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 pm

Let’s get this straight, I’m not suggesting that Miz isn’t a good player and wouldn’t be missed however how many players over the years have supporters said that a player is irreplaceable and yet they have been. The argument that Miz is better than Galbraith doesn’t hold water, there different types of player. But what I would say is that imo Galbraith is more adaptable but lacks the physicality of Miz and as I’ve said scores far more goals which at the end of the day wins games.
I’ve not said he’s irreplaceable. But to get someone of his quality to replace him, if we have to, will be very difficult.Galbraith isn’t the answer.
Lastly, I was unaware that it wasn’t possible to compare two players ability if they played in different roles. Silly me. I do like Galbraith and think he could do a good job for us but he doesn’t influence a game like El Miz does and he doesn’t have his quality.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:44 pm

I’ve not said he’s irreplaceable. But to get someone of his quality to replace him, if we have to, will be very difficult.Galbraith isn’t the answer.
Lastly, I was unaware that it wasn’t possible to compare two players ability if they played in different roles. Silly me. I do like Galbraith and think he could do a good job for us but he doesn’t influence a game like El Miz does and he doesn’t have his quality.
You have a point about his quality and i know Galbraith isn’t the answer it’s a matter of opinion I suppose. Miz is a work horse and a box to box player but Galbraith can open up a defence and is far more creative imo,the problem with him is that he has to be allowed to roam and not stick to anyone position in midfield.In someways he reminds me of Dan Kemp who again imo was let go far too early. Galbraith must be played in midfield and not messed about like Brown was at the beginning.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:00 pm
BoniO wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:44 pm

You have a point about his quality and i know Galbraith isn’t the answer it’s a matter of opinion I suppose. Miz is a work horse and a box to box player but Galbraith can open up a defence and is far more creative imo,the problem with him is that he has to be allowed to roam and not stick to anyone position in midfield.In someways he reminds me of Dan Kemp who again imo was let go far too early. Galbraith must be played in midfield and not messed about like Brown was at the beginning.
El Miz has been a wonderful midfield player in his time at the Os but he was always a loan player and most good things come to an end. If ( as seems likely ) he does not come back again, then Os must move on and they will, life has to go on and it will.
Lastly, I hope he gets over his knee injury in time to start next season.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:19 pm Galbraith had arguably his best game of the season at Shrewsbury (yes, I know it was only Shrewsbury) playing in the 10 role.

Would love to see him playing there again next season, ideally with Idris behind him.
This, Galbraith to take the place of Moncur as our starting 10 then with El Miz / replacement CDM controlling the defensive side and picking up loose balls.
It's a nice look back at at the title season from his perspective, time moves so fast it already feels like a long time ago.

Hopefully it's just a teaser for a return but if it's not, thank you Idris for giving us a midfield that our success relied on.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 pm The argument that Miz is better than Galbraith doesn’t hold water, there different types of player.
Agreed. Can’t believe some clown has tried to make that argument.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:19 pm Galbraith had arguably his best game of the season at Shrewsbury (yes, I know it was only Shrewsbury) playing in the 10 role.

This, Galbraith to take the place of Moncur as our starting 10 then with El Miz / replacement CDM controlling the defensive side and picking up loose balls.
It's a nice look back at at the title season from his perspective, time moves so fast it already feels like a long time ago.

Hopefully it's just a teaser for a return but if it's not, thank you Idris for giving us a midfield that our success relied on.
I know we’re inundated with wingers but seeing that narrow 4-3-1-2 must have given Richie something to think about.

Agreed the video, was a nice watch back.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Oh.

Awkward.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:04 pm

I know we’re inundated with wingers but seeing that narrow 4-3-1-2 must have given Richie something to think about.

Agreed the video, was a nice watch back.
Hopefully we recruit for 2-7-2 from next season.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

The Reverend wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:09 pm
And yet you probably spend longer than that reading the tripe posted on this message board…
Most of the tripe is posted by you Rev ☹️
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

BIGRON wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:59 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:09 pm
Most of the tripe is posted by you Rev ☹️
Most, but not all
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:11 pm FAO Idris, if you’re reading this:

Watching the announcement of your return last summer was very possibly the best moment of my 40+ years supporting Orient. If you were to come back permanently, it would surpass that. Do it, Idris. Do it.
Once you get something in your head about liking a player or a manager your exaggeration of their worth knows no bounds. It can even come across as a bit embarrassing as in your sucking up in the above post.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:58 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:11 pm FAO Idris, if you’re reading this:

Watching the announcement of your return last summer was very possibly the best moment of my 40+ years supporting Orient. If you were to come back permanently, it would surpass that. Do it, Idris. Do it.
Once you get something in your head about liking a player or a manager your exaggeration of their worth knows no bounds. It can even come across as a bit embarrassing as in your sucking up in the above post.
:D

It's ok, I don't think he really will be reading this.

But just in case he is:

WE WANT YOU TO STAY,
WE WANT YOU TO STAY,
IPSWICH'S A SH1THOLE,
WE WANT YOU TO STAY!

(Don't listen to the crazy horse, everyone else appreciates you) x
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

"El Mizouni is an absolute baller; he's going to get a good move and a good payday - one that gives him a chance of going to the 2026 World Cup if Tunisia qualify. We have got absolutely zero chance of bringing him back"

Quote from: Me, May 2023
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Great interview, thanks Idriis for 2 seasons, what a player and what a great bloke.
It has been a great move for both club and player.
Idris helped O’s become an established L1 club again and we helped and gave Idris the opportunity to show what a player he is.
What happens next who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️
If we sign Idris on a permanent deal, it would be fantastic.
If we don’t and he signs for someone else, good luck to him.
Thanks Idris 💪🏻
:lofc: :lofc:
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Is it possible to read that video as, rather than a farewell Orient, but to Ipswich, a please listen to this and let me leave Ipswich for Orient? Hard to see he has a future at Ipswich and the most he could hope for would be a season loan to a Championship side.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

cymruO wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:00 am Is it possible to read that video as, rather than a farewell Orient, but to Ipswich, a please listen to this and let me leave Ipswich for Orient? Hard to see he has a future at Ipswich and the most he could hope for would be a season loan to a Championship side.
this thread clearly demonstrates that it's possible to read that video however you want. Personally, I think it's a long shot that he'll be coming back and the video is a way of acknowledging that while still hedging the bet ever so slightly.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

(not that I watched the whole 24 mins)
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

He’s a Championship standard player. He deserves a Championship level wage. Orient is probably the only League 1 club he might consider moving to, but in reality he should be looking at Championship clubs for his next move. I’m sure his agent agrees too.

Not only is he a serious baller he comes across as incredibly mature and level headed, especially considering his young age. He’ll end up being a club captain wherever he eventually goes.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

The Reverend wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:35 am He’s a Championship standard player. He deserves a Championship level wage. Orient is probably the only League 1 club he might consider moving to, but in reality he should be looking at Championship clubs for his next move. I’m sure his agent agrees too.

Not only is he a serious baller he comes across as incredibly mature and level headed, especially considering his young age. He’ll end up being a club captain wherever he eventually goes.
Apart from on Rainbow Laces weekends.