New Orient Manager?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: New Orient Manager?

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

What a truly irritating thread this is . Richie is going nowhere. Thank God he will still be our manager next season because we need him here to push us on to the next level.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

I would have thought that someone up at LOFC reads this board and would have the sense to put something on the board to allay all the uncertainty over whether or not Ritchie is going or staying. Anything is better than nothing.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 pm What a truly irritating thread this is . Richie is going nowhere. Thank God he will still be our manager next season because we need him here to push us on to the next level.
I have some bad news for you. Our level is top half L1.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:45 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 pm What a truly irritating thread this is . Richie is going nowhere. Thank God he will still be our manager next season because we need him here to push us on to the next level.
A Scottish Luton fan said this a couple of seasons back about Luton
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

For me two things are self-evident:

1) Wellens is a good manager for us.

2) Failing an emergency, he should have been at the Star Man Function.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I disagree . It wasn't that long ago we were only one or two penalties away from the Championship in 2014.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:10 pm
I disagree . It wasn't that long ago we were only one or two penalties away from the Championship in 2014.
The 13/14 team would shred us into very little pieces.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 pm

I agree . That Orient team had no weaknesses . On the day at Wembley I think we were just unlucky .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm

I agree . That Orient team had no weaknesses . On the day at Wembley I think we were just unlucky .
Yes his full name was Unlucky Jones.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm

Yes his full name was Unlucky Jones Baudry-Dagnall
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

It wasn't that long ago we were in the National League.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Does not compute, totally unacceptable.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Well I have a mate who works at the ticket office and he has told me that it’s a done deal I hope not
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Yeah - I think the club should be more transparent in its dealings with fans- would it hurt them to state that Wellens is in discussions with another club, if that is the case? We can read that he is favourite for the post on betting forums. If he does go, he goes - no need to exacerbate the situation by refusing to communicate with fans.

Or have I got it wrong?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 am Yeah - I think the club should be more transparent in its dealings with fans- would it hurt them to state that Wellens is in discussions with another club, if that is the case? We can read that he is favourite for the post on betting forums. If he does go, he goes - no need to exacerbate the situation by refusing to communicate with fans.

Or have I got it wrong?
The fans are exacerbating it. The club and Wellens have nothing to say and don’t owe it to the fans to clarify anything.

If they won’t come out with a statement about Coley Parry, they’re not going to say anything about Wellens.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Joe Edwards the guy who got bombed out at Millwall isn’t a bad shout. Didn’t work out at Millwall but he would have learnt a lot and impressive CV for someone so young. Londoner as well.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

faith1234 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:27 am Well I have a mate who works at the ticket office and he has told me that it’s a done deal I hope not
Almost an epiphany of grammar and punctuation.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 am Yeah - I think the club should be more transparent in its dealings with fans- would it hurt them to state that Wellens is in discussions with another club, if that is the case? We can read that he is favourite for the post on betting forums. If he does go, he goes - no need to exacerbate the situation by refusing to communicate with fans.

Or have I got it wrong?
Imagine if the club had to put out a statement every time a complete half arsed rumour kicked off. It'd be ridiculous. This is partly of their own making by releasing an interview implying the manager might be off, but there hasn't been a single credible person making the link to Barnsley.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:54 am

Or have I got it wrong?
The fans are exacerbating it. The club and Wellens have nothing to say and don’t owe it to the fans to clarify anything.

If they won’t come out with a statement about Coley Parry, they’re not going to say anything about Wellens.
It's understandable that the fans are exacerbating it. The manager not turning up at the end of season awards do being completely ignored by everyone at the club can only mean one thing, something is up (as mentioned in the interview with MH last week).

The club have nothing to gain from telling us what's going on at the moment.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:11 am

Or have I got it wrong?

It's understandable that the fans are exacerbating it. The manager not turning up at the end of season awards do being completely ignored by everyone at the club can only mean one thing, something is up (as mentioned in the interview with MH last week).

No matter what the club say, it won’t be enough for a lot of the fans. There’s a weird inferiority complex.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:11 am

Or have I got it wrong?
Imagine if the club had to put out a statement every time a complete half arsed rumour kicked off. It'd be ridiculous. This is partly of their own making by releasing an interview implying the manager might be off, but there hasn't been a single credible person making the link to Barnsley.
Not sure you can call it a half arsed rumour when he is 1-4 on to get the job now. In betting terms that’s a done deal. Hope it don’t happen of course.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Or have I got it wrong?
Oh come on.

Whether it's Barnsley or not, manager not attending the end of season awards being totally ignored by everyone is more than a half arsed rumour.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:14 am

No matter what the club say, it won’t be enough for a lot of the fans. There’s a weird inferiority complex.
The club are the ones that bang on about how transparent they are, not us.

If there was nothing up - if Richie was ill, had a prior engagement or whatever and couldn't attend the end of season awards do, it would have been mentioned on the night.

There is clearly something up. I'm not expecting the club to give an announcement at this time whilst they're dealing with the situation.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:15 am

Or have I got it wrong?
Not sure you can call it a half arsed rumour when he is 1-4 on to get the job now. In betting terms that’s a done deal. Hope it don’t happen of course.
Lower league manager betting markets are absolutely minute. All it'd take is a few people piling in on it after reading threads like this for a bookies to change their odds accordingly. Barnsley have already had a 1-4 favourite candidate who's not been appointed, its a nonsense.

I'd wait for a vaguely reputable journalist to endorse the rumor. A Barnsley FC journo has already said there's nothing in it, Edwards for the telegraph who's an O's fan has basically said the same.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:14 am

The club are the ones that bang on about how transparent they are, not us.

If there was nothing up - if Richie was ill, had a prior engagement or whatever and couldn't attend the end of season awards do, it would have been mentioned on the night.

There is clearly something up. I'm not expecting the club to give an announcement at this time whilst they're dealing with the situation.
Relentless.

It can be both true that something is up and that there's also nothing to this Barnsley link.