Released Players

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Re: Released Players

Post by Fellowo »

Am surprised Hunt has been let go seeing as he was specifically brought in by Richie.

Saying that, was the right decision as I think he struggled somewhat at this level.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

DrWindy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:48 pm Disappointed Rob Hunt has been released. Very decent pro who never let us down. I wish him well.
Probably off to Barnsley?
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Fellowo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm Am surprised Hunt has been let go seeing as he was specifically brought in by Richie.

Saying that, was the right decision as I think he struggled somewhat at this level.
I don’t disagree. With a fully fit squad Rob Hunt won’t make many supporters first eleven but he’s been a really decent squad player. I’m disappointed to see him go but understand the decision.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

We need better for a L1 promotion push. Wish him well and sure he'll get fixed up with a decent L2 club sharpish but it's the right call.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Fellowo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm Am surprised Hunt has been let go seeing as he was specifically brought in by Richie.

It's the kind of tough decision that's needed this summer to progress the squad. Hopefully should allow us to bring in a faster player in that position.

Appreciation to Hunt for his role in the League 2 title squad, a good honest pro who I'm sure all would send best wishes to for the future.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

if the manager was going I doubt if they would have released players & offered contracts. Would have waited until new person in place. I believe contracts run until end of June anyway
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

The new manager has a lot of key loan players to replace.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I'm surprised to see Rob Hunt going . I thought he was a good player . Also I'm disappointed to see it looks like we're going to be stuck with Pigott for next season He is no where good enough if we want to challenge for promotion . He even had to be told by Ruel recently when to press during a game . He can't run , jump , hold the ball up or score . He's not the type of number 9 we need .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Also Ethan Light, what a waste of wages never even got near the first team, what was that move all about
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

DrWindy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:48 pm Disappointed Rob Hunt has been released. Very decent pro who never let us down. I wish him well.
Prepared to be shot down in flames, personally I thought Rob Hunt was the best of the three (James & Sweeney) at actually defending, but offered little going forwards. Always felt comfortable with Hunt left on the halfway line when we take corners.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:27 pm The new manager has a lot of key loan players to replace.
There is not & will not be a new manager
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Surprised they’ve released Hunt. He’s the sort of player they would have kept around the squad in years gone by and I probably would have kept him for the squad.

Shows the club is serious about bringing better quality in. Also opens the door for Sweeney to be given more games
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm I'm surprised to see Rob Hunt going . I thought he was a good player . Also I'm disappointed to see it looks like we're going to be stuck with Pigott for next season He is no where good enough if we want to challenge for promotion . He even had to be told by Ruel recently when to press during a game . He can't run , jump , hold the ball up or score . He's not the type of number 9 we need .
Pigott is under contract. Do you have £150,000 to pay him off?
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Lifelongfan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm I'm surprised to see Rob Hunt going . I thought he was a good player . Also I'm disappointed to see it looks like we're going to be stuck with Pigott for next season He is no where good enough if we want to challenge for promotion . He even had to be told by Ruel recently when to press during a game . He can't run , jump , hold the ball up or score . He's not the type of number 9 we need .
I suspect he will go out on loan, and maybe we'll get a fraction of his salary back. I think it has been made clear to him, that he will have limited first team opportunities if he remains.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Lifelongfan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm
I know . That is what's disappointing. However when two youngsters with no EFL experience can get on in front of him it's clear he hasn't got a future at Orient . It's best for Pigott to move on and start afresh somewhere else .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Hunt was capable back up for two positions so surprised he's been let go. Interesting to see what type of full back we target as a replacement.

Pratley looks absolutely exhausted even when he comes off the bench so a little surprised to see him be offered a playing deal. But if he covers Harold's coaching role as well then guess no harm to having him there as experience cover.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm Surprised they’ve released Hunt. He’s the sort of player they would have kept around the squad in years gone by and I probably would have kept him for the squad.

Shows the club is serious about bringing better quality in. Also opens the door for Sweeney to be given more games
We will almost certainly be looking to bring in a quality full back as a replacement. I wouldn't expect Sweeney to play regularly next season if we are looking to progress, okay as occasional cover.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Shows El Miz as being returned to parent club. Hopefully negotiations to keep him are happening.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm Surprised they’ve released Hunt. He’s the sort of player they would have kept around the squad in years gone by and I probably would have kept him for the squad.

We will almost certainly be looking to bring in a quality full back as a replacement. I wouldn't expect Sweeney to play regularly next season if we are looking to progress, okay as occasional cover.
Is Sweeney better than Hunt . ? Personally I don't think he is .
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 pm

He’s miles better going forward and has much more potential as of today
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BoniO wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm Shows El Miz as being returned to parent club. Hopefully negotiations to keep him are happening.
Fingers crossed BoniO because Idris has become a very important member of our team .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 pm Also Ethan Light, what a waste of wages never even got near the first team, what was that move all about
Much publicized when he joined and has been on loan to various lower level clubs, he joined the Os from Burnham FC.
https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk ... t-way.html
Also https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... -to-ranks/
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:10 pm

Fair enough . I wonder who will be the new incoming LB .
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Ethan Light signed in January 2023 seen as long term development player, signed on 18 month contract by the clubs recruitment team.
Yet another reason why RW alone should choose and have the final say on all incoming players .
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:10 pm

Can't go past a player, but I agree he's great at running down the line, and then checking back to pass to some one behind. Also good at making last ditch tackles to resolve his own cock ups.