Released Players

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Released Players

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:39 pm Ethan Light signed in January 2023 seen as long term development player, signed on 18 month contract by the clubs recruitment team.
Yet another reason why RW alone should choose and have the final say on all incoming players .
I completely agree .
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Lifelongfan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm I'm surprised to see Rob Hunt going . I thought he was a good player . Also I'm disappointed to see it looks like we're going to be stuck with Pigott for next season He is no where good enough if we want to challenge for promotion . He even had to be told by Ruel recently when to press during a game . He can't run , jump , hold the ball up or score . He's not the type of number 9 we need .
Pigott is under contract. Do you have £150,000 to pay him off?
Another massive cock up by the so called transfer committee.
That is why RW must choose the players he wants to be at the club and the transfer committee have no say at all.
Wasting money that could have been spent on quality that RW could have chosen.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:39 pm Ethan Light signed in January 2023 seen as long term development player, signed on 18 month contract by the clubs recruitment team.
Yet another reason why RW alone should choose and have the final say on all incoming players .
Because a youth didnt develop? Right-o.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm
Lifelongfan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm I'm surprised to see Rob Hunt going . I thought he was a good player . Also I'm disappointed to see it looks like we're going to be stuck with Pigott for next season He is no where good enough if we want to challenge for promotion . He even had to be told by Ruel recently when to press during a game . He can't run , jump , hold the ball up or score . He's not the type of number 9 we need .
Pigott is under contract. Do you have £150,000 to pay him off?
Another massive cock up by the so called transfer committee.
That is why RW must choose the players he wants to be at the club and the transfer committee have no say at all.
Wasting money that could have been spent on quality that RW could have chosen.
There isn't and hasn't been a committee for years. How do these myths keep going.

Also worth noting that Wellens sure as hell wasn't the one who found Mizouni, nor was he the one who brought in most of the promotion squad. The bias towards focusing on poor signings whilst overlooking the good ones is silly.
Last edited by Mistadobalina on Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Its always a gamble with youngsters. No-one really knows how they are going to progress or go backwards. Even Premier League clubs let lots of youngsters go at this lime of the season. RW cant view every young prospect that the scouts spot.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Hunt and Thompson the only senior pros to go, doesnt free up much budget.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm Hunt and Thompson the only senior pros to go, doesnt free up much budget.
Maybe they will try to persuade players like Moncur and Pigott to move somewhere on loan just to get some minutes on the pitch and hopefully attract new clubs, ‘cos I don’t see them getting much game time with us next season.
I think Moncur is our highest earner so that should free up some money.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:32 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm Hunt and Thompson the only senior pros to go, doesnt free up much budget.
Maybe they will try to persuade players like Moncur and Pigott to move somewhere on loan just to get some minutes on the pitch and hopefully attract new clubs, ‘cos I don’t see them getting much game time with us next season.
I think Moncur is our highest earner so that should free up some money.
There is a good player in Moncur but he doesn't seem to be able to last the full 90 + minutes . I'm 50/50 about him but he is one of our highest earners . Pigott started off mediocre and I was really hoping he would improve but he's gone backwards . He's had so many chances but has shown us nothing all season.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Ludicrous opinion
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

RW craves success and wants proven experienced players, not unproven youngsters. Proven players are expensive, and Orients budget is limited, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, its a gamble, which unfortunately did not come not come off in Ethan's case. Other punts such as Ollie O'Neill nothing to do with RW, have proven more successful.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:58 pm
RW craves success and wants proven experienced players, not unproven youngsters. Proven players are expensive, and Orients budget is limited, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, its a gamble, which unfortunately did not come off in Ethan's case. Other punts such as Ollie O'Neill nothing to do with RW, have proven more successful.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Surprised Salford have released Matt Smith, scored 25 goals this season. A bit of a lump similar to Harry, who might not fit the RW run around and press style. That said RW sung his praises when we played them last season.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Yet... no guarantee any of the ones offered contracts will sign
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 pm Surprised Salford have released Matt Smith, scored 25 goals this season. A bit of a lump similar to Harry, who might not fit the RW run around and press style. That said RW sung his praises when we played them last season.
Well we signed Pigott who also doesn't fit in with RW run around and press style . Especially when Pigott doesn't even know how or when to press.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:41 pm
You could say the same thing about players at other clubs . Every club is in the same position . However my impression is players like it at Orient so I think we have a very good chance of keeping all the players we want . As always time will tell .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 pm Surprised Salford have released Matt Smith, scored 25 goals this season. A bit of a lump similar to Harry, who might not fit the RW run around and press style. That said RW sung his praises when we played them last season.
I really like him as a player but as you say not really RW's type of forward.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:47 pm
You could say the same thing about players at other clubs . Every club is in the same position . However my impression is players like it at Orient so I think we have a very good chance of keeping all the players we want . As always time will tell .
Can’t see any of them signing until the manager situation is sorted….
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:47 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:47 pm

Can’t see any of them signing until the manager situation is sorted….
:lol: Nice try Hoover . You know what buttons to press but not on this occasion old chap .
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:44 pm
I really like him as a player but as you say not really RW's type of forward.
And he 35 years old.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Disappointed that Pigott and Moncur haven't been put on the transfer list.

What's the point in offering Pratley a contract, what are we going to get out of him next season, 10 games at best, and his wages are not going to be cheap. Would rather us use that on a youngster with potential,
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

As good as Galbraith, Obiero, and Brown might be, they are just young kids. Game against Shrewsbury changed markedly when Pratley left the field. I accept El Mizouni is also young, but he is advanced for his years and can handle himself. If El Mizouni doesn't return, we definitely need an experienced player of the Pratley ilk in the squad, not necessarily playing every minute. Would be surprised if a player at Pratley's age can command the salary he once did. The last thing we need is another youngster in midfield.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:50 am As good as Galbraith, Obiero, and Brown might be, they are just young kids. Game against Shrewsbury changed markedly when Pratley left the field. I accept El Mizouni is also young, but he is advanced for his years and can handle himself. If El Mizouni doesn't return, we definitely need an experienced player of the Pratley ilk in the squad, not necessarily playing every minute. Would be surprised if a player at Pratley's age can command the salary he once did. The last thing we need is another youngster in midfield.
Brown, El Miz and Galbraith are 23, while young, you wouldn't class them as youngsters any more.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:40 am
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:50 am As good as Galbraith, Obiero, and Brown might be, they are just young kids. Game against Shrewsbury changed markedly when Pratley left the field. I accept El Mizouni is also young, but he is advanced for his years and can handle himself. If El Mizouni doesn't return, we definitely need an experienced player of the Pratley ilk in the squad, not necessarily playing every minute. Would be surprised if a player at Pratley's age can command the salary he once did. The last thing we need is another youngster in midfield.
Brown, El Miz and Galbraith are 23, while young, you wouldn't class them as youngsters any more.
23 is still young. You wouldn’t want a team of 23 year olds. You need some experience and know how out there. And as Richie keeps saying, even our older players are inexperienced at this level.

Pratley has shown time and time again this season how much we need that knowledge out there.

There’s Obeiro (19) and Sanders (25) in the mix too.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 pm
DrWindy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:48 pm Disappointed Rob Hunt has been released. Very decent pro who never let us down. I wish him well.
Prepared to be shot down in flames, personally I thought Rob Hunt was the best of the three (James & Sweeney) at actually defending, but offered little going forwards. Always felt comfortable with Hunt left on the halfway line when we take corners.
In my view, TJ at his best is by far the better player.

Sweeney has age on his side. I think he’s inferior to Hunt and James. He needs a really good season coming to show his value otherwise I think he’ll be under pressure. I’m hoping Sweeney can kick on.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

The thing Sweeney does have over both the others is energy.