Current squad players you want to keep

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Frogger
Fresh Alias

Current squad players you want to keep

Post by Frogger »

With a few contracts up for renewal this summer. Which players would you keep?

My preference:
Ruel Sotiriou
Jake Simpson
Idris (if we have the budget)
Tom James
Theo
Forde
Obiero

Prats to replace Matty Harold.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Current squad players you want to keep

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

James
Happe
Beckles
Cooper (depth)
Sweeney
Theo
O’Neill
Graham
Brown
Ageyi
Sotiriou
Galbraith
Obeiro
Forde
El miz
Sanders

Despite the current hysteria on here, we’ve got a very good core group that needs supplementing with additional quality in depth
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:24 am James
Happe
Beckles
Cooper (depth)
Sweeney
Theo
O’Neill
Graham
Brown
Ageyi
Sotiriou
Galbraith
Obeiro
Forde
El miz
Sanders

Despite the current hysteria on here, we’ve got a very good core group that needs supplementing with additional quality in depth
I would include Smpson and knock out Sanders. He is not good enough for this level. Soft touch
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Big question will be whether we can get Mizouni back and if not, who his replacement would be.

We also need to find the budget for a new no.9 to compete with Ageyi, a new number 10 who can stay fit and score, a new left back and a new keeper. We'll also have to find someone to do the Forde role of covering multiple forward positions. That'd mean likely getting rid of Hunt, Moncur, Piggott and Pratley moving into a coaching position.

We're not far off from having a play off quality squad imo, but the keeper, Mizouni and no 10 role signings will be key. And whether Ageyi can actually stay fit.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Frogger wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:58 am With a few contracts up for renewal this summer. Which players would you keep?

My preference:
Ruel Sotiriou
Jake Simpson
Idris (if we have the budget)
Tom James
Theo
Forde
Obiero

Prats to replace Matty Harold.
Basically this with minor tweaks. The GK and CDM (El Miz) role are crucial signings. Got to get those right.

James / Hunt perhaps keep one of the two as cover but with two new starters coming in

Sotiriou only if he's happy with the "super sub" role as we need two new strikers in place of Pigott and Drinan

Theo 1 year contract to prove fitness with second year option in our favour

Try and move on Pigott, Moncur and Sweeney (loan or perm) of the players we have under contract
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

We aren't going to have 4/5 no.9s. It'll be Ageyi, a new out and out striker to compete with Ageyi, a Forde type young loanee and Ruel filling in when needed.

Ageyi being used as a no. 9 allowed us to shift some budget into signing another wide player, our depth on the wings is pretty strong if you compare to last season. We've essentially had 6/7 starting quality players capable of playing out wide on our books this year, the issue has been 3 of them have been crocked for long periods.
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Why the obsession with making Pratley Harrold’s replacement?

Surely there are better coaches going round.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Not sure I'd keep James, he plays like a footballer who secretly wishes he was an accountant.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Think there going to have to think long and hard about Happe and Theo. Theo will probably miss most off next season and Happe never plays more than a third of a season no matter what. I think we will get El Miz Wellens loves him and I bet he’s put that one to the board. Sweeny is to weak.Moncur can’t even walk. Ruel would be as a back up striker and Sanders is a sick note as well.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

In order for new quality players, we have to ship out some of the squad we now have. I would get rid of.........

Pigott, no where near league 1 quality
Sweeney, Not a league 1player
James, Each season hes been here, hes got a little less effective. He doesn't look interested either
Hunt, a league 2 player
Moncur, Never fit enough to play many games, and ineffective in league 1
Sanders, Again like Moncs, never seems to stay fit.

In order to keep Richie, the days of cheap 'average' signings must be gone. Pigotts replacement must be quality, and so must Moncurs replacement.

We must break the bank to sign El Miz, no one at the club currently, has his quality, and a new keeper

The debacle that happened in January mustnt happen again, or Richie will walk
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Core
Galbraith, Beckles, Cooper, Brown, O’Neill, Graham, Agyei, (7)
Reserves Byrne, Howes, Sodje, Pegrum (4)

Under contract but sell
Pigott,Moncur Sanders Sweeney

Out of contract, release
James, Hunt,Happe, Pratley

Out of contract offer new ones
Sotiriou ,Obiero, Theo, Simpson

Loan players
Brynn
El Miz
Forde
Adjei
Edwards

Try to sign El Miz, Forde.

I believe when Theo went for his op a contract extension was agreed. El Miz likely to sign. Prats is probably in with a shout of the coaching role, perhaps also registering as a player.

There could be up to 17 moved this break. This is an absolutely crucial window and will be a test of our ambitions.
Last edited by PKM on Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

ChorizO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:15 am Why the obsession with making Pratley Harrold’s replacement?

If you purely looked at Pratley's value as minutes played this season you'd think he's prime for replacement this summer. However he brings a leadership value as well you can't quantify numerically.

The way it's worked out he could stay at the club as he is an excellent pro and someone who can guide the young squad whilst also giving us chance to get someone in his CM spot who can play the full season. Win-win and RW has already given him a game or two in the dugout so must be something Pratley has thought about.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

We've had a lot of depth at central midfield this season so there's an argument to be made that Pratley's wage would be better used on a new full back signing, so Galbraith doesn't have to cover there again. But at the same time Pratley is our only out and out ball winning midfielder that can effectively shut a game down and scrap when needed.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:32 am We've had a lot of depth at central midfield this season so there's an argument to be made that Pratley's wage would be better used on a new full back signing, so Galbraith doesn't have to cover there again. But at the same time Pratley is our only out and out ball winning midfielder that can effectively shut a game down and scrap when needed.
Apart from El Miz we don't have anyone who can dominate though. Brown is just Clay Mk2 and Galbraith is better used further upfield with that shot he's got on him.

Sanders was meant to play far more of a role but he's been a real letdown, will he be here next season or moved on?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Sanders hasn't managed to stay fit enough to make a real judgment on whether he's good. He's had a few decent games and if he can stay clear of injuries I think he's a good depth option.

With Brown it's tricky. He's progressed a lot this season and if he continues on that trajectory he'll be starting quality. But he's not good enough currently to rely upon as first choice.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

My seat neighbour spoke to Theo in the Gallery at half time yesterday and he supposedly said that he hasn’t started talking about a new contract yet. He also supposedly said ML is usually slow to talk to out of contract players. But Theo wants to stay.
Make of all that what you want to.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:42 am Big question will be whether we can get Mizouni back and if not, who his replacement would be.

We also need to find the budget for a new no.9 to compete with Ageyi, a new number 10 who can stay fit and score, a new left back and a new keeper. We'll also have to find someone to do the Forde role of covering multiple forward positions. That'd mean likely getting rid of Hunt, Moncur, Piggott and Pratley moving into a coaching position.

We're not far off from having a play off quality squad imo, but the keeper, Mizouni and no 10 role signings will be key. And whether Ageyi can actually stay fit.
I think we will fill the number 10 role in house, even if moncur goes. Galbraith could be first choice there but we also have Sanders and Ruel who can do a job, and potentially Ageyi too.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Wellens is on record as wanting someone new for that position. I like Galbraith, but he's not a goal threat and a lack of contributions from midfield has been one of the biggest issues we've had.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Everyone on here thinks it’s our choice if El Miz comes here. Firstly , Ipswich will have to let him go , and secondly , most big clubs above us will also be looking at him. I doubt he will choose us. There is no guarantee that either Theo or Graham will reach the heights again and even if they do , they will be replacements for O’Neill when he tires. Now that Simpson has been rehabbed back into football , I suspect a championship side to take him. Again , unlikely he will stay with us.
If Happe and Ruel decide to go as they have been threatening to for years , I would say that we are going to be in a heap of trouble.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I'd only like to see Pigott leave and there's a question mark over Moncur . Apart from that I hope they all stay plus El-Miz and Forde coming back either on loan again or permanently .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ChorizO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:15 am Why the obsession with making Pratley Harrold’s replacement?

Because he would make a perfect replacement for Matt . He has a wealth of experience and already knows the club and players inside out . Darren is now 38 so maybe it's time to think about taking up a coaching position . Anyway that's a decision for Darren to make .
Whitey19
Fresh Alias

Post by Whitey19 »

GK- Howes plus experienced vocal no1
FB- I’d keep James providing he wasn’t asking for too much. Hunt can go for me. Sweeney needs a season on loan. Definite new LB
CB-Beckles Cooper Simpson extend deal Happe new deal hopefully
CM- El Miz hopefully but unlikely for me.Brown gives you a solid 7/10 most weeks. Obiero would definitely get a new deal for me and game time next year. Sanders hit and miss definitely replaceable. Moncur has to go doesn’t score create tackle run complete passenger. Pratley I’d keep on low wages only
Wide- Graham O’Neil Archibald Forde not sure. Have t liked his attitude the last 6 weeks or so. Form has completely gone
CF Obviously Ageyi Sortriou Piggott move on just hasn’t worked along with the 2 young lads

In the summer 1GK at least 1FB 2CM 1 winger 1CF
Only 2/3 players off a squad that really could achysomething
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

EliotNes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:36 pm My seat neighbour spoke to Theo in the Gallery at half time yesterday and he supposedly said that he hasn’t started talking about a new contract yet. He also supposedly said ML is usually slow to talk to out of contract players. But Theo wants to stay.
Martin Ling being slow . That's the usual problem .
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

EliotNes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:36 pm My seat neighbour spoke to Theo in the Gallery at half time yesterday and he supposedly said that he hasn’t started talking about a new contract yet. He also supposedly said ML is usually slow to talk to out of contract players. But Theo wants to stay.
Thanks I make absolutely nothing of it 🙂
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:22 pm
Thanks I make absolutely nothing of it 🙂
Theo has made it clear that he is out for at least 9 months. Discount him for next season