Anyone think Richie might be off?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Anyone think Richie might be off?

Post by Hoover Attack »

North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:49 pm Mylo, I trust you mate, Ritchie ain't going anywhere, just a couple on here scaremongering.
Also El Mizoni will be with us next season aswell.
Watch this space.
That is a bold claim….
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Wellens is an odd one. He’s done a job here for sure, but it does seem like he’s never really been content with it here. I don’t think he’s very likeable and has a knack for rubbing people up the wrong way, including his employers.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he he left in the summer, tbh.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Did nobody else watch Kent Teagues interview yesterday?
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Hoover Attack, what Ritchie, El Mizoni or both?
Cardiff have approached the club about Ritchie & he & the club have said No.
Mizoni wants to stay here as he loves the club & lives locally & said he is not interested in moving.
Barnsley tried to sign him in January & again he wasn't interested.
He will be here next season.
The only thing with Ritchie is Bolton are rumoured to be interested if they don't go up which would suit him but I still think he'll be here next season as the board have backed him & he's happy here.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:26 pm Hoover Attack, what Ritchie, El Mizoni or both?
Mizoni wants to stay here as he loves the club & lives locally & said he is not interested in moving.
The only thing with Ritchie is Bolton are rumoured to be interested if they don't go up which would suit him but I still think he'll be here next season as the board have backed him & he's happy here.
I meant El Miz.

Really hope you’re right, you sound very well informed.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:42 pm
North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:26 pm Hoover Attack, what Ritchie, El Mizoni or both?
I meant El Miz.

Really hope you’re right, you sound very well informed.
We will sign El Miz
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:49 pm Mylo, I trust you mate, Ritchie ain't going anywhere, just a couple on here scaremongering.
Watch this space.
Not scaremongering just my opinion and as I’ve always said,I hope I’m wrong.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:33 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:22 pm
Beradogs wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:04 pm Just a hunch. Seems gutted that Matt Harold is leaving. Seems completely peed off with some of the players. Seems angry with the lack of backing in January and talks about how next season this league is going to be (much) tougher.
Careful dogs your upset people on here with that sort of talk,I said this months ago and got plenty of negative and abusive replies for saying such a thing. But there again I said Jacket wouldn’t last and got chucked off a board for it. Of course he will go if he gets a better offer,and he will.
If Richie left for a big Championship club then that's fair enough but if he left simply because we couldn't match his ambitions that would be hard to swallow .
He is very ambitious and he will not settle for another season like we have had. The fans at the beginning of th season would have be en very pleased to be in the position we are. The run we had after Christmas was superb but we didnot get the right players in the window. I think Richie has not extended his contract yet because he might be waiting till the end of the season to see if there are any offers elsewhere. It is very important that players. like Ruel and Happe stay. The loanees will go back to their clubs. We must try and sign El Miz. Players like Piggot Moncur Hunt and even Sanders should leave.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Stowaway wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:00 pm Wellens is an odd one. He’s done a job here for sure, but it does seem like he’s never really been content with it here. I don’t think he’s very likeable and has a knack for rubbing people up the wrong way, including his employers.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he he left in the summer, tbh.
I actually disagree. I find him likeable and enjoy his sarcastic ways. Anyway, let’s see. Hope he stays of course.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

I love RW, but he is not the most successful manager out there yet. If clubs want a manager with promotion success on their CV there are better options out there
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Story of O wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:35 am I love RW, but he is not the most successful manager out there yet. If clubs want a manager with promotion success on their CV there are better options out there
Yeah but Rotherham already snapped up Stevie Evans
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

moonwalk19 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:22 pm

Careful dogs your upset people on here with that sort of talk,I said this months ago and got plenty of negative and abusive replies for saying such a thing. But there again I said Jacket wouldn’t last and got chucked off a board for it. Of course he will go if he gets a better offer,and he will.
If Richie left for a big Championship club then that's fair enough but if he left simply because we couldn't match his ambitions that would be hard to swallow .
He is very ambitious and he will not settle for another season like we have had. The fans at the beginning of th season would have be en very pleased to be in the position we are. The run we had after Christmas was superb but we didnot get the right players in the window. I think Richie has not extended his contract yet because he might be waiting till the end of the season to see if there are any offers elsewhere. It is very important that players. like Ruel and Happe stay. The loanees will go back to their clubs. We must try and sign El Miz. Players like Piggot Moncur Hunt and even Sanders should leave.
If Bolton don’t go up with their manager I can see them going in for Richie. It’s the type of club he will move for and is close to home.what this space !
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Story of O wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:35 am I love RW, but he is not the most successful manager out there yet. If clubs want a manager with promotion success on their CV there are better options out there
Idiot post of the year.

Come on then, who are these better managers who would come to the O's?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

moonwalk19 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:33 am

If Bolton don’t go up with their manager I can see them going in for Richie. It’s the type of club he will move for and is close to home.what this space !
No chance of Bolton getting rid of Evatt if they don't go up.

Richie is close to signing a contract extension and as detailed elsewhere hoping to relocate his family Essex in the summer.
The wage budget for next season is agreed and was due to be signed off over the weekend while T&T are in the country.
The club hope to announce new Investors over the summer, any new money is likely to be earmarked for capital projects.
We have offered new/improved contracts to Six players one of who is Dan Happe.
Jordan Graham has had a slight set back in his recovery - needed a second operation on his knee last week but not major.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:29 am
Idiot post of the year.

No-one knows who would and wouldn't come to the O's - it depends on what the offer is. Clearly there are more successful managers though, at least 9 of them in League one alone.

That said, I absolutely want Richie to stay, but Evans shows that a contract signed only two months ago means next to nothing.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:56 pm
Watch this space.
That is a bold claim….
And probably truthful
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:41 am
moonwalk19 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:33 am

No chance of Bolton getting rid of Evatt if they don't go up.

Richie is close to signing a contract extension and as detailed elsewhere hoping to relocate his family Essex in the summer.
The wage budget for next season is agreed and was due to be signed off over the weekend while T&T are in the country.
The club hope to announce new Investors over the summer, any new money is likely to be earmarked for capital projects.
We have offered new/improved contracts to Six players one of who is Dan Happe.
Jordan Graham has had a slight set back in his recovery - needed a second operation on his knee last week but not major.

Re 6 players offered new/improved contracts
We know offers have been made to Obiero, Happe, Ruel.
The other three are likely to be
Theo, Simpson and an improved deal to Galbraith.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

o-no wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:45 am
Idiot post of the year.

No-one knows who would and wouldn't come to the O's - it depends on what the offer is. Clearly there are more successful managers though, at least 9 of them in League one alone.

That said, I absolutely want Richie to stay, but Evans shows that a contract signed only two months ago means next to nothing.
Of course it's not the 'idiot post of the year', (the over the top response might be in the running) It's just an emotional reply from someone defending Wellens.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Idiot post of the year.

Missed the point that was being made
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:28 pm With his contract not yet signed either I'm the least confident in keeping him that I have been in a while.

I think much will come down to what calibre of signings come in early in the summer. There's some significant turnover coming in the squad so if he can see we won't be competitive other offers will become far more tempting than this time last year.

One thing for sure, the board won't find a better manager and fit for this club than what Richie has brought so if they're serious about future ambitions he needs full backing.
There’s always a better manager who fits the club, if he goes he didn’t fit did he.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I wouldn't particularly want Wellens to go chiefly because I wouldn't really know who to replace him. I think he is overrated though.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:25 am
Yeah but Rotherham already snapped up Stevie Evans
And this is the boarder who pilloried Simpson :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:26 pm There’s always a better manager who fits the club, if he goes he didn’t fit did he.
My concern would be that the "fit" that now suits Ling and the board would be a middle of the road, low ambition type more focused about bringing through kids to sell than the win-at-all- costs mentality Wellens has.

All comes down to how much the board really want to realise the next stage of ambition to get into the Championship. We'll see over the summer.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:27 pm I wouldn't particularly want Wellens to go chiefly because I wouldn't really know who to replace him. I think he is overrated though.
He’s the best manager we’ve had in my 40+ years.

I’m not sure what people expect someone to achieve in a little over 2 years.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:27 pm I wouldn't particularly want Wellens to go chiefly because I wouldn't really know who to replace him. I think he is overrated though.
Was that a joke ? overrated ? . God, you have a short memory . He lead us to the League Two Championship last season . This season we've been incredibly unlucky with injuries or I'm sure we'd be in the play off spots with a chance of another promotion . Richie is one of the best managers this club has ever had . So no , he's not overrated . He's rated very highly for a reason .