Anyone think Richie might be off?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Re: Anyone think Richie might be off?

Post by Fellowo »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 am
3GO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:33 am An I the only one who thought it was a bit insulting to RW and the players that 90% of the crowd left straight after the final whistle on Saturday?

Is that how we encourage him to stay..
I feel a bit bad about it now, but it was an awful performance which pissed me right off.
Richie acknowledged how many people left in his post match and said along the lines that he didn't blame people after that performance.

I do think more people would have stayed had the players etc came out straightaway and not left us hanging about for a while. Maybe it would have also helped if they mentioned that they were doing an interview with Richie and Nigel.

As for whether Richie will stay, I've been told that a new contract has been agreed. Saying that, it means nothing as it would seem that the days of clubs refusing to let Managers go is a thing of the past.

With the Barnsley job becoming available, obviously this raises concerns that IF the club and Richie are approached then there is a very good chance Richie would accept the offer. My only but, is that he has had his fingers burnt before and as I like to think that we are open and honest with Richie, that may well make him think twice.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 am
3GO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:33 am An I the only one who thought it was a bit insulting to RW and the players that 90% of the crowd left straight after the final whistle on Saturday?

Is that how we encourage him to stay..
I feel a bit bad about it now, but it was an awful performance which pissed me right off.
Pretty funny if people didn't hang around because they were in a sulk. :lol:

As said above, if players had just started walking round straight after the final whistle, there would have been a better response.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why is it funny? What did I miss?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

If people intended to stay and applaud but didn't because they were sulking over that result, that's funny.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No its not.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

It is to me.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

It’s funny to me that people would rather leave than clap the players because a couple of directors were also walking round the pitch
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 am It’s funny to me that people would rather leave than clap the players because a couple of directors were also walking round the pitch
We're not all cap-doffers.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 am It’s funny to me that people would rather leave than clap the players because a couple of directors were also walking round the pitch
I had every intention of staying, but , having to sit through another dire home performance I decided not to. We have been poor at home this year and I am amazed games sell out. How many goals have we scored at home this year in the first half. Not many I bet
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George M wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 am
I had every intention of staying, but , having to sit through another dire home performance I decided not to. We have been poor at home this year and I am amazed games sell out. How many goals have we scored at home this year in the first half. Not many I bet
Best not bother next season then, learn your lesson. Because it will be the same style of football
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 am
Best not bother next season then, learn your lesson. Because it will be the same style of football
I hope not. I am getting fed up with the excuses. Other than miz, who has been in the team for most of the dire home games , and perhaps Theo or Jordan , that team Saturday is the team. You can’t blame injuries for that performance
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

George M wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 pm

I hope not. I am getting fed up with the excuses. Other than miz, who has been in the team for most of the dire home games , and perhaps Theo or Jordan , that team Saturday is the team. You can’t blame injuries for that performance
Aside from our only competent CDM
Aside from at least one first choice winger
Aside from Simpson and Agyei being anywhere near match fit

And on top of that one would hope for upgrades on the current GK, RB and / or LB too
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Think my main point was that the team he put out Saturday was more than capable of beating a team that had not won away for 15 games and were relegated. No excuses needed.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

What ‘excuses’ would satisfy you? Considering we are almost guaranteed a top half finish, spent a lot of the season with something to play for and have had big injuries to key players?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I'm pretty sure Richie isnt Off, I've seen them in the same place at the same time.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

It was a pretty strange order of ceremony to let the Directors come round the pitch first, particularly when one of them is getting exposed as a massive chancer who is a risk to every Club he touches.

I don’t remember Directors taking personal applause ever being much of a thing at Orient before the arrival of the current regime.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Were they applauding us or were we meant to be applauding them?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

OyinbO wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 pm It was a pretty strange order of ceremony to let the Directors come round the pitch first, particularly when one of them is getting exposed as a massive chancer who is a risk to every Club he touches.

I don’t remember Directors taking personal applause ever being much of a thing at Orient before the arrival of the current regime.
Don’t you? A memorable Boxing Day tells me differently…not good company
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:52 pm
OyinbO wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 pm It was a pretty strange order of ceremony to let the Directors come round the pitch first, particularly when one of them is getting exposed as a massive chancer who is a risk to every Club he touches.

Don’t you? A memorable Boxing Day tells me differently…not good company
You couldn’t really describe that as planned and organised.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 pm Were they applauding us or were we meant to be applauding them?
I guess it was supposed to be mutual appreciation.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

The director's walk round the pitch is the new EFL Fit and Proper test.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Constanza wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:01 pm The director's walk round the pitch is the new EFL Fit and Proper test.
Are we allowed to lob rotten fruit and sing scurrilous songs?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:47 pm

What ‘excuses’ would satisfy you? Considering we are almost guaranteed a top half finish, spent a lot of the season with something to play for and have had big injuries to key players?
Quite happy with the finish. Enjoyed the away games. Disappointed with many of the home performances. The teams we had out against the lower sides , injury weakened or not , should have performed better. Hope that sums it up
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Barnsley sack there manager Ricky got to be looked at
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

I suppose ist's kind of understandable that Saturday's performance was not up to scratch. In their own minds some of the players would be thinking of not getting injured, with the summer coming up and also probably the ones going already know it. It is absolutely imperitive that we sign El Miz on a permanent basis no matter what.