Anyone think Richie might be off?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Anyone think Richie might be off?

Post by Beradogs »

Just a hunch. Seems gutted that Matt Harold is leaving. Seems completely peed off with some of the players. Seems angry with the lack of backing in January and talks about how next season this league is going to be (much) tougher.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Re: Anyone think Richie might be off?

Post by MassiveForehead »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:04 pm Just a hunch. Seems gutted that Matt Harold is leaving. Seems completely peed off with some of the players. Seems angry with the lack of backing in January and talks about how next season this league is going to be (much) tougher.
I don't think he'll be off, but a side like Plymouth if they get relegated might be a decent step up for him. However looks like they may just scrape over the line.

His next step up should be with a large L1 side or mid table CH, doubt too many of them will be available at the end of the season. Possibly Huddersfield but they seem a bit of a shambles currently.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:04 pm Just a hunch. Seems gutted that Matt Harold is leaving. Seems completely peed off with some of the players. Seems angry with the lack of backing in January and talks about how next season this league is going to be (much) tougher.
How dramatic.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

With his contract not yet signed either I'm the least confident in keeping him that I have been in a while.

I think much will come down to what calibre of signings come in early in the summer. There's some significant turnover coming in the squad so if he can see we won't be competitive other offers will become far more tempting than this time last year.

One thing for sure, the board won't find a better manager and fit for this club than what Richie has brought so if they're serious about future ambitions he needs full backing.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

I had a quick sniff when I walked past the dugouts. I think it’s Paul Terry who is a bit off to be honest.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I just hope he get’s the right backing this coming summer. I feel sorry for the two PL kids, but Richie must think WTF have we signed these two for ?? I heard that a couple of ‘Northern clubs’ had made approaches last summer, and it wouldn’t surprise me of more come along this summer.
If Nigel and Kent are serious about ‘having a real go’ then it’s even more important this summer to give Richie full backing with proper League One ready players.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

He wants top end League One and that's whether he gets the backing and/or he performs himself, both big things
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

On that performance, what Chairman of a club would want him. He can't keep blaming the players, he sets them up to play like way.

At least 6 times today we were in an attacking position just outside the Fleetwood box and 10-ish seconds and 6 backward passes later it's back with Brynn. Oh well, time to enjoy the late spring and summer.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

EliotNes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm On that performance, what Chairman of a club would want him.
One who can see the bigger picture and what he's achieved with a mediocre budget and no backing in January.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 pm I just hope he get’s the right backing this coming summer. I feel sorry for the two PL kids, but Richie must think WTF have we signed these two for ?? I heard that a couple of ‘Northern clubs’ had made approaches last summer, and it wouldn’t surprise me of more come along this summer.
If Nigel and Kent are serious about ‘having a real go’ then it’s even more important this summer to give Richie full backing with proper League One ready players.
While I agree with you Pigott was supposed to be League One ready yet look what happened . What you should have said was we need League One ready players who will suit our style of play .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

EliotNes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm On that performance, what Chairman of a club would want him. He can't keep blaming the players, he sets them up to play like way.

At least 6 times today we were in an attacking position just outside the Fleetwood box and 10-ish seconds and 6 backward passes later it's back with Brynn. Oh well, time to enjoy the late spring and summer.
You do know he isn’t playing, don’t you
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 pm I just hope he get’s the right backing this coming summer. I feel sorry for the two PL kids, but Richie must think WTF have we signed these two for ?? I heard that a couple of ‘Northern clubs’ had made approaches last summer, and it wouldn’t surprise me of more come along this summer.
I desperately want RW to stay.
In my opinion if he goes it will be totally down to the lack of funds and the terrible signings of Pigott and the two Pl kids who we have on loan.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

I think there may have been a dig at Ling in the interview!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

All the players must be Richie's choice . Not a transfer committee list of names .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:03 pm
I desperately want RW to stay.
In my opinion if he goes it will be totally down to the lack of funds and the terrible signings of Pigott and the two Pl kids who we have on loan.
We all desperately want Richie to stay . It would be hard to take if Richie leaves because we couldn't or wouldn't match his ambition . If the club is serious about wanting a promotion push next season then they must do what Richie wants . Richie is definitely one of the best managers this club has ever had so we must try to match his ambition .
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 pm
While I agree with you Pigott was supposed to be League One ready yet look what happened . What you should have said was we need League One ready players who will suit our style of play .
Yes, agreed, I think Piggy might have been better in the spot behind our main striker, rather than as our main No9 which he’s totally unsuited for. I just hope we aren’t stuck with him next season along with Moncur because nobody else wants them.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Careful dogs your upset people on here with that sort of talk,I said this months ago and got plenty of negative and abusive replies for saying such a thing. But there again I said Jacket wouldn’t last and got chucked off a board for it. Of course he will go if he gets a better offer,and he will.
Mylo Xyloto
Fresh Alias

Post by Mylo Xyloto »

He is not going anywhere, trust me.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:22 pm
Careful dogs your upset people on here with that sort of talk,I said this months ago and got plenty of negative and abusive replies for saying such a thing. But there again I said Jacket wouldn’t last and got chucked off a board for it. Of course he will go if he gets a better offer,and he will.
If Richie left for a big Championship club then that's fair enough but if he left simply because we couldn't match his ambitions that would be hard to swallow .
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Careful dogs your upset people on here with that sort of talk,I said this months ago and got plenty of negative and abusive replies
Rightly so, as you were wrong, he’s still here.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Going to need at a minimum two new starting midfielders to pair with Ethan if Miz goes
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:35 pm
Careful dogs your upset people on here with that sort of talk,I said this months ago and got plenty of negative and abusive replies
Rightly so, as you were wrong, he’s still here.
New season hasn’t started yet.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Mylo Xyloto wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm He is not going anywhere, trust me.
This - and I would be very surprised if Ritchie's new deal was not signed before the Shrewsbury game. In fact, if I could get a bet on it at the bookies then I would.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

He is looking for a house in Essex. Going nowhere
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Mylo, I trust you mate, Ritchie ain't going anywhere, just a couple on here scaremongering.
Also El Mizoni will be with us next season aswell.
Watch this space.