Batsh*t Thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Batsh*t Thread

Post by The Mindsweep »

I'll start

Mickys Bullock
Fresh Alias

Re: Batsh*t Thread

Post by Mickys Bullock »

So what are your theories about Covid then, the one that your corrupt government and their BBC mouthpiece told you?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Interesting that you immediately focus on COVID, rather than engage with the part about Johan Cryuff being alive and well and in witness protection waiting to tell the World "the truth".
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

“What are your theories about covid then?” is a brilliantly telling question
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Sad the road Le Tissier has gone down

I am of the opinion the lab leak theory is most plausible now though
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Worth a watch in the light of what the Cass report has found

CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 am Sad the road Le Tissier has gone down

It always was the most plausible, really. That aspect of covid is very revealing of how things that may or may not have happened can be politicised in advance: it became “right wing” to give credibility to the possibility a lab leak. I myself definitely leaned towards the idea of it emerging from a market, mostly because of how the lab leak was only really shown in the media as ravings of MAGA types. The reality is that theres no inherent political underpinning in “maybe this virus came out of the lab what is in the same place the virus came from?”
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

CEB wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 am
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 am Sad the road Le Tissier has gone down

It always was the most plausible, really. That aspect of covid is very revealing of how things that may or may not have happened can be politicised in advance: it became “right wing” to give credibility to the possibility a lab leak. I myself definitely leaned towards the idea of it emerging from a market, mostly because of how the lab leak was only really shown in the media as ravings of MAGA types. The reality is that theres no inherent political underpinning in “maybe this virus came out of the lab what is in the same place the virus came from?”
Yeah, the CCP got lucky that any blame of them could be written off as MAGA conspiracy theory early on. Now it feels like we’ve all decided we’re just not going to talk about 2020-2021 any more

Jon Stewart did a bit on it: “Oh there’s a Novel respiratory coronavirus spreading in Wuhan China. Who can we ask about this? Maybe the Wuhan Novel respiratory coronavirus lab”. :roll:
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Hopefully the headline writers have already got "WHAT A CRYUFF TURN OF EVENTS!" lined up just in case.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Did Dodi and Di Die? Di didn’t Die, do Dodi Did
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Who's actually running all these witness protection schemes anyway, since The Government and The Deep State are all our enemies? Benevolent private companies who are just seeking the truth?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 am Who's actually running all these witness protection schemes anyway, since The Government and The Deep State are all our enemies? Benevolent private companies who are just seeking the truth?
I suspect by companies owned by Liz Truss and Sunaks wife's dad.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

It always was . Funny how the Chinese deep cleaned the lab before the WHO arrived to inspect the place .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

CEB wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 am Did Dodi and Di Die? Di didn’t Die, do Dodi Did
:D
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Mickys Bullock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 am So what are your theories about Covid then, the one that your corrupt government and their BBC mouthpiece told you?
As I’m sat in a cafe, waiting while er indoors has an eye test, and a tad bored, what do you believe Covid was all about?

Left the cafe now - so don’t bother…….
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Matt Ridley's book "Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19" is a good read for anyone interested in the lab leak theory.

He's got some interviews on YouTube too, but since most of the interviewers are from the "far right" they won't appeal to all. The Brendan O'Neill one is worth listening to, even if only for 10 mins when Ridley makes his case.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:09 am
CEB wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 am

Yeah, the CCP got lucky that any blame of them could be written off as MAGA conspiracy theory early on. Now it feels like we’ve all decided we’re just not going to talk about 2020-2021 any more

Jon Stewart did a bit on it: “Oh there’s a Novel respiratory coronavirus spreading in Wuhan China. Who can we ask about this? Maybe the Wuhan Novel respiratory coronavirus lab”. :roll:
Was it luck or was it contrived by the ccp using social media?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

They probably wanted to point at anything that wasn’t themselves and mass/social media gave them an open goal
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Thor was right!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The axis of evil playbook is to spread as many theories as possible so nobody knows what is true,
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

faldO wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:13 am Matt Ridley's book "Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19" is a good read for anyone interested in the lab leak theory.

He's got some interviews on YouTube too, but since most of the interviewers are from the "far right" they won't appeal to all. The Brendan O'Neill one is worth listening to, even if only for 10 mins when Ridley makes his case.
Is this Matt Ridley the Lord Viscount Matthew Ridley one, or a different Matt Ridley?
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Wonder what it was that Cruyff witnessed? Eight years now since he "died". Would have thought the case would have come to court by now. Of course, with a cover up on this scale, we'll probably never hear about it. I imagine Cruyff will be living on a ranch in Wyoming or somewhere, trying to remember not to do a Cruyff turn every time anything spherical rolls towards him
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Just read on Wikipedia that he was cremated within 24 hours of his death. Have to admit, that screams of a cover up. Johan knew too much. Getting the old lung cancer after smoking 50 fags a day for several decades is just a very convenient Big State smokescreen.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

It's interesting that people think there is a building consensus that a lab leak is more likely when actually the overwhelming sciebtific consensus is that the research over the last few years has increased confidence in the likely cause of the outbreak being zoonosis. No one can say it wasn't a lab leak but it's much less likely.

I suppose it just depends whether you think peer reviewed and replicated scientific research carries more weight than a Jon Steeart joke.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Mick McQuaid wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm It's interesting that people think there is a building consensus that a lab leak is more likely when actually the overwhelming sciebtific consensus is that the research over the last few years has increased confidence in the likely cause of the outbreak being zoonosis. No one can say it wasn't a lab leak but it's much less likely.

I suppose it just depends whether you think peer reviewed and replicated scientific research carries more weight than a Jon Steeart joke.
Please post the overwhelming sciebtific [sic] consensus then as I’d love to read it and see whether John Steeart [sic] was wrong.