Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Ratings

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Brynn : 5, butter fingers again. Made a good save in second half, but lately he's letting us down

James: 4 Doesn't seem interested at all. Not offering much at all

Beccles : 7 worked hard all afternoon, one of the few decent performances of the afternoon

Simpson:6 Reasonable performance

Gailbraith :6 works hard, right back not his best position I feel

Brown: 4, not great today, looked like a cart horse compared to Derbys midfield players

Pratley: 8 best Orient player in the pitch today. Belies his age with his non stop running and chasing

Moncur : 4, see Brown

Forde: 5 lots of energy but didn't achieve much

O Neil: 5 was poor by his own recent standard

Edwards: 5, tried hard but not at league 1 level

SUBS

Agyei 5, tried hard but not good enough today against their quality

Sanders 5 see Agyei
Obirio 6 played ok, better than the other mid s apart from Pratley

Hunt not in long enough for a mark
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings

Post by Hedmans Header »

Short and sweet ..

Only Pratley and Galbraith earnt
they wages today …
Thought Obiero looked good when
he come on ..
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I’m guessing Sweeney must be one of players Richie doesn’t think listens to instructions because no one’s benefitting from James seeing out the season at a canter, out of position
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

I think Tom James will go in the summer.
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

The game completely passed Pratley by, he didn't touch the ball second half before being hooked.
Brown was our most committed player, would that Forde, James, Moncur made a modicum of that effort.
3 corners scored from 3 feet out, why even bother with a goalkeeper. TBF Brynn's agent who is a much better judge than me says he will play premier league: I think he omitted a geographical determinant from that sentence.
Q: what do Orient take to every game but is never used?
A: George Moncur
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

CharlieO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:14 pm The game completely passed Pratley by, he didn't touch the ball second half before being hooked.
Brown was our most committed player, would that Forde, James, Moncur made a modicum of that effort.
3 corners scored from 3 feet out, why even bother with a goalkeeper. TBF Brynn's agent who is a much better judge than me says he will play premier league: I think he omitted a geographical determinant from that sentence.
For me Pratley was one of the few players in a Red shirt who actually looked like he cared and put a shift in.
I agree that Brynn was poor today as were our CBs who seemed outmuscled at corners, and we had very little attacking threat at all. We did at least compete in the 2nd half once Dan Agyei came on and Galbraith was moved forward.
The 1st half was poor and we fortunately kept it down to 2-0 at HT
Moncur was again anonymous and rightly hooked in the 2nd half………..thankfully we didn’t have another ‘performance’ by Pigott to contend with as he wasn’t even in the squad.
Simpson looked decent to me though and if Happe goes I think we have a good replacement.
MalvoliO
Fresh Alias

Post by MalvoliO »

I like Tom James. I believe he is a solid player for us. He rarely lets us down defensively and he can play across all positions in the back four and even fill in at CDM. Arguably his best times for us came under Jackett when playing as a wing back before his long-term injury. I hope he stays on.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 pm
CharlieO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:14 pm The game completely passed Pratley by, he didn't touch the ball second half before being hooked.
For me Pratley was one of the few players in a Red shirt who actually looked like he cared and put a shift in.
I agree that Brynn was poor today as were our CBs who seemed outmuscled at corners, and we had very little attacking threat at all. We did at least compete in the 2nd half once Dan Agyei came on and Galbraith was moved forward.
Moncur was again anonymous and rightly hooked in the 2nd half………..thankfully we didn’t have another ‘performance’ by Pigott to contend with as he wasn’t even in the squad.
Simpson looked decent to me though and if Happe goes I think we have a good replacement.
Our CBs were poor but Simpson looked decent?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Orient’s best performance today came from the blow up Mr Blobby doll being tossed around the away end. Didn’t stop for 90 mins.

On the pitch, James’ set pieces were awful. At 20 years old that Edwards kid just ain’t ready for league 1 football. I’ll be astonished if he ever makes an appearance for the Arsenal first team.

Moncur will be a decent asset… to a league 2 squad. Needs to be shifted in the summer. Brown has come along a lot as a player but is completely ineffective against the stronger teams in this division. Decent squad option but if El Miz isn’t signed in the summer we absolutely cannot rely on this guy being the heart of our midfield.

I don’t even think it was a case of being on the beach today. Derby were just significantly stronger than us in practically every way. It felt more like an FA cup 3rd round game than a league fixture.

Ref was absolute trash. County didn’t really need all the help he was giving them.

I’m enjoying these safe standing stadiums though. Stewards seem to really struggle to manage them properly (same issue at Pompy) but fundamentally I think they work well.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Brynn - 4 at fault again. I was happy for him to come back next season but have now changed my mind. We need better if we’re serious about promotion.

Galbraith - 6 not a right back. We have to get him in midfield where he should be. Only played the 10 role for a bit but came as close as anyone to scoring.

James - 5 so much ability but is missing something.

Beckles - 6 couple of brain farts as per usual but otherwise ok. Good for another season as one of the 4.

Simpson - 5 ran of legs understandably, at fault for the third I believe. Going to be a great player for us next season.

Brown - 6 competed in the middle of the park where we more or less matched Derby. But he’s not El Miz.

Pratley - 6 same as Brown. Probably good for another year.

Moncur - 4. Nah mate. Just no point.

Forde - 5. Blew hot and cold.

O’Neil - 6 not at his best.

Edwards - 4. Best performance so far.
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

Forde has now gone 11 games without a goal.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Beckles a 7? Really?! I'd give him 5. Got caught time and time again with balls over the top (James just as bad).

Thought Ageyi looked pretty sharp.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I can understand the performance of some of the guys yesterday. Anyone who has played a team sport at any level for a period of time will know the feeling of knowing you haven’t got the players to win the game.

We didn’t have the players available to win that yesterday. We are safe from relegation and can’t get in the playoffs.

I know we all want our players to run through walls for the club but I think give them a break. On reflection I can understand the showing.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I didn’t mention Zech. I know he wasn’t on for long but looked the part. Totally unshaded by the big stage, organising players around him, demanding the ball. He’s going to be very good for us.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Don’t know how O’Neill gets a 6. Must be goodwill for some of his past performances as he was poor yesterday albeit in a below par team performance. Dare I say it, he’s a bit lightweight and jury still out for me.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:04 am Don’t know how O’Neill gets a 6. Must be goodwill for some of his past performances as he was poor yesterday albeit in a below par team performance. Dare I say it, he’s a bit lightweight and jury still out for me.
Yeah, that’s fair about his rating.

Totally wrong assessment, though. For a smaller youngster playing league football for the first time, he’s fine physically.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:07 pm
Well it was his 1st 90 minutes for about a year or something, so yes, I think, from what I’ve seen so far he’s worth keeping .
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 am I didn’t mention Zech. I know he wasn’t on for long but looked the part. Totally unshaded by the big stage, organising players around him, demanding the ball. He’s going to be very good for us.
I hope so Hoover. Its always good to see talent come through our system. It will be an interesting summer for Zech. Will he grow into the matchday squad on a permanent basis or become content because he's broken through the glass ceiling? I can see him pushing on - and I hope he starts to create expectations of himself.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Zech has got everything going for him (other than size). I can see him featuring regularly next season, possibly further forward.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:53 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:07 pm

Well it was his 1st 90 minutes for about a year or something, so yes, I think, from what I’ve seen so far he’s worth keeping .
I'm querying you saying

I agree that Brynn was poor today as were our CBs

then

Simpson looked decent to me

That's contradictory.

FWIW, I thought our CBs were ok yesterday although Simpson understandably ran out of legs.