Fcuk the EFLLLL - Removing IFollow

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Snowyash
Fresh Alias

Fcuk the EFLLLL - Removing IFollow

Post by Snowyash »

IMG_1532.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg (176.82 KiB) Viewed 944 times
What a joke
Snowyash
Fresh Alias

Re: Fcuk the EFLLLL - Removing IFollow

Post by Snowyash »

Just takes away from fans watching their club play weekly or when they can’t get to games. It’s worth more money but that doesn’t bode well for supporters
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Does this mean they'll be streaming all the games in the UK?
KenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by KenleyO »

From what I understand all non Saturday 3pm kick offs will be available via the red button.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:02 am Does this mean they'll be streaming all the games in the UK?
How many games are there in total, 24 x 23 x 3 = 1,104? So they'll be streaming EVERY single game??? No way!
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

No wonder the club want season tickets sorted quickly!
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... per-season

Per above, existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences will remain in place.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Is there a chance that this could lead to more games having kick offs moved to stupid times to facilitate TV coverage?
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

Per above, existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences will remain in place.
[/quote]

So nothing changes then.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

faldO wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:25 am Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

If there's still international streaming, presumably the club will keep the in house offering going, and we can just watch the 3pm games via a VPN as before?

The streaming offer has zero baring on whether I do a home or away game and allows the club to eek an extra 50-60 quid out of me a season.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:43 am

If there's still international streaming, presumably the club will keep the in house offering going, and we can just watch the 3pm games via a VPN as before?

The streaming offer has zero baring on whether I do a home or away game and allows the club to eek an extra 50-60 quid out of me a season.
This is illegal.

The club should be demanding your details from the mods and taking necessary action against you and anyone else involved in such illegality.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

The Reverend wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am Is there a chance that this could lead to more games having kick offs moved to stupid times to facilitate TV coverage?
Yes
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Reverend wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am Is there a chance that this could lead to more games having kick offs moved to stupid times to facilitate TV coverage?
Yes, definitely.

It obviously won't have as big an impact on us as the top Prem clubs but I can see a couple of games a season being shifted to stupid days/times.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

This is a positive overall but its the match going fans who lose out. We’re paying more to watch the team live and will have travel arrangements significantly changed.

This would actually benefit me in terms of getting time off to go to games but I see the bigger picture.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:46 am

This is illegal.

The club should be demanding your details from the mods and taking necessary action against you and anyone else involved in such illegality.
Its not illegal.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Prove it.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:22 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:02 am Does this mean they'll be streaming all the games in the UK?
How many games are there in total, 24 x 23 x 3 = 1,104? So they'll be streaming EVERY single game??? No way!
They will clog up the interwebnet with no end of poo if they attempt to stream that much. I worry that it will impact on the MBs very existence.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

We’ll have about 4 matches rescheduled. Apparently there’ll be plenty of notice, but I don’t fancy too many Thursday / Sunday combos.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

And that's why when people were cheering for the new TV deal I was of the opposite view. The bit of additional income will get swallowed up in player wages and all that happens is Sky get their stranglehold on TV rights back. Sad times.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

This is illegal.

Demanding personal details and threatening legal action… have you recently joined the team at a certain Orient themed podcast?
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

The new deal means there's a lot more EFL games on TV at all sorts of times. Sky get to use all 3 divisions to fill their schedules.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I fear this will drive more victims into the arms of the dodgy stick merchants who will simply take the international feeds and stream via wobbly firesticks - thereby funding violent crime and international terrorism.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

This is illegal.

It’s not illegal. Against EFL rules, not the law. Providing you are paying the going rate.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

You criminals keep on fooling yourselves you’re not doing anything illegal.
Perry Taul
Fresh Alias

Post by Perry Taul »

Nothing is sacred any more :(