Hmmm!!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

marcho
Fresh Alias

Hmmm!!

Post by marcho »

i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Re: Hmmm!!

Post by i8ubutler »

As you say ............ Hmmmmmm...............
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Different league/organisers
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

If either side needed the points now, it would be replayed. Neither team will be promoted or relegated
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Also obliquely refers to "action against Bath City" which suggests there's slightly more to this.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 am If either side needed the points now, it would be replayed. Neither team will be promoted or relegated
Not true - Bath City are currently in a play off place, this decision will hurt their chances of staying there.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 am If either side needed the points now, it would be replayed. Neither team will be promoted or relegated
That’s not the point,I’m sure many are thinking of the game against Lincoln. Only two minutes to go. Pretty sure the FA is the governing body behind most leagues, they seem to have rules for some and not others.For instance turn your mind back to last season,we played a game (can’t remember who) but the ref blow up prematurely and then played 4 minutes of the first half at the start of the second?? Chelsea and Man City spend money like nobody else but Everton and Forest get points deducted. When coved was on didn’t the FA award a cup game against us? Hypocrisy at its best imo. I know what FA stands for and it’s not the Football Association
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

National League has it's own management committee and league rules they have governance of the National League.

The EFL made the decision our game should be replayed.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:40 am
That’s not the point,I’m sure many are thinking of the game against Lincoln. Only two minutes to go. Pretty sure the FA is the governing body behind most leagues, they seem to have rules for some and not others.For instance turn your mind back to last season,we played a game (can’t remember who) but the ref blow up prematurely and then played 4 minutes of the first half at the start of the second?? Chelsea and Man City spend money like nobody else but Everton and Forest get points deducted. When coved was on didn’t the FA award a cup game against us? Hypocrisy at its best imo. I know what FA stands for and it’s not the Football Association
You've managed to conflate several completely irrelevant issues into one post which still manages to ignore the fact the EPL, EFL and National Leagues are all not directly run by the FA.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 am
You've managed to conflate several completely irrelevant issues into one post which still manages to ignore the fact the EPL, EFL and National Leagues are all not directly run by the FA.
Thanks,well can you tell my other arf,coz she doesn’t seem to think I can manage to do anything.👍
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 am
Not true - Bath City are currently in a play off place, this decision will hurt their chances of staying there.
No it wont. They’re a game in hand and have it in their own hands.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Just get over it.

The EFL rules are the EFL rules. The ref didn’t have to stop the game and the game had to be replayed. Everton and Forest’s deductions are straight forward and not based on 115 different charges. City’s time will come.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:10 am
Just get over it.

The EFL rules are the EFL rules. The ref didn’t have to stop the game and the game had to be replayed. Everton and Forest’s deductions are straight forward and not based on 115 different charges. City’s time will come.
Thanks for the advice,wonder where we would all be without you?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:10 am City’s time will come.
By which point they'll try and have this implemented so they can buy their way out of trouble:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... Forest-FFP

The EPL are denying that it's on the table but money talks...
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:08 am
They don't have a game in hand, they have Torquay at Home this Saturday and Aveley Away the following Saturday. Any one of Hampton, Farnborough Aveley and St Albans can all go above them.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

If we’d been awarded the 3 points from that abandoned Lincoln game we would now be on 65 points. Moving our current league position from 10th to…. 10th
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:11 pm

They don't have a game in hand, they have Torquay at Home this Saturday and Aveley Away the following Saturday. Any one of Hampton, Farnborough Aveley and St Albans can all go above them.
Am I the only one on here who want Torquay back in the EFL?
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:21 pm
No you are not. One of the great away days. Babacombe beach in January is a sight to behold as are the Torquay palm trees. The ground is poo poo mind.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:19 pm If we’d been awarded the 3 points from that abandoned Lincoln game we would now be on 65 points. Moving our current league position from 10th to…. 10th
Correct but what you are missing is that we would have been 3 points closer to the playoffs at Easter than we were and would have been able to approach both games differently.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

It hasn’t only changed the end of our season. It had an impact on many other games and , in particular, the Lincoln and Peterborough games.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

If they keep winning, they stay in the playoffs
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

gshaw wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:59 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:10 am City’s time will come.
By which point they'll try and have this implemented so they can buy their way out of trouble:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... Forest-FFP

The EPL are denying that it's on the table but money talks...
Maybe going forward but I can’t see it affecting historical cases.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Torquay are close to getting relegated to whatever is below the conference south
henry
Fresh Alias

Post by henry »

I am led to believe that the Bath City manager refused to let his player's
back onto the pitch to finish the game !
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Adz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:03 pm

Torquay are close to getting relegated to whatever is below the conference south
As are Dover and Havant & Waterlooville. Both clubs were in the same division as us until relatively recently!