Ollie O’Neill

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Ollie O’Neill

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:20 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 pm The front 6 for next season:
Agyei
ONeill
Graham
Theo
Piggot replacement
Forde replacement
Ruel

That’s 7 players for 6 spots - maybe Ruel will have to make way after all?

(There’s an argument both ONeill and Ruel could do a job at 10, ONeill is definitely cute enough to play there and has a habit of scoring goals).
I'd like us to try and keep Shaq Forde . Probably a season long loan . Out of all those players only Pigott needs replacing . He might be a decent player for another club but he's shot his bolt at Orient . Yet again today 18 year old Edwards with hardly any EFL experience is starting instead of him . That say's it all really . Ta-ta Joe
Forde is showing he’s nowhere near ready for championship football with his recent performances. Another season long L1 loan would be the best thing for him, us and Watford.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Re: Ollie O’Neill

Post by MassiveForehead »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:32 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:20 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:09 pm

Still preferable to paying full wages for someone who is offering practically nothing. Pigott doesn't even make the bench today.

a) where did you get £600 from? Are you Mark Devlin in disguise?
b) Edwards and Adu-Agjei won't be here next season
c) Cooper was already here before January

Next?
It was published what Turns got from us
Where? Genuinely interested if there's a more reliable source of wage stats than TransferMarkt and similar sites

So in summary if you take all the moves into account

Released a full senior pro wage (Thompson)
Released a full senior pro wage (Drinan)
Released a partial pro wage (Turns loan)

Added a full pro wage (O'Neill)
Added a partial wage (Cooper converting from loan to perm)
Signed two cheap kids on loan (Edwards and Adu-Adjei)
Added a partial pro wage (Simpson for a month or two so we're ready if / when Happe leaves in summer)

Once the two kids go back that leaves you with a senior pro wage for summer as we'll still be a striker short in the squad i.e. Drinan's spot and O'Neill, quality as he is won't be playing through the middle upfront.

Numbers from here, the wage bill number adds up to what we were told in the club accounts, in absence of anything better going off those

https://salarysport.com/football/league ... on-orient/
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:20 pm I'd like us to try and keep Shaq Forde . Probably a season long loan . Out of all those players only Pigott needs replacing.
Me too though I suspect he'll get a shot in the Championship next season having impressed with us this year
See the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.