The 02 are thieving bastards.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

The 02 are thieving bastards.

Post by Top of the JES »

Took a small back pack to the game today as I had a convoluted journey. My wife also took a very small one person back pack.

We are now at the O2 to watch Michael McIntyre ( I know not my idea)and they won’t let us in with two small rucksucks £10 each to go in the bag store!
Last edited by Top of the JES on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: The 02 are thriving bastards

Post by Long slender neck »

Did security check the bags? If so, on what grounds are they not allowed? The drink prices there are crazy.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Nope bags are too big for them we told them we were happy for a search and the bags are really small, obviously no mention on tickets etc.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Was there nothing on emails prior to the show? It is a con but I sort of get it after what happened at Manchester arena
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: The 02 are thieving bastards.

Post by LittleMate »

I'd have swerved it. MM ain't that great.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

I've been to see a few comedy acts but I feel they are not worth the price you pay. They were enjoyable, but so would they have been if I had watched them on the TV at home.

A funny bloke with a mic is not enhanced like a gig, where you can get involved by dancing and singing along, or a stage production where there is alot going on.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

If you have an O2 phone I think the cloaks are free along with priority queue. Definitely were last time I went to one of their venues (Brixton Academy)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:57 pm Nope bags are too big for them we told them we were happy for a search and the bags are really small, obviously no mention on tickets etc.
The bags are too big for what?
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

These days you can go to a Stewart Lee live comedy gig and he doesn't even do any jokes.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I noticed the resale tickets were going for about £40. How much did you pay?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Constanza wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:16 pm These days you can go to a Stewart Lee live comedy gig and he doesn't even do any jokes.

A4 or less - I complained to a supervisor and he agreed they are OK said that some of his staff are a bit over zealous.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:18 pm I noticed the resale tickets were going for about £40. How much did you pay?
Don’t ask!
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Constanza wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:16 pm These days you can go to a Stewart Lee live comedy gig and he doesn't even do any jokes.
He can do jokes. He just chooses not to.
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

It’s very common now to have stupid bag regulations.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Went to ally pally to see king gizzard last year and they charged me a tenner for bag drop which was a few kids under a gazebo outside the venue, over some fields and tucked away behind a bush
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:39 pm Took a small back pack to the game today as I had a convoluted journey. My wife also took a very small one person back pack.

We are now at the O2 to watch Michael McIntyre ( I know not my idea)and they won’t let us in with two small rucksucks £10 each to go in the bag store!
To be fair Jes I’m pretty sure it does say that when you book up and get the tickets,I’ve been there several times and my tickets have said that. As for the O2,went to see Elton John a few months ago and they charged us £19.50 for a water and small glass of wine in a plastic cup. I couldn’t understand at the time why there were no queues at the counter,I did warn mrs monkey but did she listen,did she b-llocks🙄😡
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:15 am
Top of the JES wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:39 pm Took a small back pack to the game today as I had a convoluted journey. My wife also took a very small one person back pack.

To be fair Jes I’m pretty sure it does say that when you book up and get the tickets,I’ve been there several times and my tickets have said that. As for the O2,went to see Elton John a few months ago and they charged us £19.50 for a water and small glass of wine in a plastic cup. I couldn’t understand at the time why there were no queues at the counter,I did warn mrs monkey but did she listen,did she b-llocks🙄😡
Nothing on our tickets MB, and can't see it in the booking conditions. They agreed to a quick bag search and relented so all's good.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

BTTT, so are most performance venues nowadays, IMO.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Absolute Rip off,
What about your wife’s handbag was that allowed ??
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:15 am

Crazy price.
Was at Ally Pally the other Saturday and iirc was about £9.50 for a pint and a diet-coke.
Door staff seemed pretty pleasant too, with 10,000 people or whatever it was to deal with..
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:15 pm Absolute Rip off,
What about your wife’s handbag was that allowed ??
She only took a small bag so wasn’t a problem
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Any checks done in the bag store? Could be a great haul of bombs.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

I went to the O2 Docklands a few years ago to see Massive Attack, it was the worst gig experience of my life. Queues were enormous, we waited for around an hour and when we got to the gate we were told we couldn’t bring our bags in and had to go all the way back around the other side of the venue to the bag check and then had to queue up all over again. We got in so late that we had to stand near the back, couldn’t see a thing, people were talking all the time so we couldn’t hear it either. We gave it 15 minutes and left. £100 down the pan.

Ally Pally is no better, the view is even worse and then sound is appalling. I swore never to go there again, and a couple of weeks ago one of my favourite bands, Interpol announced their only London date there. So I’m going to Bristol to see them instead.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

At least put one bag inside the other and save yourself a tenner.

Commiserations on seeing Michael McIntyre.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Stowaway wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:32 am I went to the O2 Docklands a few years ago to see Massive Attack, it was the worst gig experience of my life. Queues were enormous, we waited for around an hour and when we got to the gate we were told we couldn’t bring our bags in and had to go all the way back around the other side of the venue to the bag check and then had to queue up all over again. We got in so late that we had to stand near the back, couldn’t see a thing, people were talking all the time so we couldn’t hear it either. We gave it 15 minutes and left. £100 down the pan.

Ally Pally is no better, the view is even worse and then sound is appalling. I swore never to go there again, and a couple of weeks ago one of my favourite bands, Interpol announced their only London date there. So I’m going to Bristol to see them instead.
Ally Pally is a great venue, seen loads of bigger artists there without any issue.

Why do people have to take bags with them? What are you carrying around?