Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ratings

Post by The Reverend »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:30 am
RealLoughtonO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am The Reverend.

I'm right, always right, because I keep telling myself I'm right.
Thank you for this logical and helpful explanation of The Reverend’s true status and thought process.

In future I’ll seek the reverend’s comments and blessing before I ever disagree with them again. Society needs more such considerate and righteous people, perhaps the reverend has his/her/their own club to distribute these pearls of wisdom to all who seek their guidance. Clearly forgiveness is not in their charter.
That’s not necessary for every single comment. Just the ones where you’re furiously defending a racist because he happens to wear the shirt of the team you support.

What does me laugh the most about all of this is that the same kind of people who hold long term grudges about players or even entire fan bases of other clubs, because of something they did (in some cases decades ago), are now giving it the “forgive and forget” mantra for a bloke who committed an offence of serious racial abuse less than 12 months ago.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:31 pm
RealLoughtonO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am The Reverend.

I'm right, always right, because I keep telling myself I'm right.
Thank you for this logical and helpful explanation of The Reverend’s true status and thought process.

In future I’ll seek the reverend’s comments and blessing before I ever disagree with them again. Society needs more such considerate and righteous people, perhaps the reverend has his/her/their own club to distribute these pearls of wisdom to all who seek their guidance. Clearly forgiveness is not in their charter.
That’s not necessary for every single comment. Just the ones where you’re furiously defending a racist because he happens to wear the shirt of the team you support.

What does me laugh the most about all of this is that the same kind of people who hold long term grudges about players or even entire fan bases of other clubs, because of something they did (in some cases decades ago), are now giving it the “forgive and forget” mantra for a bloke who committed an offence of serious racial abuse less than 12 months ago.
Rev?, Genuine question.... Do you believe he shouldn't ever be allowed to work again because he made one mistake?
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:16 am
Winchestorfan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:09 am
The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:03 pm

You and some others might be satisfied with a PR “I’m really sorry” video, but some of us aren’t so easily won over by the club signing a bloke who racially abused a young teammate in front of his peers. It’s incredibly nasty stuff.

Thankfully the very lacklustre “welcome” Simpson got when he was introduced today suggests that I’m not in minority when it comes to not being pleased about racists wearing the Os shirt.
Have you never said something you later regretted saying or are you perfect? I’m sorry but I find it very hard to believe that you have never insulted someone. You may not have made a racist comment but have you never told someone to f..k off or called people insulting and disgusting names or used blasphemous words that some would find very insulting?

Surely we must accept Simpson’s apology and his genuine remorse so we can all move on. If his colleagues at our football club can, are you so blinkered that you can never forgive anyone. You claim he had a very ‘lacklustre’ welcome today, I must have missed that but then I didn’t hear any booing or insults aimed at him either.

He paid a high price for his stupid remarks but that is now history and he must not only be given second chance but also be welcomed to our club.
Have I told someone to f*ck off before? Yeah probably.

Have I racially abused a young colleague (or anyone for that matter) in front of their peers? No.

Are these the same thing? Of course they aren’t.

Also, the idea that unless you yourself are completely flawless and perfect and have never done ANYTHING wrong in your life then who are you to express displeasure at your football club signing a racist is laughably absurd.

So where is the arbitrary line drawn with that logic? If the club signs a rapist or a murderer am I not allowed to express displeasure at that because “nobody is perfect” and “everyone deserves a second chance”?
sledgehammer to crack a walnut
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

[##]
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:47 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:11 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am

The fact that Edwards got on in front of Pigott tells you all you need to know .
Piggot is here next season (sadly). Edwards isn’t (hopefully).

I just don’t see the point of giving him minutes when he’s that far out of his depth. I’d have rather played Sweeney wide on the left, O Neill on the right and Ruel up top than play Edwards.
Perhaps he’s just saving the other players legs and just doesn’t want to get anymore injuries to carry over for next season?

Which players legs was he saving? Piggot? Sweeney? Both could have featured.

I just don’t get it.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:42 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:31 pm

Rev?, Genuine question.... Do you believe he shouldn't ever be allowed to work again because he made one mistake?
I believe that I don’t want a racist playing for Leyton Orient.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Another hijacked thread
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:55 pm Another hijacked thread
You can’t blame him - I’d hijack a thread if I’d written to the club with a complaint, and got no response from the club.

He did write to the club, I’m assuming? Otherwise it looks a bit like he’s essentially just saying “I don’t like racism” to show how good he is
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:09 pm
B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:55 pm Another hijacked thread
You can’t blame him - I’d hijack a thread if I’d written to the club with a complaint, and got no response from the club.

He did write to the club, I’m assuming? Otherwise it looks a bit like he’s essentially just saying “I don’t like racism” to show how good he is
That would be like starting a thread to abuse a moderator in order to show how good you are at being sympathetic to victims of conflict…

When’s your next lecture on hypocrisy?
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Oh dear oh dear - I took up my issue with a mod with the mod and escalated it to admin, then resolved it and moved on.

Looking forward to seeing the letter you wrote to the club! I bet you told them! Rude that they didn’t reply though :(
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I’d guess they would have responded if he had.

(I’m aware some longstanding fans received phone calls after complaints were made about taking sponsorship money from The Sun).
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Can someone just slap an embargo the Reverend . As a small minded nonentity, self opinionated know it all, the R should stand on a soap box in Coronation Gardens and spout on about racism and (if The Reverend had any sense or forgiveness) ask for a general pardon. I’d be there to heckle.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Weird that Rev decided against posting the response, after making it clear here that it’s an issue he wants the club to do something about. You’d think that if the response wasn’t what he wanted to hear, he’d post it and write with characteristic insight about why the response doesn’t cut it.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:17 pm Oh dear oh dear - I took up my issue with a mod with the mod and escalated it to admin, then resolved it and moved on.

Looking forward to seeing the letter you wrote to the club! I bet you told them! Rude that they didn’t reply though :(
And you got to show how you’re the bestest at being sympathetic towards victims of conflict. Which was what it was only ever about really. How good you are.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

I wanted an apology from Caca and staked my boardin’ future on it, got one and moved on.

Can you post this letter you wrote mate?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm I wanted an apology from Caca and staked my boardin’ future on it, got one and moved on.

Can you post this letter you wrote mate?
You wanted to show how you’re the bestest at being sympathetic to those who have died in a conflict. You didn’t *really* care about them though. You just wanted to show how good you are. That’s the only reason someone would make a point on this message board, isn’t it?
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

As I said, I took my issue up with the people in a position to address it.

Let’s have a look at this letter - I bet it was a good’un! Bizarre that the club haven’t replied!
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:50 pm As I said, I took my issue up with the people in a position to address it.

Let’s have a look at this letter - I bet it was a good’un! Bizarre that the club haven’t replied!
I would ask if you realise that demanding people post personal and private correspondence on a public forum is very strange and controlling behaviour but then again you are somebody who was banned from this message board for creating obsessive videos in an attempt to harass and bully someone so clearly you do realise it’s odd, or you just don’t care.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

No need to share the content of the letter - just confirmation that you wrote one will do!
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:55 pm No need to share the content of the letter - just confirmation that you wrote one will do!
Literally the post before your last one:

“ Let’s have a look at this letter - I bet it was a good’un”

But you didn’t ask me to share content? Right, ok.

How about you share the private message you sent to admin & LSN after your banning?
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Sigh, yes I’d like to see the content. But you’ve said that you feel that the content is personal and private.

So I withdraw my unreasonable request for you to share the details of your correspondence with the club on this matter so close to your heart, and instead ask you to confirm that you did indeed send a letter to the club summarising your feelings on the matter?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:01 pm Sigh, yes I’d like to see the content. But you’ve said that you feel that the content is personal and private.

So I withdraw my unreasonable request for you to share the details of your correspondence with the club on this matter so close to your heart, and instead ask you to confirm that you did indeed send a letter to the club summarising your feelings on the matter?
And what gives you the right to demand I confirm or deny anything I’ve done away from this board? That’s very creepy, & controlling.

Demanding people tell you what they’ve done in their life away from this board is quite frankly disturbing behaviour
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

You can just say “I haven’t written to the club” x
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:11 pm You can just say “I haven’t written to the club” x
Your demands here are quite sinister and I’m really wondering why you are so adamant on bullying me into giving you an answer.

An email to the club will have come from a private email address which in itself is personal information. For all anyone knows only 1 person may have emailed the club about this issue. Or, if more than 1 person emailed the club, a summary of the content (which you are demanding somebody gives you) would be enough to identify a specific email and the information associated with it (email address & name).

Essentially, confirmation of this very specific action could lead to identification of an individual.

We don’t know if you work for the club, have contacts at the club or have a way of finding out who has emailed the club. Same goes for anyone on this public forum and what relationship you may have with them.

You are clearly an obsessive individual who holds grudges for a long time. Your insistence in demanding that somebody confirms an act which could lead to their personal identification is very suspicious.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

So no letter then.

That’s fine mate, so when you keep on banging this drum, I will point out that you are unwilling to provide evidence that you’ve taken this up with the club x
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:24 pm So no letter then.

That’s fine mate, so when you keep on banging this drum, I will point out that you are unwilling to provide evidence that you’ve taken this up with the club x
As pointed out, for the reasons above I find your attempts to bully someone into confirming an act away from that board which could lead to their personal identification highly suspicious.