Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ratings

Post by Max B Gold »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:09 am
The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:03 pm
George M wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:00 pm

Grow up and move on. Boring
You and some others might be satisfied with a PR “I’m really sorry” video, but some of us aren’t so easily won over by the club signing a bloke who racially abused a young teammate in front of his peers. It’s incredibly nasty stuff.

Thankfully the very lacklustre “welcome” Simpson got when he was introduced today suggests that I’m not in minority when it comes to not being pleased about racists wearing the Os shirt.
Have you never said something you later regretted saying or are you perfect? I’m sorry but I find it very hard to believe that you have never insulted someone. You may not have made a racist comment but have you never told someone to f..k off or called people insulting and disgusting names or used blasphemous words that some would find very insulting?

Surely we must accept Simpson’s apology and his genuine remorse so we can all move on. If his colleagues at our football club can, are you so blinkered that you can never forgive anyone. You claim he had a very ‘lacklustre’ welcome today, I must have missed that but then I didn’t hear any booing or insults aimed at him either.

He paid a high price for his stupid remarks but that is now history and he must not only be given second chance but also be welcomed to our club.
If his apology is genuine it should be accepted and he can be allowed to get on with his career. Just not at Leyton Orient.

The racist apologists on this thread have really outed themselves tonight.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

soloman wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:12 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:08 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:05 pm

Move on.
Click on the 4th picture

What’s a photo of Simpson hugging a black man got to do with anything?
It's relevant because the black man is hugging Simpson .
And its relevance to us signing Simpson?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Guys, guys. Calm down yeah? We’ve all had a drink and call a work colleague the P word. Move on
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

You and some others might be satisfied with a PR “I’m really sorry” video, but some of us aren’t so easily won over by the club signing a bloke who racially abused a young teammate in front of his peers. It’s incredibly nasty stuff.

Thankfully the very lacklustre “welcome” Simpson got when he was introduced today suggests that I’m not in minority when it comes to not being pleased about racists wearing the Os shirt.
Have you never said something you later regretted saying or are you perfect? I’m sorry but I find it very hard to believe that you have never insulted someone. You may not have made a racist comment but have you never told someone to f..k off or called people insulting and disgusting names or used blasphemous words that some would find very insulting?

Surely we must accept Simpson’s apology and his genuine remorse so we can all move on. If his colleagues at our football club can, are you so blinkered that you can never forgive anyone. You claim he had a very ‘lacklustre’ welcome today, I must have missed that but then I didn’t hear any booing or insults aimed at him either.

He paid a high price for his stupid remarks but that is now history and he must not only be given second chance but also be welcomed to our club.
Have I told someone to f*ck off before? Yeah probably.

Have I racially abused a young colleague (or anyone for that matter) in front of their peers? No.

Are these the same thing? Of course they aren’t.

Also, the idea that unless you yourself are completely flawless and perfect and have never done ANYTHING wrong in your life then who are you to express displeasure at your football club signing a racist is laughably absurd.

So where is the arbitrary line drawn with that logic? If the club signs a rapist or a murderer am I not allowed to express displeasure at that because “nobody is perfect” and “everyone deserves a second chance”?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Who said anything about rape or murder. He made a racist comment. I would like to think none of us on here would give a rapist or murderer a second chance. Not exactly comparable is it.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

George M wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:15 am Who said anything about rape or murder. He made a racist comment. I would like to think none of us on here would give a rapist or murderer a second chance. Not exactly comparable is it.
“So what if he racially abused a colleague, we’ve all said nasty things to people before or told them the f*ck off. This is totally comparable to racially abusing somebody at work”

“Woah woah woah! Comparing a racist to a murderer, these are totally different things and are not comparable”

Some laughable mental gymnastics going on here.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

It is great that racism is called out these days. However, there must be a way back for an individual to make amends. The enormity of his actions is for all to see and will remain with him forever. I am supportive of both him and the Club.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:44 am It is great that racism is called out these days. However, there must be a way back for an individual to make amends. The enormity of his actions is for all to see and will remain with him forever. I am supportive of both him and the Club.
Exactly.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

I’ve been pissed more times than I can count, but to date I’ve never once racially abused a work colleague.

People tend to say things when they’re drunk that they wouldn’t normally say without their inhibitions being lowered by alcohol, meaning that those feelings are there in the first place, just that they're hidden. I've no doubt that Omar has been involved since the decision to bring Simpson in and has been instrumental in his rehabilitation, and that’s great, but people on here saying “ah, it was just a drunken mistake” are really showing themselves up here.
georgeleyo
Fresh Alias

Post by georgeleyo »

I thought this thread was supposed to be about ratings, not racism
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

The Reverend. Where do I say , or imply, that I am flawless and perfect? I readily admit I have said things, in the past,that I subsequently deeply regretted and even ashamed of. But our multi racial team has accepted Simpson’s apology for his disgusting and insulting behaviour and we must move on.
Perhaps you could do the Christian thing and offer him your hand of friendship. You might be surprised by his reaction.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:50 am The Reverend. Where do I say , or imply, that I am flawless and perfect? I readily admit I have said things, in the past,that I subsequently deeply regretted and even ashamed of. But our multi racial team has accepted Simpson’s apology for his disgusting and insulting behaviour and we must move on.
Perhaps you could do the Christian thing and offer him your hand of friendship. You might be surprised by his reaction.
I prefer not to be friends with racists.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

brentwoodo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:09 pm So called 'Long SlenderNeck's comment 'Racismson, looked alright 6'. I'm afraid I must say something!!

Do you know what, Simpson made a huge error in making a comment to a member of his team at Cardiff after drinking a shed load of alcohol and very having little sleep. This state of his alcohol influenced state of mind was no excuse but maybe it accounted for some completely misplaced intended banter, the comment was completely wrong, no dispute and he will regret the half dozen or so words for the rest of his life. The efforts he has made to make amends are clearly undisputed, the fact that our diverse club and the array of multi cultural players have accepted him into the group say all.

I'd like to know how many of the regular contributors on this board (that drink) have said something under the influence of booze that they totally regret and didn't really mean, I've certainly read of few examples on here recently. I'm not sure what else some of the contributors on here including the author of the above player's mark would like Jack to do before removing this racist tag, I guess only they will know.

I will say good luck to Jack in rebuilding his career and his life, the signs are certainly good!!
Well said, the board and players have thought very hard about this and they seem to be ok with it as does the manager who everyone one has a lot of admiration for. I know some on here won’t agree but that’s what a democracy is all about. As for the player himself,45 minutes is very little to go on and he’s not up to speed and probably won’t be by the end of the season. However what I did notice that he was mainly left footed and missed a challenge by a mile witch could have cost a goal,had he attempted the challenge with his right foot that may and probably would not have happened,but like I said a little rusty.
RealLoughtonO
Fresh Alias

Post by RealLoughtonO »

The Reverend.

I'm right, always right, because I keep telling myself I'm right.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

RealLoughtonO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am The Reverend.

Thank you for this logical and helpful explanation of The Reverend’s true status and thought process.

In future I’ll seek the reverend’s comments and blessing before I ever disagree with them again. Society needs more such considerate and righteous people, perhaps the reverend has his/her/their own club to distribute these pearls of wisdom to all who seek their guidance. Clearly forgiveness is not in their charter.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:33 pm Incredible that zech has only just turned 19. Seems like yonks ago that he made his debut. The MOTM award was a bit dramatic, and need to remember the level of the opposition, but that was a very credible performance from him today. Definitely has a future here. Might need another loan next season tho to get him the game time he needs and won’t get here.

Simpson seems ok. Great presence, decent on the ball, only negative was seemed a bit lumbering but can put that down to lack of matches.

No idea what the point of playing Edwards was. I’d send him back now. I know he was up against Davies but we would have been just as effective with 10 men.

Brynn not doing himself any favours in securing another L1 loan next season with performances like that.
The fact that Edwards got on in front of Pigott tells you all you need to know .
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Obiero is out of contract end of season, so RW seeing if he’s worth another contract.
Can’t believe is nearly 2.5 years since his first contract.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:30 am
RealLoughtonO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am The Reverend.

Thank you for this logical and helpful explanation of The Reverend’s true status and thought process.

In future I’ll seek the reverend’s comments and blessing before I ever disagree with them again. Society needs more such considerate and righteous people, perhaps the reverend has his/her/their own club to distribute these pearls of wisdom to all who seek their guidance. Clearly forgiveness is not in their charter.
Surly we all want the lord inside us? Don’t we🫢
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:33 pm Incredible that zech has only just turned 19. Seems like yonks ago that he made his debut. The MOTM award was a bit dramatic, and need to remember the level of the opposition, but that was a very credible performance from him today. Definitely has a future here. Might need another loan next season tho to get him the game time he needs and won’t get here.

Simpson seems ok. Great presence, decent on the ball, only negative was seemed a bit lumbering but can put that down to lack of matches.

No idea what the point of playing Edwards was. I’d send him back now. I know he was up against Davies but we would have been just as effective with 10 men.

Brynn not doing himself any favours in securing another L1 loan next season with performances like that.
The fact that Edwards got on in front of Pigott tells you all you need to know .
Piggot is here next season (sadly). Edwards isn’t (hopefully).

I just don’t see the point of giving him minutes when he’s that far out of his depth. I’d have rather played Sweeney wide on the left, O Neill on the right and Ruel up top than play Edwards.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

It can only be that he looks ok in training and freezes in front of a crowd. Playing him just doesn’t make any sense otherwise.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Paid a higher price than any court in this land would have imposed - even if he'd then assaulted the lad. Time to move on and allow Simpson to prove himself as a person and a player.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:30 pm

Paid a higher price than any court in this land would have imposed - even if he'd then assaulted the lad. Time to move on and allow Simpson to prove himself as a person and a player.
Simpson can't change the past but is now trying to make amends now and for the future . The fact Pratley and Beckles have accepted him is good enough for me . I think he's learned a severe lesson and it''s now time to move on . Reverend , for God's sake now let it go .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:11 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am

Piggot is here next season (sadly). Edwards isn’t (hopefully).

I just don’t see the point of giving him minutes when he’s that far out of his depth. I’d have rather played Sweeney wide on the left, O Neill on the right and Ruel up top than play Edwards.
Perhaps he’s just saving the other players legs and just doesn’t want to get anymore injuries to carry over for next season?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:45 pm Reverend , for God's sake now let it go .
Aha, I see you're new here.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:47 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:45 pm Reverend , for God's sake now let it go .
Aha, I see you're new here.
Not exactly but I know what you mean .