Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ratings

Post by Long slender neck »

Brynn, looking a bit shaky lately 6
Galbraith, another lovely strike 7
Beckles 7
Cooper 7
James 6
Brown 6
Obiero, grew into the game 7
Moncur 6
ONeill, another lovely strike 7
Sotiriou, another lovely strike 7
Edwards, not upto it 5

Racismson, looked alright 6
Forde 6
Agyei 6
Sanders 6
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ratings

Post by cockhat »

Simpson very composed and comfortable on the ball. He can also find a decent pass.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Cheltenham 3 - they are atrocious in front of goal. Required a number of attempts from Brynn to gift them a goal before they actually got one

Interesting response to Simpsons introduction, possibly the least enthusiastic reaction to a player making his debut that I’ve ever heard. I suppose I’m not the only one who isn’t thrilled about Orient signing a player who racially abused a young colleague in front of his peers.
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

Obiero made his debut back 2021 when Jobi was the Manager! So good that the club have given him time to develop.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

whittle76 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:11 pm Obiero made his debut back 2021 when Jobi was the Manager! So good that the club have given him time to develop.
? Wellins gave him his debut in the last game of the 21/22 season away at Crawley
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

cockhat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 pm Simpson very composed and comfortable on the ball. He can also find a decent pass.
Exactly . I was quite impressed with him today . He looks a good player to me .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Yes, a very good debut.
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:24 pm
whittle76 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:11 pm Obiero made his debut back 2021 when Jobi was the Manager! So good that the club have given him time to develop.
? Wellins gave him his debut in the last game of the 21/22 season away at Crawley
Your right.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Incredible that zech has only just turned 19. Seems like yonks ago that he made his debut. The MOTM award was a bit dramatic, and need to remember the level of the opposition, but that was a very credible performance from him today. Definitely has a future here. Might need another loan next season tho to get him the game time he needs and won’t get here.

Simpson seems ok. Great presence, decent on the ball, only negative was seemed a bit lumbering but can put that down to lack of matches.

No idea what the point of playing Edwards was. I’d send him back now. I know he was up against Davies but we would have been just as effective with 10 men.

Brynn not doing himself any favours in securing another L1 loan next season with performances like that.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 pm Cheltenham 3 - they are atrocious in front of goal. Required a number of attempts from Brynn to gift them a goal before they actually got one

Interesting response to Simpsons introduction, possibly the least enthusiastic reaction to a player making his debut that I’ve ever heard. I suppose I’m not the only one who isn’t thrilled about Orient signing a player who racially abused a young colleague in front of his peers.
Beccles seemed to be very nice to him at the changeover.
You’ve made you point numerous times about your dislike of him, but now it’s surely time to move on!
I think it’s very likely he’ll be here next season.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:13 pm
cockhat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 pm Simpson very composed and comfortable on the ball. He can also find a decent pass.
Exactly . I was quite impressed with him today . He looks a good player to me .
Really pleased for him, great to have him at the club. Welcome to the O’s Simmo
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 pm Cheltenham 3 - they are atrocious in front of goal. Required a number of attempts from Brynn to gift them a goal before they actually got one

Move on.
Click on the 4th picture

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Second half. Cheltenham bossed it, and could, and should have had more goals.

The team was partly experimental, and not the team that will start the first game of next season

Edwards is nowhere near our level........i felt sorry for the lad

Simpson looks good to me.

Calling him Racismson as in the OP, is extremely childish, especially so when its from the moderator of the site
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:14 pm Second half. Cheltenham bossed it, and could, and should have had more goals.

The team was partly experimental, and not the team that will start the first game of next season

Calling him Racismson as in the OP, is extremely childish, especially so when its from the moderator of the site
I could think of worse things to call someone. For example, the racist slur Simpson used towards a young teammate in front of other players….
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:05 pm

Move on.
Click on the 4th picture

What’s a photo of Simpson hugging a black man got to do with anything?
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:08 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:05 pm

Move on.
Click on the 4th picture

What’s a photo of Simpson hugging a black man got to do with anything?
It's relevant because the black man is hugging Simpson .
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I never see colour. It’s just two human beings embracing.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Edwards show the importance of playing mens football, I don't think he is but he could be the best player in the time but he looks like a kid every game, Forde is a year younger but played in the conference last year and in League One this season,
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

essexfootball wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:32 pm Edwards show the importance of playing mens football, I don't think he is but he could be the best player in the time but he looks like a kid every game, Forde is a year younger but played in the conference last year and in League One this season,
In the initial moanie interview from Richie, he said we needed loanees who were doing their second stint ie ones who had already had a spell in the National League or L2. He was exactly right. Lingy seems to have forgotten we’re a L1 club with these signings.

Hopefully we’ve learnt from this for the future.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:50 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:14 pm Second half. Cheltenham bossed it, and could, and should have had more goals.

I could think of worse things to call someone. For example, the racist slur Simpson used towards a young teammate in front of other players….
Grow up and move on. Boring
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

George M wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:00 pm

You and some others might be satisfied with a PR “I’m really sorry” video, but some of us aren’t so easily won over by the club signing a bloke who racially abused a young teammate in front of his peers. It’s incredibly nasty stuff.

Thankfully the very lacklustre “welcome” Simpson got when he was introduced today suggests that I’m not in minority when it comes to not being pleased about racists wearing the Os shirt.
brentwoodo
Fresh Alias

Post by brentwoodo »

So called 'Long SlenderNeck's comment 'Racismson, looked alright 6'. I'm afraid I must say something!!

Do you know what, Simpson made a huge error in making a comment to a member of his team at Cardiff after drinking a shed load of alcohol and very having little sleep. This state of his alcohol influenced state of mind was no excuse but maybe it accounted for some completely misplaced intended banter, the comment was completely wrong, no dispute and he will regret the half dozen or so words for the rest of his life. The efforts he has made to make amends are clearly undisputed, the fact that our diverse club and the array of multi cultural players have accepted him into the group say all.

I'd like to know how many of the regular contributors on this board (that drink) have said something under the influence of booze that they totally regret and didn't really mean, I've certainly read of few examples on here recently. I'm not sure what else some of the contributors on here including the author of the above player's mark would like Jack to do before removing this racist tag, I guess only they will know.

I will say good luck to Jack in rebuilding his career and his life, the signs are certainly good!!
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:03 pm

You and some others might be satisfied with a PR “I’m really sorry” video, but some of us aren’t so easily won over by the club signing a bloke who racially abused a young teammate in front of his peers. It’s incredibly nasty stuff.

Thankfully the very lacklustre “welcome” Simpson got when he was introduced today suggests that I’m not in minority when it comes to not being pleased about racists wearing the Os shirt.
He made a stupid mistake. I agree , it was awful. But let’s be honest , we all say stupid things and make stupid mistakes in life , especially when we are young. It has nothing to do with PR. I can make my own decisions in life. Would I prefer not to have been exposed to this signing , absolutely. Am I going to trust the process. I am.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Simpson looked decent to me but will have tougher games but so far so good. Obiero looked good also, has vision and a great first touch.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:03 pm

Have you never said something you later regretted saying or are you perfect? I’m sorry but I find it very hard to believe that you have never insulted someone. You may not have made a racist comment but have you never told someone to f..k off or called people insulting and disgusting names or used blasphemous words that some would find very insulting?

Surely we must accept Simpson’s apology and his genuine remorse so we can all move on. If his colleagues at our football club can, are you so blinkered that you can never forgive anyone. You claim he had a very ‘lacklustre’ welcome today, I must have missed that but then I didn’t hear any booing or insults aimed at him either.

He paid a high price for his stupid remarks but that is now history and he must not only be given second chance but also be welcomed to our club.