Exiles thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Re: Exiles thread

Post by i8ubutler »

Typical
3 - 1.
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

At last - first home win since Feb. Sounds as though there were promising performances from Simpson and Obiero, but another howler from Brynn. Well done O's, we could finish even higher.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

After Monday and today Brynn doesn't need to come back. Certain we can do better.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Only 3 points behind the mighty Stevenage who some on here believed their player recruitment was so much better than ours 😂😂
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Simpson looks very assured!
Jeanluc
Fresh Alias

Post by Jeanluc »

Thought Ruel had a great game today – much better ball control, a couple of good half chances and a lovely goal. Candidate for MOTM. George also had a much better game – his new orange boots obviously didn’t come with a reverse gear so he could only really go forward which he did to good effect. And Jack Simpson reminded me of an early Declan Rice – liked the way he was giving orders to marshal the defence and make sure we didn’t leave any obvious gaps. Finally, well done to Zech Obiero. Not sure I’d have made him MOTM but a great prospect for the future.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

2 former Man United players getting goals. Lovely to see Curtis Davies getting a good reception when he walked off too. Not seen that before for a local lad who has no connection to the club.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:16 pm After Monday and today Brynn doesn't need to come back. Certain we can do better.
In the last two games Sol has spilt the ball three times leading to two goals . After having a decent season is he becoming a bit dodgy ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Jeanluc wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:58 pm Thought Ruel had a great game today – much better ball control, a couple of good half chances and a lovely goal. Candidate for MOTM. George also had a much better game – his new orange boots obviously didn’t come with a reverse gear so he could only really go forward which he did to good effect. And Jack Simpson reminded me of an early Declan Rice – liked the way he was giving orders to marshal the defence and make sure we didn’t leave any obvious gaps. Finally, well done to Zech Obiero. Not sure I’d have made him MOTM but a great prospect for the future.
Yet one or two boarders on here reckon we should release Ruel in the Summer . The thing is the lad puts the ball in the net .Yes , I was quite impressed with Simpson today . Whether or not we should have signed him is on the Jack Simpson thread but playing wise he looks like a good signing to me .
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:44 pm
Jeanluc wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:58 pm Thought Ruel had a great game today – much better ball control, a couple of good half chances and a lovely goal. Candidate for MOTM. George also had a much better game – his new orange boots obviously didn’t come with a reverse gear so he could only really go forward which he did to good effect. And Jack Simpson reminded me of an early Declan Rice – liked the way he was giving orders to marshal the defence and make sure we didn’t leave any obvious gaps. Finally, well done to Zech Obiero. Not sure I’d have made him MOTM but a great prospect for the future.
Yet one or two boarders on here reckon we should release Ruel in the Summer . The thing is the lad puts the ball in the net .Yes , I was quite impressed with Simpson today . Whether or not we should have signed him is on the Jack Simpson thread but playing wise he looks like a good signing to me .
He scores great goals. Doesn’t make him a good player. Largely ineffective. Worth having in the squad.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:19 pm Only 3 points behind the mighty Stevenage who some on here believed their player recruitment was so much better than ours 😂😂
Also when you think about the fact we haven't been able to play our strongest side this season , to break the 60 points barrier is extremely pleasing . Well done Orient .
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:16 pm 2 former Man United players getting goals. Lovely to see Curtis Davies getting a good reception when he walked off too. Not seen that before for a local lad who has no connection to the club.
Wonder if he missed that sitter on purpose…
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:46 pm
He scores great goals. Doesn’t make him a good player. Largely ineffective. Worth having in the squad.

He scores goals and that's what counts . Anyway I don't think his play is has ineffective as you make out .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

This, he misses the ones you'd expect to score and scores random ones out of nowhere. However he's not seen by RW as an out and out striker, nor better than the options we have out wide or CAM when all first choices are available. Comes down to whether Ruel is happy to be a squad player super sub or wants a starting role (and wage to match) elsewhere.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:00 pm

This, he misses the ones you'd expect to score and scores random ones out of nowhere. However he's not seen by RW as an out and out striker, nor better than the options we have out wide or CAM when all first choices are available. Comes down to whether Ruel is happy to be a squad player super sub or wants a starting role (and wage to match) elsewhere.
I'd be very disappointed if he left , put it that way .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

It would be ridiculous to just let Sotiriou go.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

soloman wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:37 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:25 pm Again, we’re not offering much going forward . We look like we’re really missing Idris . Need to pull out all the stops in the Summer to bring him here on a permanent basis
Or perhaps someone similar and who might be able to score a few goals for us from mid field .
Galbraith has been the find of the season . Although he's a really good player I'd also want Idris again next season .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:07 pm It would be ridiculous to just let Sotiriou go.
But... what if you could take Drinan, Pigott and Sotiriou's wage budget combined and get at least one Agyei-grade striker in return? That's the kind of tough decision for summer
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Yes, but the really tough decision is getting another Agyei grade player..
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Highlights up, 3 goal of the month contenders plus another for the goalkeeping bloopers reel

https://www.skysports.com/football/vide ... O-iStqXx9Y
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:22 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:07 pm It would be ridiculous to just let Sotiriou go.
But... what if you could take Drinan, Pigott and Sotiriou's wage budget combined and get at least one Agyei-grade striker in return? That's the kind of tough decision for summer
Drinan - packet of peanuts
Piggot - pack of pork scratchings
Ruel - is not going anywhere
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Stan1972 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am
Drinan - packet of peanuts
Piggot - pack of pork scratchings
Ruel - is not going anywhere
If only that were true and based on performance related pay :lol:

Based on figures online it's around £7.5k a week on the pair
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

bbc site has Ruel down as 11 goals and 5 assists so far this season. That’s a very good return for his first ever season at this level. I hope we can re sign him, I think there’s further improvement to come from him.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I would say Pigott is on a good wage so maybe it would take only Pigott's and Drinan's wages to bring in such a player .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PKM wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:04 pm bbc site has Ruel down as 11 goals and 5 assists so far this season. That’s a very good return for his first ever season at this level. I hope we can re sign him, I think there’s further improvement to come from him.
This .