Who Do We Want To Go Down/Up?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Who Do We Want To Go Down/Up?

Post by Orient Punxx »

Preference for Cambridge to stay up and Burton to go down. Would be nice to have another Peterborough game next year. Also happy to have Plymouth as another Devon destination.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Re: Who Do We Want To Go Down/Up?

Post by PKM »

Plymouth gets my vote as well, to add to my SW destinations.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Coming down from the Championship:

Rotherham look doomed already. If I had a choice of who would join them it would be:
1. Sheff Weds (Hillsborough is one of my favourite grounds in the UK)
2. Millwall (they ain’t safe yet and a London away trip is always welcome)

I’m less fussed about who comes up from L2. Of the potentials I’ve been to all of them before and have no strong desire to revisit any unless it’s a vital game. I actually have a little bit of a soft spot for Barrow. Went to a game there as a neutral a couple of seasons back (holiday in the Lake District) and the staff at the club were lovely, helpful people. They have done amazingly well to be where they are considering the humble resources and budget they must have. They are only 6 points behind moneybags Wrexham with a game in hand. Pete Wild has done a hell of a job there. He’s an impressive bloke if you look at his career. Worked his way up from local coaching gigs to first team manager of a professional league club. I wouldn’t be massively against Orient taking a look at him if Richie ever walks.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Championship: Rotherham not mathematically down but looks a given. Agree with The Rev's other two choices (went to Hillsborough the last time we played there in L1 and have absolutely no recollection of it whatsoever, despite not being drunk at the time - although I got sh*t faced later tbf - so would like to go back), though Birmingham would also be fun.

Don't really care who goes up but enjoy our games with Peterborough so be relatively happy if they bottle the playoffs again.

From L2, happy with the top 3 as things stand, plus anyone other than MK Dons via the playoffs (preferably Barrow as that'd be a huge achievement for them).
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

The bigger the better. Any of Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Stoke, Blackburn, QPR would be fantastic. Sadly, Rotherham are nailed on and we'll probably get 2 from Huddersfield, Plymouth or Millwall.

Wrexham are the only ones I'm interested in coming up.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Birmingham as that's the only new tick in prospect.

Sheff Weds of course, because it is a fantastic stadium and a wonderful city.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I only go to the Carlisle game and it looks like they are going down. So not really bothered.

At a stretch I would go to Barrow if they come up but only if Spike organises the minibus like last time and picks me up at The Electric Bar in Motherwell with my bag of Furstenbergs with the first one opened by 8am.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:19 pm I only go to the Carlisle game and it looks like they are going down. So not really bothered.

At a stretch I would go to Barrow if they come up but only if Spike organises the minibus lile last timr and picks me up at The Electric Bar in Motherwell with my bag of Furstenbergs with the first one opened by 8am.
Why do you start boozing later on a match day?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Quite glad Rotherham are coming down and we are back to being in the same division 10 years after we parted ways.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Part of me would be happy for them to stay up since I never want to play them again.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Also, I've never seen us beat them (D4, inc 2 pen shootouts, L1) so f*** em.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:21 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:19 pm I only go to the Carlisle game and it looks like they are going down. So not really bothered.

At a stretch I would go to Barrow if they come up but only if Spike organises the minibus lile last timr and picks me up at The Electric Bar in Motherwell with my bag of Furstenbergs with the first one opened by 8am.
Why do you start boozing later on a match day?
I need to sleep sometime.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:50 pm Also, I've never seen us beat them (D4, inc 2 pen shootouts, L1) so f*** em.
Aside from 2014, which I’ll actually never fully get over, I weirdly remember (I was 12) in 1999 when we drew at home in the first leg of the playoffs and they celebrated like they’d just got promoted. I agree, f*** em
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Was proper moody in Rotherham in 2014 for our first and only visit to their new stadium. That kind of moodiness was pretty unusual back then.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Yep I’ll go for Barrow over MK or Crawley! Crewe wouldn’t be too disappointing, especially if Port Vale go down.
RPLancsO
Fresh Alias

Post by RPLancsO »

Barrow or Crewe to come up with current top three. All good for me as relatively local. I also have a soft spot for Barrow.
Don't mind who comes down, they are all relatively big teams, although Birmingham City fans are among the most lairy visitors to Brisbane Road I've ever seen. Back in the day when we gave them the whole West Side in the AutoGlass southern section final was proper scary, especially in the streets after the game. Would prefer the Northern clubs to stay down.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Was it Birmingham we beat in the above-mentioned AutoGlass game and Matty Lockwood scored a worldie?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Lockwood wasn't around for a good few years after that, it was 94/95. IIRC we narrowly lost both legs against Birmingham in the semi? Think Shaun Brooks scored in the home leg.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm Lockwood wasn't around for a good few years after that, it was 94/95. IIRC we narrowly lost both legs against Birmingham in the semi? Think Shaun Brooks scored in the home leg.
Went to both legs - think it was the last Tinpot Trophy game I ever went to or would go to. They and their supporters certainly wanted it more than us.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Orient Punxx wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:41 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm Lockwood wasn't around for a good few years after that, it was 94/95. IIRC we narrowly lost both legs against Birmingham in the semi? Think Shaun Brooks scored in the home leg.
Went to both legs - think it was the last Tinpot Trophy game I ever went to or would go to. They and their supporters certainly wanted it more than us.
Remember the brum away leg,very nice boys offered to look after my car
RPLancsO
Fresh Alias

Post by RPLancsO »

Weren't we 3-0 down in the home leg before staging a bit of a fight back? All Brum's goals were very 'direct' if I remember rightly. I am blank on our scorers but the second goal was well taken.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

RPLancsO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:52 am Weren't we 3-0 down in the home leg before staging a bit of a fight back? All Brum's goals were very 'direct' if I remember rightly. I am blank on our scorers but the second goal was well taken.

Score 3-2 to Birmingham City
Competition Auto Windscreens Shield Final - southern section (2nd leg)
Attendance 10,830
View Leyton Orient v Birmingham City head to head

Birmingham City won 4-2 on aggregate.

Do a search of the home game and the goals are on a Birmingham City Facebook page.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

RPLancsO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm Barrow or Crewe to come up with current top three. All good for me as relatively local. I also have a soft spot for Barrow.
Don't mind who comes down, they are all relatively big teams, although Birmingham City fans are among the most lairy visitors to Brisbane Road I've ever seen. Back in the day when we gave them the whole West Side in the AutoGlass southern section final was proper scary, especially in the streets after the game. Would prefer the Northern clubs to stay down.
Another vote for Barrow, who I also have a soft spot for.

I'd like to see Wrexham screw up - been there enough times, and they're essentially the Disneyfication of football. People whine about Man City and their money-bags approach, but Wrexham are the same thing.
It's got all the simps wetting their pants, that's for sure. Not that I blame the real Wrexham fans though, who have stuck by the club in a poor and depressing period.

Coming down from the Champhionship - Sheff Wed and Millwall would be my choice.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm
RPLancsO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm Barrow or Crewe to come up with current top three. All good for me as relatively local. I also have a soft spot for Barrow.
Another vote for Barrow, who I also have a soft spot for.

I'd like to see Wrexham screw up - been there enough times, and they're essentially the Disneyfication of football. People whine about Man City and their money-bags approach, but Wrexham are the same thing.
It's got all the simps wetting their pants, that's for sure. Not that I blame the real Wrexham fans though, who have stuck by the club in a poor and depressing period.

Coming down from the Champhionship - Sheff Wed and Millwall would be my choice.
Of course, we got out of the NL and league two with charisma and good feelings
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

RPLancsO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:52 am Weren't we 3-0 down in the home leg before staging a bit of a fight back? All Brum's goals were very 'direct' if I remember rightly. I am blank on our scorers but the second goal was well taken.
We had a loanee up top - was it McGleish?