El Miz out for the season

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

El Miz out for the season

Post by Monkey Boy »

There’s going to be a lot of empty seats for the rest of the season.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: El Miz out for the season

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hey on the bright side at least the club house will be empty you should get a beer quick 👍
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

It amazing how its the best players that get the worst injuries

El Miz, Graham, Agyei, Happe, Archibald, all get bad injuries

If some of the poorer players got injured we wouldnt miss them, but they rarely do
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:07 am It amazing how its the best players that get the worst injuries

If some of the poorer players got injured we wouldnt miss them, but they rarely do
Yes , it's ironic . We've had such bad luck with injuries this season and that's ultimately cost us at least a play off spot . I'm just grateful we're not involved in a relegation dogfight . I'm just hoping we've now got all our bad luck with injuries out the way and we can have a good crack at getting promotion next season
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

It's a huge blow to lose El Miz but then again, we have nothing to play for so I just wish him well and hope he recovers fully. He's been huge for us since he came here but maybe another player might step up and do a fair impersonation of him.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BoniO wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:00 pm It's a huge blow to lose El Miz but then again, we have nothing to play for so I just wish him well and hope he recovers fully. He's been huge for us since he came here but maybe another player might step up and do a fair impersonation of him.
To be honest I'd rather we tried to sign the genuine article on a permanent basis . Idris has been outstanding for us and if there's any player worth going out on a limb for it's him .'
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

I do wonder if Ipswich are promoted they'll see a future for a player who's been on loan to a L1 side for 2 seasons.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

If Ipswich go up and he's injured (unfortunately for him and us) there might be a deal to be done - especially if promotion is our stated aim in 24/25
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Others may not want to sign him if he's injured. May be to our benefit...
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

LittleMate wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:41 pm Others may not want to sign him if he's injured. May be to our benefit...
I suspect that now he has a long term injury the club will pull out all the stops to get him in the building.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

cymruO wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:23 pm I do wonder if Ipswich are promoted they'll see a future for a player who's been on loan to a L1 side for 2 seasons.
He’s only been on loan to a League One club for one season.

It’s pretty clear they don’t see a future for him there at Ipswich. The only reason they’ll trigger his extra year is as leverage to get a fee for letting him go. The real question is whether we get outbid by another League One/Championship club, which seems probable.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:43 pm
LittleMate wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:41 pm Others may not want to sign him if he's injured. May be to our benefit...
I suspect that now he has a long term injury the club will pull out all the stops to get him in the building.
In the case of Idris he'd be worth it .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hopefully that's the case .
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Why would teams not sign him? He will be able to play next season
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

This could actually be a blessing in disguise for us. With Idris missing for the remaining fixtures of the season - where we have nothing to play for - will demonstrate how vital it is we either sign him permanently or find a suitable replacement as soon as possible when the summer transfer window opens.

I’d rather we realise how we have nobody in this squad who can do a fraction of the job he does at the tail end of this season than in the first load of games next season, when it’ll be too late.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Good as Idris is for this level, it's actually one area where we're pretty well stocked. Brown, Sanders, Galbraith... the latter in particular could end up being even better in time.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

OyinbO wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:31 pm Good as Idris is for this level, it's actually one area where we're pretty well stocked. Brown, Sanders, Galbraith... the latter in particular could end up being even better in time.
We have lots of players but none come close to his level.

We saw what a midfield of Brown and Galbraith looked like away at Bolton….
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 pm
OyinbO wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:31 pm Good as Idris is for this level, it's actually one area where we're pretty well stocked. Brown, Sanders, Galbraith... the latter in particular could end up being even better in time.

I wouldn’t dispute El-Miz has been the best this season. But they’re all still young and developing quickly. Galbraith hasn’t had much of a run in his preferred position yet. He in particular has a lot more to offer than what we’ve seen so far.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:35 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:07 am It amazing how its the best players that get the worst injuries

Yes , it's ironic . We've had such bad luck with injuries this season and that's ultimately cost us at least a play off spot . I'm just grateful we're not involved in a relegation dogfight . I'm just hoping we've now got all our bad luck with injuries out the way and we can have a good crack at getting promotion next season
Orient weren’t making the playoffs with or without the players mentioned.
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

Which poorer players are you referring to?
bacon
Fresh Alias

Post by bacon »

What 2 fantastic loan spells.

Added such grit to the middle of the park and so many important recoveries. Really thrived working with Pratley.

Not often you see a loan player as captain - and the 81 starts shows how core he has been to the side.

Clearly likes the club and management team and sees his growth with the opportunities the club has given him,

Question may come down to Orient matching the ambitions an finance of a move to a bigger spending side eg Shef Wed, Charlton, Wrexham, Reading (under new owners)

Would love to be proved wrong but feels like the last we will see of him.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

OyinbO wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:25 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 pm

I wouldn’t dispute El-Miz has been the best this season. But they’re all still young and developing quickly. Galbraith hasn’t had much of a run in his preferred position yet. He in particular has a lot more to offer than what we’ve seen so far.
I like all of Brown, Galbraith and Sanders. A lot. Brown has especially impressed with how much he's improved and adjusted to this level.

But we definitely need to replace Idris, not rely on the existing guys stepping up.
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

Richie still has options tomorrow as he can bring back in Moncur or Galbraith and maybe now a place on the bench for Obiero or Pegrum.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:06 am

I disagree . Look at the difference Agyei made when he played in the team . We've had games this season where we've been totally dominate but without Ageyi our chances went begging . For example I'm sure we would have gotten more from our home games against Bristol Rovers and Port Vale if he'd been playing . The people on here who said the failure to sign an experienced striker in January would turn around and bite us on the arse have been proven correct .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:48 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:06 am

I disagree . Look at the difference Agyei made when he played in the team . We've had games this season where we've been totally dominate but without Ageyi our chances went begging . For example I'm sure we would have gotten more from our home games against Bristol Rovers and Port Vale if he'd been playing . The people on here who said the failure to sign an experienced striker in January would turn around and bite us on the arse have been proven correct .
Yup we carried a far greater attacking threat with Agyei doing both holdup play and finishing chances. You can't go a full season with only one competent striker in that central position and something that needs to be remedied in summer if we're serious about next season.