Delivery companies

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Delivery companies

Post by CEB »

They’ve stopped even pretending to give a f***, havent they?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Delivery companies

Post by Dunners »

Did the new England top not arrive then?
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

It arrived with a normal George Cross. I want the purple one
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Atrocious working conditions in the gig economy…
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Had more problems with Royal Mail recently tbh.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

They’re all pure poo poo.

I sold a Lego set a few months ago and sent it via Royal Mail, did tracked, signed for everything. All seemed fine. Three weeks later got a message “is there a problem with this order?”, I assumed it was someone trying to pull a fast one and get refunded for a Lego set I saw was delivered.

Turned out it’s been delivered to a flat a few doors down three weeks earlier, no note through the door, and the neighbour had just kept hold of it. The tracking info I had, when I checked it, just said “left with neighbour” so this woman had to pretty much confidently approach five neighbours saying “a parcel has been left with you” until she found the right one. Who handed it over but apparently was a bit grudging about it
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Can be infuriating, I ordered a game (value £7) from Currys. I wasnt in for delivery but didnt see the problem as obviously it fits through the letterbox. Instead they left it at a newsagents a mile away.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

CEB wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:47 pm They’re all pure poo poo.

I sold a Lego set a few months ago and sent it via Royal Mail, did tracked, signed for everything. All seemed fine. Three weeks later got a message “is there a problem with this order?”, I assumed it was someone trying to pull a fast one and get refunded for a Lego set I saw was delivered.

Turned out it’s been delivered to a flat a few doors down three weeks earlier, no note through the door, and the neighbour had just kept hold of it. The tracking info I had, when I checked it, just said “left with neighbour” so this woman had to pretty much confidently approach five neighbours saying “a parcel has been left with you” until she found the right one. Who handed it over but apparently was a bit grudging about it
Bet he was bricking it.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm Can be infuriating, I ordered a game (value £7) from Currys. I wasnt in for delivery but didnt see the problem as obviously it fits through the letterbox. Instead they left it at a newsagents a mile away.
My wife ordered a game (value £40) for her brother from Amazon. When it arrived, no disc in the box.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Had something sent tracked by RM a couple of weeks ago and the postie signed for it on my behalf (getting my name wrong, natch) then left it in the stairwell of a different building, never to be seen again.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

GCyLmAJW0AAWCmG.jpg
GCyLmAJW0AAWCmG.jpg (180.33 KiB) Viewed 522 times
I found that Katy Perry lego set for you
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Talking of Lego I went to the Art of The Brick Exhibition in Brick Lane. Great stuff, well worth a visit.
Try not to do what I did, wear a bag on your back, squeeze past a group of tourists taking selfie of the 100 lego skulls carefully arranged on shelves. As I go round my bag hit off the display causing six to fall to the floor.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Constanza wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:57 pm

Bet he was bricking it.
What with this and the Haggis joke, it’s evident you’ve raided the Christmas Crackers a tad early?

Keep it up 👍
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm

Had something sent tracked by RM a couple of weeks ago and the postie signed for it on my behalf (getting my name wrong, natch) then left it in the stairwell of a different building, never to be seen again.

That was kind of them
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm Can be infuriating, I ordered a game (value £7) from Currys. I wasnt in for delivery but didnt see the problem as obviously it fits through the letterbox. Instead they left it at a newsagents a mile away.
Was the game Paperboy?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I was sent a nice bottle of red over Xmas via Amazon and when I opened it, there was a squashed up bottle of lemonade partially filled with enough water to be the same weight as the bottle would have been
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Seriously?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Amazon have a nasty habit of leaving parcels outside the door and just taking a photo of it saying its been delivered , no CCTV on our floor ( tower block ) and I've not yet had a parcel nicked like some other residents have ☹️
Last edited by BIGRON on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Who buys a nice red off Amazon?
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 pm Amazon have a nasty habit of leaving parcels outside the door and just taking a photo of it saying its been delivered , no CCTV on our floor ( tower block ) and I've not yet had a parcel nicked like some other residents have ☹️

Yep. I found out what one of my Christmas presents was when I came home to find that the torrential rain had dissolved the cardboard wrapping of the Spider-Verse deluxe vinyl soundtrack my wife had bought me, which was completely ruined as it sat waterlogged by my bins where it had been left.

This delivery is a new guitar. Gutted to not have it today.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 pmSeriously?
Yes, for once.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:38 pm I was sent a nice bottle of red over Xmas via Amazon and when I opened it, there was a squashed up bottle of lemonade partially filled with enough water to be the same weight as the bottle would have been
Blossom Hill is not a "nice bottle of red".
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Any free booze is nice booze. I thought you would relate to that.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Absolutely not. When I fleece anyone for a drink I insist on it being a bloody good one.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Update - at 6:30 yesterday the info updated to “estimated delivery by end of Tuesday 26th March”. Nothing.
Checked this morning, still in a warehouse in Rotterdam, no delivery date specified. Despite a 1-3 day express delivery guarantee