Annoucement at 10.00AM on Monday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Re: Annoucement at 10.00AM on Monday

Post by Scuba Diver »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:10 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:50 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:20 am

No idea what you’re banging on about. £479 for a West stand season ticket is a lot of money
Ok I’ll try to explain, I’m not saying anything about the price in fact the opposite, what I’m saying is that deals have been and are being made at this time and even around Christmas perhaps and I don’t think the calibre of incomings is going to be that great. Maybe Wellens isn’t going to sign a new contract or he might even be leaving? The way Ling sorted out the last window I wouldn’t trust him with my shopping list at the moment. Trying to get people to commit to a ST this early just seems a little strange.?
Yes, the 3rd of May to renew a ST is a ridiculous deadline, even though the chances are they will extend this date. It's only a week or two after the last game of 23/4 !
Also noted this.
So, after 17 seasons in the same seat, mine will now be given away if I am unable (or choose not to renew) barely a week after This season finishes.

If anyone was in doubt that we are now merely Customers - nothing more - then here it is.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Don’t disagree with the customers comments but last year I seem to remember people moaning that we hadn’t sorted season tickets out until late.

I think a lot of clubs do similar. Although would be good to do these dates as early bird rates then full rates in the summer. There are finance options available as well
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:25 pm Don’t disagree with the customers comments but last year I seem to remember people moaning that we hadn’t sorted season tickets out until late.

I think a lot of clubs do similar. Although would be good to do these dates as early bird rates then full rates in the summer. There are finance options available as well
Last year, the deadline was 2nd June. A whole month is taking the piss.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Pleased they’ve gone a long way to finally end the ghost kids scandal that have been rinsing the club for years
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

For those moaning about lack of time, you knew when the season ended and the club are still giving you about 6 weeks. Its possible to renew by credit card and given the right circumstances now pay until the end of June at earl bird rates.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:33 pm For those moaning about lack of time, you knew when the season ended and the club are still giving you about 6 weeks. Its possible to renew by credit card and given the right circumstances now pay until the end of June at earl bird rates.
I think you’ll find this is a whingers thread mate - no room for sensible posts here.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:50 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:20 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:14 am

I’m thinking the supporters might be underwhelmed this coming season?
No idea what you’re banging on about. £479 for a West stand season ticket is a lot of money
Ok I’ll try to explain, I’m not saying anything about the price in fact the opposite, what I’m saying is that deals have been and are being made at this time and even around Christmas perhaps and I don’t think the calibre of incomings is going to be that great. Maybe Wellens isn’t going to sign a new contract or he might even be leaving? The way Ling sorted out the last window I wouldn’t trust him with my shopping list at the moment. Trying to get people to commit to a ST this early just seems a little strange.?
Every year S/Ts are on sale around the same time, some clubs have been selling season tickets for a few weeks now so we are not on our own in doing so, and I think differently and can see us bringing in some good players this summer, our stock will have risen and we should be able to get a lot of our targets over the line depending on what budget is made available. It’s obvious really that at this stage of the season clubs need to try and get in S/T cash early as it helps cash flow. By limiting the amount of S/tickets it also creates demand and fans won’t want to miss out.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

It also gives us guaranteed funds to 'do business early'...
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

This tight deadline should help purge some of our legacy fans.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:09 pm This tight deadline should help purge some of our legacy fans.
Devil take the hindmost!
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:03 pm It also gives us guaranteed funds to 'do business early'...
But savings? What about savings?
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 pm Jack Simpson contract extension.
Hope so good addition to the squad
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

What a thoroughly damp squib, with the hype expected it to at least be RW signing a new contract or that we have identified where the new ground is going to be and have got permission to build and have mega investors on board .
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RW us contracted up already isn’t he?
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Was video part of an upcoming the apprentice task?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:29 am If we purchase at full price today, how do we get any potential returns from the ticket exchange ?
Sorted mine today. I was due money back from the ticket exchange but it had not been added automatically to my ticketing account as it should have been. I emailed and the club came back and said there is a glitch in the system (fancy that). Fair play to the club though they added the ticket credit manually to my account and I bought the ticket at a reduced price earlier this morning.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Love the video
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:45 am
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:29 am If we purchase at full price today, how do we get any potential returns from the ticket exchange ?
Sorted mine today. I was due money back from the ticket exchange but it had not been added automatically to my ticketing account as it should have been. I emailed and the club came back and said there is a glitch in the system (fancy that). Fair play to the club though they added the ticket credit manually to my account and I bought the ticket at a reduced price earlier this morning.
How can you tell if your ticket sold once listed on the exchange?

My 'history' shows I listed mine twice, but nothing to say if sold or not and I thought you only get the credit if it sells?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:55 am
How can you tell if your ticket sold once listed on the exchange?

My 'history' shows I listed mine twice, but nothing to say if sold or not and I thought you only get the credit if it sells?
Your account history shows a posted ticket transaction when listed, then a sold ticket transaction if sold.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:33 pm For those moaning about lack of time, you knew when the season ended
I also know when next season starts. August, not May.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Just checked and guess what, my ticket exchange refunds aren't being added back either :lol: I'd suggest everyone double checks before renewing.

And to make matters worse, I'm also being quoted the normal price if I buy now, not the discounted early bird price :lol:

Think I'll wait for these 'glitches' to be resolved.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 am
Just checked and guess what, my ticket exchange refunds aren't being added back either :lol: I'd suggest everyone double checks before renewing.

And to make matters worse, I'm also being quoted the normal price if I buy now, not the discounted early bird price :lol:

In addition to ticket exchange, I understand that all season tickets holders who attend every game this season, will be entitled to a season ticket discount. How this will be achieved will be interesting.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

I guess the poor buggers in the ticket office will be working unpaid overtime again.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:49 pm

In addition to ticket exchange, I understand that all season tickets holders who attend every game this season, will be entitled to a season ticket discount. How this will be achieved will be interesting.
Can't remember but isn't there a concession for people with disabilities/on DLA? Be interested to see if there were then any Equality Act concerns regarding effectively denying them the same discount if they were unable to attend even a single home game on health grounds.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

If there’s one thing that Orient do extremely well it’s “ Glitches” :lol:
Glitches with streaming , ticket exchanges, etc but they do usually put things right in the end, however I really can’t be bothered with the ticket exchange scheme and usually give my spare ticket away to a mate or a family member.
I think the season card renewal deadline will be extended, as it was last year, but if they can get money in early and it helps with RWs transfer targets then great.