Days since Piggot scored

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Re: Days since Piggot scored

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:28 am
Top of the JES wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am As a counter to you and others spouting that we always do business last minute/late crap - you really don't know how transfers work do you if you expect the club to report back after the close season and everything is in place, because most players are not freed from their previous contract until the end of June and many still on holiday.

It's the same crap as people saying we sign players late to save wages - it's absolute poo poo. Ling said something along the lines when a player didn't sign for us and he said at least I've got another weeks wages to play with - Some people are so thick they took it as gospel.

Could you please tell me who signed late before the summer window closed ? - excluding Forde and Cooper who were brought in to cover injuries.
You said our business was completed early when in reality, only Sanders joined before pre season started and only 5 of our 11 signings joined before the Spain tour.

You could arguably have said there are reasons why our business wasn’t completed early, I accept that’s true for some of the signings. But you can’t lie and say our business was completed early when it simply wasn’t.
You expect players to sign before their contract release date😂 the only reason Sanders did is that he had been released from his contract by Lincoln. As I said tou have no idea how transfers work.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Pigott's game improved 2nd half against Port Vale when Sotiriou came on as sub.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Regardless of the summer, the waiting until 9.30pm on the last day of the Jan transfer window is infuriating
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

I’d be interested in seeing a comparison across the league of when signings are made/when players are released (especially if somehow there was an indicator of relative importance to the buying/selling team)

It seems to me that no individual club is fully in control of whether business happens early or late, it’s equivalent to a house being part of a chain maybe?
But that Orient’s strategic issue is not having a plan B and plan C for when, quite foreseeably, an idea transfer doesn’t happen
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

So I will repost this for the third time In doing so I hope Hoover Attack learns something and stops spouting nonsense, I had already posted this in October and Feb.

In reading this please give consideration to the following - Players are usually contracted to thier previous clubs until the end of June. (Sanders signing was actually agreed a day or two in advance of 1/7 because he had already been released from his contract by Lincoln to allow him time to find another club) - So effectively the window is 1st July until end of the second week in September. You can clearly see that Seven of our Eleven signings were brought in during July or within three weeks of their previous contracts at other clubs ending. Forde and Cooper joined later as replacements for Drinan, Agyei and Beckles who were all injured the week before we kicked off at Charlton.

With Galbraith, Sanders and Agyei it's obvious that we had been in discussions with them (as we are allowed to do) for a few weeks to allow us to sign them when we did, With Idris we only found out Ipswich were willing to let him back the day before he resigned.

Think this proves once and for all we did the vast majority of our business early in the window, we can't sign players who are under contract elsewhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top of the JES wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:50 pm
So I'm reposting this from earlier this season as it is relevant as it disproves the notion that we sign players late - it relates to last summers window. Also the crap that we sign players late to save wages which the same people keep posting.

"So to put this late transfer bullshit to bed:- We Signed:-

1/7 Ethan Galbraith on expiry of his Man U contract a day earlier.
1/7 Dan Agyei on expiry of his Crewe contract a day earlier.
1/7 Max Sanders on expiry of his Lincoln contract a day earlier.
5/7 Idris El Mizouni on loan from Ipswich Town.
6/7 Sam Howes from Wealdstone.
10/7 Sol Brynn from Middlesboro. This was the earliest date M'boro would allow him to join us.
21/7 Joe Pigott from Ipswich on the same day he had his contract at Portman Road ripped up.
1/8 Ed Turns on loan from Brighton 2 days after returning from Brighton's US pre season tournament.
2/8 Jordan Graham who has been talking with other clubs after his release from Birmingham. Wellen's really wanted him.
14/8 Shaq Forde from Watford after they agreed he could join.
1/9 Brandon Cooper on deadline day after injury to Beckles .

First three signed on the first day they officially became free agents, could not have signed any sooner.
El Miz Signed because of his excellent relationship with ML - no-one thought we could get him back but Ling got him.
Sam Howes was a bit left field as signings go.
Sol Brynn signed for us the deal had been in the making for a couple of weeks but Boro wanted him for pre season training before letting him come to us.
Joe Pigot had another season at Ipswich and had to negotiate his release and joined us the day he left Ipswich Town.
Ed Turns signed at the earliest opportunity after Brighton agreed he could return, He was in America with BHA three days prior to signing.
Jordan Graham was speaking to other clubs before we got him we had been talking to him for some time before he made his mind up to come to us.
Shaq Forde not sure how long he was in the pipeline but brought in to cover Agyei and Drinan getting injured.
Brandon Cooper signed on deadline day to give us a fourth centre back as cover.

So 9 of our 11 signing made before the season started Forde and Cooper signed before deadline day was done. It's not that they were signed late but to get decent players in a club like ours needs to be patient because we haven't got a budget to spend money on players - apart from Howes (nominal fee) all our signings were out of contract or loans. We have had terrible luck with injuries early on and it has forced our hand with the Forde and Cooper signings.

We don't put off signing players to save a months wages here and there I'm afraid there are some proper mugs on here who will believe anything, Ling commented last close season that one of our signings had delayed putting pen to paper and at least it had saved the club a months wages it was tongue in cheek but those of a limited IQ are unable to separate this from fact. it was a one off and down to the player not the club"
Last edited by Top of the JES on Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

CEB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:28 am I’d be interested in seeing a comparison across the league of when signings are made/when players are released (especially if somehow there was an indicator of relative importance to the buying/selling team)

It seems to me that no individual club is fully in control of whether business happens early or late, it’s equivalent to a house being part of a chain maybe? but that Orient’s strategic issue is not having a plan B and plan C for when, quite foreseeably, an idea transfer doesn’t happen
Yes CEB we are often in a chain waiting for players to leave or become available and that can be triggered by those clubs selling or signing other players. Forde and Cooper were prime examples of this, we identified them as loan signings but had to wait for Watford and Swansea to agree to let them come which did not happen immediatley. We could always do better in the transfer market but sometimes clubs say one thing and do another, Drinan travelled all the way up to Carlisle in January to sign for them it was all done and dusted apart from the signatures but Carlisle pulled out at the very last minute - unprofessional but it happens.

We can as a club only control so much which some people don't understand or don't want to. It's also worth remembering that getting the majority of new signings in early isn't an indicator of success, It's who you sign not so much when you sign them, ask Carlisle.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The question is whether in Ling's words "getting the best deals" is worth the tradeoff in (lack of) match fitness given we seem to run a thin squad with academy players padding out the numbers.

See 2:45 here RW mentions players not being up to speed when signed late

I always say praise when due, criticism when due. Last summer I thought we started it well with Agyei, Sanders, Galbraith but stopped short of what we needed for a strong squad, particularly in the striker area, which has ended up being our weakness again.

This January I actually swallowed the Ling kool-aid thinking RW was fully behind the two youth signings and we'd done miracles getting a fee for Drinan. Richie put that straight the next day and it's clear he wants things done differently going forward. We shall see...
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:55 am The question is whether in Ling's words "getting the best deals" is worth the tradeoff in (lack of) match fitness given we seem to run a thin squad with academy players padding out the numbers.

I always say praise when due, criticism when due. Last summer I thought we started it well with Agyei, Sanders, Galbraith but stopped short of what we needed for a strong squad, particularly in the striker area, which has ended up being our weakness again.

This January I actually swallowed the Ling kool-aid thinking RW was fully behind the two youth signings and we'd done miracles getting a fee for Drinan. Richie put that straight the next day and it's clear he wants things done differently going forward. We shall see...
IMO, its imperative the clubs does things the way Richie wants if we want to carrying on progressing . Richie has proven he's a quality manager and knows what he's talking about .
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Given the chance to lead the line today and 73 minutes to do something

It has been 130 days since Piggot last scored at all

It has been 147 days since Piggot scored a league goal

This tally will be updated accordingly after each game :geek:
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

PS if we’re talking league goals that weren’t penalties it’s 189 days

6 months and 7 days
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:54 pm PS if we’re talking league goals that weren’t penalties it’s 189 days

6 months and 7 days
And 2 clean sheets since he returned to the side.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:51 pm Given the chance to lead the line today and 73 minutes to do something

Give it a break
Give him a break
Do you think it does him any good to read your abuse knowing it’s going to be updated every time he plays. I think you should start supporting him not endless criticism
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I can remember the much under rated Joe Mayo going 12 calendar months without scoring once - but tbf his effort was incredible and he set up loads for Peter Kitchen.

There's no point piling in on players it achieves nothing.
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:51 pm Given the chance to lead the line today and 73 minutes to do something

:clown
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I thought he did OK today 🤔
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:19 am So I will repost this for the third time In doing so I hope Hoover Attack learns something and stops spouting nonsense, I had already posted this in October and Feb.

In reading this please give consideration to the following - Players are usually contracted to thier previous clubs until the end of June. (Sanders signing was actually agreed a day or two in advance of 1/7 because he had already been released from his contract by Lincoln to allow him time to find another club) - So effectively the window is 1st July until end of the second week in September. You can clearly see that Seven of our Eleven signings were brought in during July or within three weeks of their previous contracts at other clubs ending. Forde and Cooper joined later as replacements for Drinan, Agyei and Beckles who were all injured the week before we kicked off at Charlton.

With Galbraith, Sanders and Agyei it's obvious that we had been in discussions with them (as we are allowed to do) for a few weeks to allow us to sign them when we did, With Idris we only found out Ipswich were willing to let him back the day before he resigned.

Think this proves once and for all we did the vast majority of our business early in the window, we can't sign players who are under contract elsewhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm reposting this from earlier this season as it is relevant as it disproves the notion that we sign players late - it relates to last summers window. Also the crap that we sign players late to save wages which the same people keep posting.

10/7 Sol Brynn from Middlesboro. This was the earliest date M'boro would allow him to join us.
21/7 Joe Pigott from Ipswich on the same day he had his contract at Portman Road ripped up.
1/8 Ed Turns on loan from Brighton 2 days after returning from Brighton's US pre season tournament.
2/8 Jordan Graham who has been talking with other clubs after his release from Birmingham. Wellen's really wanted him.

First three signed on the first day they officially became free agents, could not have signed any sooner.
El Miz Signed because of his excellent relationship with ML - no-one thought we could get him back but Ling got him.
Sol Brynn signed for us the deal had been in the making for a couple of weeks but Boro wanted him for pre season training before letting him come to us.
Joe Pigot had another season at Ipswich and had to negotiate his release and joined us the day he left Ipswich Town.
Ed Turns signed at the earliest opportunity after Brighton agreed he could return, He was in America with BHA three days prior to signing.
Jordan Graham was speaking to other clubs before we got him we had been talking to him for some time before he made his mind up to come to us.
Shaq Forde not sure how long he was in the pipeline but brought in to cover Agyei and Drinan getting injured.

So 9 of our 11 signing made before the season started Forde and Cooper signed before deadline day was done. It's not that they were signed late but to get decent players in a club like ours needs to be patient because we haven't got a budget to spend money on players - apart from Howes (nominal fee) all our signings were out of contract or loans. We have had terrible luck with injuries early on and it has forced our hand with the Forde and Cooper signings.

We don't put off signing players to save a months wages here and there I'm afraid there are some proper mugs on here who will believe anything, Ling commented last close season that one of our signings had delayed putting pen to paper and at least it had saved the club a months wages it was tongue in cheek but those of a limited IQ are unable to separate this from fact. it was a one off and down to the player not the club"
It doesnt matter how many times you lie that we completed our business early in the summer, it wont make it true.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:11 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:19 am So I will repost this for the third time In doing so I hope Hoover Attack learns something and stops spouting nonsense, I had already posted this in October and Feb.

It doesnt matter how many times you lie that we completed our business early in the summer, it wont make it true.
No lies in there only facts. You are a completely clueless idiot but we knew that didn’t we 😂 I’m trying to help educate you on how transfers work, but honestly you are beyond help.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Not a Piggot fan, but this thread feels like rubbing salt in the wound, so I’m out.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:28 pm

No lies in there only facts. You are a completely clueless idiot but we knew that didn’t we 😂 I’m trying to help educate you on how transfers work, but honestly you are beyond help.
Throw in all the personal insults you like. Still doesn’t take away from us not completing our business early, as you falsely claimed.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:55 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:28 pm

Throw in all the personal insults you like. Still doesn’t take away from us not completing our business early, as you falsely claimed.
We can’t sign players who are under contract at other clubs before their deals finish at the end of June how difficult is it to understand? Seven signings in the first three weeks of July it’s not difficult to understand is it. Anyway not wasting anymore time and effort on you because despite having all the facts laid out for you it’s not sinking in.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

You read everywhere about how online trolls can wreck peoples' lives. People are worried about online bullying. This thread is a perfect example. The idiot who conceived the idea of this thread, needs to do a spot of soul searching. Is he so bloody perfect in his life, that he is beyond reproach? Where are the Moderators that allow such vicious baiting? Makes me ashamed of some Orient Supporters.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Some fans have to have a scape goat it seems to be Pigotts turn
Very sad.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

gshaw wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:55 am The question is whether in Ling's words "getting the best deals" is worth the tradeoff in (lack of) match fitness given we seem to run a thin squad with academy players padding out the numbers.

2.45 he is refering to the previously mentioned 1.58 Pigott & Graham needed time to get fit. After his outburst in January RW mentioned & an hour long phone call with Travis & said he was fine with the window.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

This needs to be closed. If JP sees this could cause him issues
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

He scores a hat trick every night with me babys